N2 Publishing Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
N2 Publishing CEO Duane Hixon
Duane Hixon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "N2 Publishing provides the perfect opportunity for me to manage my Work-Life Balance goals" (in 20 reviews)

• "The pros of working with N2 is that you are never alone in the job" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Cooperation among local Area Directors / team members is essential to the happiness and success of the regional team" (in 18 reviews)

• "You have to have a passion for it and if you don't you will not survive at N2 or as a business owner" (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Impossible Made Possible"

Current Employee - Area Director in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Area Director in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My wife and I had talked about working together in business but had no idea what it would look like. We knew we wanted more freedoms with our time and we wanted to be able to raise our kids and not have a daycare do that for us. This was our simple vision 3.5 years ago when we took a leap of faith with N2. In that time we've met many incredible business owners that we work with in the community and residents that love participating in the publication and look forward to getting it each month. The community has really adopted us and we are able to raise our little girl and experience parenting in a way that many people do not get to. After 9 months of being in print with N2 my wife was able to leave her job in HR. And after 12 months of being in print we passed the income of our previous combined salaries. N2 has exceeded our expectations.

The business model is almost as incredible as the people that make up the culture. The support that we have is exceptional as a franchise owner. I really appreciate the N2 Culture Deck and being apart of a company that does what they say they will do and treats people the way they would like to be treated. We truly have ownership over our business with this franchise model and there are many other business models where the business OWNS you!

Cons

We don't get to see some good friends very often that my wife and I have made because they live in other parts of the country.

Advice to Management

Let's bring a client appreciation event to the Northwest in 2018 like we recently did in the Midwest to share on a larger level the positive changes that are happening through N2.

2. "N2 Review"

Current Employee - Area Director in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Area Director in Naples, FL

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate Support in NC is amazing all around!
    Flexibility in creating your own schedule.
    User friendly software.
    National Network, providing proof to our product & values.
    Organized.

The opportunity to work with N2 has fulfilled career character desires on many levels! Being a single mom, with compact working hours, N2 provides me to have time with family and an income to maintain a generous lifestyle! N2 inspires you to grow professionally and personally, which allows you to "Work with Intent" each week toward new goals. You can continue to grow your business at a pace that works best for you and your family's needs. Thank you N2!

Cons

Really can not say there are many cons! Self motivation and working with intent is a qualification; however, because the position itself calls for daily rejection. Though the overall wins and reaching your "WHY" outweigh this con.

Advice to Management

Maintain employee empowerment and do not become a company of "SALES" and numbers entirely. Keeping in mind that ADs are here because of the job environment they can create in their business and looked management as a tremendous support, but not a daily report.

3. "Publisher"

Former Employee - Publisher
    Former Employee - Publisher

I worked at N2 Publishing full-time

Pros

Create your own hours, success and failure is up to you, great company and leadership

Cons

sales, cold-calling, ramp up can be hard without the right training - and even with the right training

"Why I Love N2"

Current Employee - Area Director in Las Cruces, NM
    Current Employee - Area Director in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

What an amazing company. N2 gives you the support, tools and freedom to make your own way, owning your own business, and setting the path for yourself that you envision for yourself and your family.

The best part of the N2 program is by far THE PEOPLE. The people in the community you serve as well as the people within N2.
    Then, top PROS are also the flexible schedule (perfect for juggling family) and our unlimited earning potential. Our potential for success in this business is only limited by ourselves -- otherwise, your ambitions and imagination can carry you wherever you want to go.

Cons

It's hard to think of cons. Because you run your own business, with the support and guidance of N2, as you GROW, you can off load by hiring your own staff, tasks that you'd prefer not to coordinate directly anymore.
    I guess, just balancing your SCHEDULE can become tricky as you choose to take on more responsibilities (which I have). There are only so many hours in a day!

Advice to Management

I prefer to work on these through the leadership track. If there were a magic wand for keeping out the bad apples, please find it!

5. "publisher"

I worked at N2 Publishing full-time

Pros

great supportive company with unlimited potential.

Cons

Must be self motivated and work hard.

"5 years with this company"

Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Reno, NV

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Quality of life changed forever
    Work around my family needs
    controll of my pay and time
    work with great residents
    N2 supports the AD's with clients

Cons

must be able to work - you have to put in the work no one is doing it for you

Advice to Management

create more field training opportunities with new and seasoned AD's.

"Area Director"

Current Employee - Area Director in Colleyville, TX
    Current Employee - Area Director in Colleyville, TX

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work / Family Life balance
    Freedom over your schedule
    Great training!

Cons

No pay until your publication launches

"Wish I had Found Earlier"

Current Employee - Area Director in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Area Director in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being your own boss.
    The positive income you make.
    The flexibility of the job.
    The joy out of making residents day by featuring them.

I have worked for myself all my life. I bought a Ford dealership when I was single and 24 years old, added a Napa Auto Parts and Ace hardware to the mix over the 20+ years. I owned those businesses.
    After selling out of those businesses in 2007 I found N2 publishing. The best way to put it is I wish I had found n2 earlier. There couldn't be a better job out there. You know things are good when you absolutely love what you and do and you make a great living do it.

Cons

We do actually have to work.

Advice to Management

Management couldn't be better.
    They care about the little guys in the company.
    There is no doubt that they care more about our experience and welfare than the bottom line. The bottom line is important but not the only factor
    involved in the decision process.

"Great company with innovative program"

Current Employee - Area Director in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Area Director in Charleston, SC

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance is a positive aspect of this company

Cons

Ramping up a publication can be challenging

N2 Publishing Response

May 14, 2018 – Content Strategist

Thank you for sharing about your experience!

"Why I love N2."

Current Employee - Area Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Area Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, good financial opportunity, great team atmosphere, excellent training, a corporate culture of giving back and a culture that truly cares.

N2 has given me the opportunity to have my own business and make a difference in my community, provide a substantial income and become a better person. Our culture is top notch, the N2 team cares for one another in a way I did not experience in corporate America. We are challenged to move beyond our limiting beliefs and be the best person we can be.

Cons

Flexible schedule can be a con if you don't manage your time wisely.

Advice to Management

Provide additional alternatives for Area Directors to create more income through products associated with our publications rather than just ad revenue as the single source of income. Most of our new products are not open to existing AD's unless they sell their current business.