N2 Publishing Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
N2 Publishing CEO Duane Hixon
Duane Hixon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • N2 Publishing provides the perfect opportunity for me to manage my Work-Life Balance goals (in 20 reviews)

• The pros of working with N2 is that you are never alone in the job (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Cooperation among local Area Directors / team members is essential to the happiness and success of the regional team (in 18 reviews)

• You have to have a passion for it and if you don't you will not survive at N2 or as a business owner (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Impossible Made Possible"

Current Employee - Area Director in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Area Director in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My wife and I had talked about working together in business but had no idea what it would look like. We knew we wanted more freedoms with our time and we wanted to be able to raise our kids and not have a daycare do that for us. This was our simple vision 3.5 years ago when we took a leap of faith with N2. In that time we've met many incredible business owners that we work with in the community and residents that love participating in the publication and look forward to getting it each month. The community has really adopted us and we are able to raise our little girl and experience parenting in a way that many people do not get to. After 9 months of being in print with N2 my wife was able to leave her job in HR. And after 12 months of being in print we passed the income of our previous combined salaries. N2 has exceeded our expectations.

The business model is almost as incredible as the people that make up the culture. The support that we have is exceptional as a franchise owner. I really appreciate the N2 Culture Deck and being apart of a company that does what they say they will do and treats people the way they would like to be treated. We truly have ownership over our business with this franchise model and there are many other business models where the business OWNS you!

Cons

We don't get to see some good friends very often that my wife and I have made because they live in other parts of the country.

Advice to Management

Let's bring a client appreciation event to the Northwest in 2018 like we recently did in the Midwest to share on a larger level the positive changes that are happening through N2.

2. "Area Director"

Current Employee - Area Director in Colleyville, TX
    Current Employee - Area Director in Colleyville, TX

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work / Family Life balance
    Freedom over your schedule
    Great training!

Cons

No pay until your publication launches

3. "Wish I had Found Earlier"

Current Employee - Area Director in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Area Director in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being your own boss.
    The positive income you make.
    The flexibility of the job.
    The joy out of making residents day by featuring them.

I have worked for myself all my life. I bought a Ford dealership when I was single and 24 years old, added a Napa Auto Parts and Ace hardware to the mix over the 20+ years. I owned those businesses.
    After selling out of those businesses in 2007 I found N2 publishing. The best way to put it is I wish I had found n2 earlier. There couldn't be a better job out there. You know things are good when you absolutely love what you and do and you make a great living do it.

Cons

We do actually have to work.

Advice to Management

Management couldn't be better.
    They care about the little guys in the company.
    There is no doubt that they care more about our experience and welfare than the bottom line. The bottom line is important but not the only factor
    involved in the decision process.

4. "Great company with innovative program"

Current Employee - Area Director in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Area Director in Charleston, SC

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance is a positive aspect of this company

Cons

Ramping up a publication can be challenging

May 14, 2018 – Content Strategist

Thank you for sharing about your experience!

5. "Why I love N2."

Current Employee - Area Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Area Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, good financial opportunity, great team atmosphere, excellent training, a corporate culture of giving back and a culture that truly cares.

N2 has given me the opportunity to have my own business and make a difference in my community, provide a substantial income and become a better person. Our culture is top notch, the N2 team cares for one another in a way I did not experience in corporate America. We are challenged to move beyond our limiting beliefs and be the best person we can be.

Cons

Flexible schedule can be a con if you don't manage your time wisely.

Advice to Management

Provide additional alternatives for Area Directors to create more income through products associated with our publications rather than just ad revenue as the single source of income. Most of our new products are not open to existing AD's unless they sell their current business.

6. "Great company!"

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time

Pros

Great company to work for, especially if you have a good work ethic, but also need flexibility.

Cons

Can be stressful managing content and sales

7. "Thankful for N2"

Current Employee - Area Director in Aiken, SC
    Current Employee - Area Director in Aiken, SC

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with N2 for 6 years and can't imagine doing anything else. I started as a junior in college, 19 years old, and N2 truly took me "under their wing." I love what I get to do. I get to meet people and build relationships. I just go out make, tell them what I do, and have fun.

I love the freedom and flexibility this job allows if you work hard. I get to take time off when I want. I can make my own schedule. The income potential is there if you just do the work.

Cons

It is a grind and can be very difficult at times. There are a lot of moving parts and is a lot to keep up with. Have to be very self motivated, which at times isn't always easy to do.

Advice to Management

Maybe offering insurance. I wish there was someway for us to have a Christmas party of some sort just to bring everyone together during the holidays. Always keep God at the center.

Apr 30, 2018 – Content Strategist

We're so glad we have you on the team! Your pros and cons are spot on -- the role is challenging but worth it for those who are self-motivated. Thank you for sharing advice as well. It's important to... More

8. "Life changing culture!"

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time

Pros

Incredible company culture. I have worked in many different jobs where they claim to value their employees and a good culture, but none even come close to N2. It truly is rewarding going to a job that I love, with people I actually care about, every single day. The leadership really do care about me as a person. They strive to make me a better professional and individual. N2 has been life changing!

Cons

I have nothing even remotely negative to say about working here!

Apr 30, 2018 – Content Strategist

Wonderful to hear! So glad you appreciate the culture we've worked hard to build and maintain. Thank you for your review.

9. "Stay away unless you can work 70 hours a week without a paycheck"

I worked at N2 Publishing full-time

Pros

-Good earning POTENTIAL
    -Flexible schedule
    -1099 form

Cons

-No support at all
    -YOU pay for your own training

May 7, 2018 – Content Strategist

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We'd like to clarify a few things. Your headline likely refers to ramp-up, a short period of time when many new Area Directors working to launch their publication... More

"A great company dedicated to building a positive environment for its employees and beyond"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

+ The company/executives truly believe its people are its most important resource and have developed an incredibly strong culture from the top down.

+ Lots of unique benefits in-house and for remote employees.

+ N2 invests a lot of time, energy and finances to philanthropic causes.

Cons

- Constant change: You need to be very flexible working at N2 due to the amount of changes that happens yearly. They are always pushing the needle and looking for ways to become better so things are unlikely to stay the same for an extended period of time.

- Healthcare: While the unorthodox benefits are awesome, the amount of healthcare coverage certainly could be improved.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the people and protect the culture. The larger N2 grows, the more difficult these tasks will be.

Apr 30, 2018 – Content Strategist

Great insight. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! It's true -- we are constantly in a state of change, which is so exciting but can certainly be a challenge. Glad we have you on the team!