N2 Publishing Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
N2 Publishing CEO Duane Hixon
Duane Hixon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The pros of working with N2 is that you are never alone in the job (in 17 reviews)

• The entire staff truly cares about their employees and their Area Directors (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Cooperation among local Area Directors / team members is essential to the happiness and success of the regional team (in 17 reviews)

• Is it a con that it requires hard work to be successful (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Incredible Company With Incredible Leaders"

Current Employee - Area Director in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Area Director in Miami, FL

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started working with N2 Publishing in March of 2015. There were no publications in Miami at the time and it is not an easy market to work in. In 6 months I was already in print and making 5k+ in residual per month.

There are 3 major areas of the business: sales, networking and gathering content from residents, and organizing small events. N2 completely prepares you to be successful in all of the different aspects of the business. There are 2 conference calls per week with amazing leaders / speakers that address several areas of the business. There are 3 major conferences per year that require a short distance of travel, but are very beneficial for improving your skills, attitude and understanding of the business.

The first six months of working in the business are most likely going to revolve solely on sales. Once your publication is ready to go to print, you must balance sales, and networking / gathering content from residents, and organizing small events. It takes a few weeks / months to really get the hang of doing all those things at the same time, but it becomes increasingly easier the longer you are in the company. Over 800 people have been able to learn to balance these things and run a successful business. So that should tell you, that pretty much anyone can do it, if they are willing to follow the system that N2 has designed.

By August of 2016 there were 3 publications in print in the Miami market (2 of which are mine), and I was making 12k+ plus per month in residual. The hardest part of N2 is managing your emotions and the ups and downs of sales (as in any sales job), as well as keeping your activity level up (as you do not have a boss breathing down your neck and making sure you are working).

My work life balance is way better than a traditional 9-5 business. I have been able to take numerous vacations and spontaneous 3 day weekends with my family. I have 2 small children under 3 years old so although my life is quite busy, the lifestyle I can live with N2 is truly unparalleled.

If you can handle sales, and are a people person that connects well with individuals, this could be an amazing job for you.

Pros of working at N2?

- Support and mentoring from incredible leaders.
    - Ability to make great income working 40 or less hours per week.
    - Flexibility in schedule.
    - Owning your own business that you can sell at a later date.
    - Plenty of opportunities to move up in management.
    - N2 invests in helping their employees grow in their personal lives.

Cons

- Must be willing to be humble and follow the N2 program, even if you think you could come up with a better system.
    - You will have to learn to manage the roller-coaster of emotions that surround a sales job that is 100% commission.
    - You will have to learn to be organized and manage several unrelated tasks at the same time.
    - You will have to learn how to have faith that if you do the work, the results will come.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you are doing!

2. "Unlimited potential"

Current Employee - Area Director in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Area Director in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The most important aspect of working with N2 Publishing is by far the CULTURE. It is very clear that this is the key to the growth and continued success of the brand!

Pros:

Flexibility, Business-Ownership, and the Unlimited Potential for growth

Cons

Flexibility - if you aren't self-motivated to work you will abuse the flexibility to your own detriment.

Advice to Management

Keep culture the #1 focus

3. "Best Career Decision I Have Ever Made"

Current Employee - Area Director in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Area Director in Frisco, TX

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My experience with N2 has been nothing short of amazing. After 16 years in the media industry, I wanted something that gave me the flexibility I needed to be there for my growing family while also giving me the financial freedom to make as much money as I wanted to/needed to make to support us at the same time. When I joined N2, I had high hopes that I had found the right company and the rewards have been ten-fold. I am in business for myself, but not by myself. The support and the training is second to none. This opportunity is perfect for someone with a strong work ethic and a get it done mentality, who is also a team player and wants to have the ability to live the life that they have always dreamed about.

Pros:
    Financial freedom
    Flexibility
    Work from Home - no commute!
    Training - you are not left wondering "what do I do next". It is all laid out for you and the support from a local and Corporate level is amazing.
    Being a part of a community - from meeting local business owners to working with residents to share their stories, you feel connected and a part of something bigger than yourself.

Cons

There are no cons - if you have a strong work ethic, get it done mentality and are a team player. I was worried about not making money while in ramp up, but like any other business owner, there is a growth period in your business and my ramp up was mine. I am building a legacy for my family and I take that very seriously. What we do is not hard, but it's not easy either. It takes determination, tenacity and a strong mental attitude.

Advice to Management

I honestly cannot think of anything. The support and training from Management is beyond compare and I am thankful for the leaders at N2. Each person in leadership at N2 has been through all the same things I go through and they are a wealth of knowledge. Thank you for all you do N2!

"Opportunity Knocks!"

Current Employee - Area Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Area Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came to N2 after a very successful career in corporate America. I feel that my entrepreneurial spirit has allowed me to succeed at N2. I am in charge of two publications and I will never look back. Opportunity was knocking and I went for it. Best decision I've ever made.

I love running my own business. I enjoy meeting people, so I really don't feel as if I am going to work each day. Everything I do all day is growing MY business, so I enjoy it very much.

I also love the support that I receive from N2. Everyone that I work with has run a publication so they understand exactly what I am going through. The positive support the Area Directors get is unmatched as compared to any other company.

Cons

Not a whole lot of cons to speak of. If you do not had the discipline to run a business, this might not be the right thing for you. You must manage your schedule and not allow it to manage you.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the awesome support structure that you currently have in place. This is what sets N2 apart from any other company out there. Maintain the company culture. It is why I am here.

5. "Wonderful opportunity at a great company"

Current Employee - Area Director in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Area Director in Manchester, NH

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've enjoyed owning my own N2 franchise over the past few years. I love the work/home balance and flexibility (being around for my family), as well as the opportunity to meet my income goals. The company's region directors and coaches provide the appropriate level of accountability and support for people who are new to sales.

Pros:

- Flexibility to make your own schedule and have a fantastic work/life balance
    - Unlimited income opportunity
    - Ability to expand with additional publications once you achieve a profitability level
    - Weekly training conference calls to "sharpen the ax" and constantly improve
    - National conferences, regional training meetings, regional teams collaborate over instant messaging - all of these help to prevent Area Directors from feeling alone and help them to improve and create relationships within the company
    - If you just follow the N2 program and stay faithful to it over the long haul, you will succeed

Cons

- As with any entrepreneurship and sales position, it is a grind with a lot of rejection
    - It can be difficult to sustain a high level of consistent activity, which is required to succeed
    - 100% commission structure - commissions vary month to month and can dip a lot during renewal cycles
    - This is a 1099 independent contractor position, so no benefits

Advice to Management

- A lot of growing and improvement has happened in the area of quality control recently - continue to work with Area Directors who are not completely following the N2 model in terms of content to make sure their publications conform to N2's national standards
    - In a few short years, I've seen management make countless improvements to make N2 a better company and they are showing no signs slowing down. They take suggestions and feedback seriously because they genuinely care about the people at N2.

6. "Outstanding Work Environment"

Current Employee - Area Director in Groton Long Point, CT
    Current Employee - Area Director in Groton Long Point, CT

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been blessed to find this opportunity. N2 has changed my life. The people you work with are amazing, the income opportunity and comp plan are like no other. I would highly recommend N2 to anyone who wants to have flexibility and a strong income.

Prose:

* Work Life Balance
    * Flexibility
    * High Income Potential
    * Great support and leadership
    *Great product
    * Fun

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Continue to love and invest in people.

7. "Love working for N2!!"

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time

Pros

N2 truly cares about their people, they want everyone to have a great work/life balance and strive to grow not only their business but their people as well. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else!

Cons

None that I can think of!

"Best opportunity I've had"

Current Employee - Software Support Specialist in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Software Support Specialist in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at N2 Publishing (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is important to the company, and it is evident in everything. A great culture is not goofing off all day, a great culture instead is one that makes you glad to come in to work, and glad to put in the extra effort because you are unified in what the company is building, and know your work will not go unappreciated. This company shows appreciation for its employees in everything it does.

Cons

The Company is growing quickly and sometimes has growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, keep showing your employee's how much they're appreciated.

9. "Time Flies"

Current Employee - Area Director in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Area Director in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

N2 has been the single best thing I have ever had the opportunity to be a part of:

- Freedom in your scheduling around your family is #1
    - Financial, make your own income whatever you may desire
    - Friendship, met a lot of fantastic people both that work with N2 and my clients of N2 whom all have become friends.

Cons

Nothing, I love my job and the opportunity Earl & Duane have given me. I will be here as long as they will have me!

10. "Area Director"

Current Employee - Area Director
    Current Employee - Area Director

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture in this company is not just smoke. Everyone from the CEO down to the newest hire live and breathe this culture. The opportunities with this company are limitless and very, VERY possible. I'm not an "N2 success story" yet, but I am sticking around because I just want to be a part of this company. The owners and VP will treat you like family the first time they meet you.

Cons

Be ready to work harder than you ever have in your entire life. If you tend to do things half way, this is not a great fit for you. There are a lot of ups and downs, so be prepared to stick through some tough times.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Thank you for your support, encouragement, and positive attitude.