N2 Publishing "publication" Reviews | Glassdoor

N2 Publishing Employee Reviews about "publication"

Updated Oct 16, 2019

4.7
N2 Publishing CEO Duane Hixon
Duane Hixon
Pros
  • "I also love being creative with my publication(in 47 reviews)

• "The ongoing training and support is ever present and there is a real desire for their Area Directors to succeed in their goals(in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • "No pay until your publication launches(in 37 reviews)

• "Area Directors in larger cities where there are more communities(in 29 reviews)

Reviews about "publication"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent Income Potential"

Current Employee - Region Director

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

N2 offers an opportunity to earn high levels of income quickly with the flexibility of the ability to create a great work/life balance. The ongoing training and support is ever present and there is a real desire for their Area Directors to succeed in their goals.

Cons

Getting the publication off the ground takes hard work however once in print, consistent activity, to a lesser degree, will sustain it for a long time.

N2 Publishing2019-10-16

"Great Opportunity, I was not a good fit."

Former Employee - Senior Pastor in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at N2 Publishing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Income potential only limited by your drive, get to meet new people, Focused on only one neighborhood, VERY friendly competitiveness in company, Help is available. Work from home, once in print your schedule is yours

Cons

No pay until your publication is in print, Immediate cost for starting, Have to travel for training and it is not good enough for the expense. Limited face to face company interaction, pressure is not bad, but if you don't take off it gets bad.

Advice to Management

Talk to the ones that fail, there are things that need improvement but you are too wrapped up in your success to realize what you are missing.

N2 Publishing2019-06-20

"9 YEARS AND STILL LOVING IT!"

Current Contractor - Area Director in Northern, KY

I have been working at N2 Publishing for more than 8 years

Pros

I love the freedom to set my own schedule and work when I want. I also love being creative with my publication.

Cons

It can take a little time to adjust to working on your own. There are lots of opportunities to interact with fellow AD's but you don't get the daily water cooler talk.

Advice to Management

Management has varied over the years but all in all if you need help they are always there and if you need space then that is ok too!

N2 Publishing2019-06-07

"Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Tyler, TX

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work from Home, flexible hours, plenty of time off, Great money, Lots of training and help lines, three conferences per year, awesome and unique product, Very user friendly portal and publication article upload system, very high standards, gives back 2% of all company earnings to non-profits, many great area directors company wide, great culture and very high values

Cons

I seriously can not think of any cons to this business. I am 55 and worked for other companies throughout the years that were not sales related and it was just a job for me. N2 has been the best decision I ever made and I consider myself VERY fortunate.

N2 Publishing2019-02-06

"Great Company with Amazing Leadership"

Current Employee - Area Director in Waco, TX

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best atmosphere and company culture. Continually ranked as one of the best companies to work for. Consistent training and assistance from management. Franchise owners are some of the best to work with and learn from. Neighborhood publications are very well received and loved by residents of the communities they serve.

Cons

Ramp up can be challenging for potential new Area Directors who need income sooner. However, can also be rewarding once completed. Smaller town Area Directors can be somewhat isolated from other Area Directors in larger cities where there are more communities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thank you for the opportunity.

N2 Publishing2019-01-14

"Franchise Opportunity Has Exceeded Expectations"

Current Employee - Sales Director/Franchise Owner in Camas, WA

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My wife and I have been able to work together the last 4 years. After starting the franchise opportunity with N2 it was only 6 months before we were in a position to bring my wife home from her previous career in Human Resources. We've been franchise owners the last 4.5 years now and this opportunity has greatly exceeded our expectations in many ways. We love the community we work with in Camas, WA and built so many... incredible friendships with people that receive the publication each month and we have met because of our work in the community. We are thankful to work with the most creative and kind business owners who are at the top of their professions in Southwest WA. My wife and I love the work life balance that goes along with the franchise opportunity.

Cons

In sales, it's never fun dealing with rejection. We can be our best employee or our worst employee with how we manage our time. Anyone in business has good days and bad days and like any business owner, it's up to you to pull yourself out of those tough days. We can reach out to our fellow franchise owners to help with that.

Advice to Management

Typically someone who takes longer than 6 months to go through ramp-up and take their publication to print isn't going to be a good long term fit because they don't have the drive to push themself. I think it would be helpful to have a clause in the franchise agreement that says something like, someone needs to achieve ramp-up in 6 months or less or they will not be allowed to be a franchise owner.

N2 Publishing2018-11-28
  7. "Opportunity to control my future"

Current Employee - Area Director in Peoria, IL

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

N2 provided me with the opportunity to set my own business goals and run my own franchise. I am far from the best but the company culture is very supportive, and I know that my future growth is in my control. I have been with the company for over 4 years and, like all things in life, continue to to learn and grow. Corporate Culture is a big factor at N2 and people that are open to learning will do well. The... flexibility of the position also allowed me the freedom the take care of family during a recent medical need. I was able to control my own schedule to maintain my local publication and be available to family. A luxury rarely found in the corporate world.

Cons

You will need to leave an "employee" mind set at the door and be disciplined to run your local area. It took me a while to adjust to that at first, but I would not have it any other way now.

N2 Publishing2018-11-06

"Being Objective"

Current Employee - Quality Control in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My experience with N2 is doubtlessly amazing in terms of growth and thus learning new things. Actually it's a place of change and atmosphere of flexibility which is governed by excellence oriented. Joining N2 has enable me to take my goals and aspiration to the next level through the atmosphere of lucrative culture experience. Since the culture deck thus promote the ability to demonstrate work ethics with team... work and at the same time flexibility. What distinguish N2 from other organization is being Christ Centered.

Cons

The nature of work is very time sensitive which could bring a little stress but at the same time it's fun. Defining my area of work which involves quality check with publication that get to my desk can not allow me to work in the home or remote unlike the designers and administration.

Advice to Management

What l could suggest to the management is to continue to open to change for excellence and thus never entertain complacency but always give room for improvement so long as competitors never rest or become satisfy. Since there is a proven record track of N2 being one of the fastest growing media organization in America, l suggest they take their franchise to international level in order to turn neighborhood into... community and bring family together which stands to be one of their ultimate goals and visions.

N2 Publishing2018-10-31

"Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Area Director in Burlington, NC

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for less than a year

Pros

First of all the training is awesome and fun. The back end support (Field Support) is the best. They can assist you through any issues with your pub including ads, content or just about anything. N2 also appoints a mentor that is there for you really anytime, but you also have a regular 1 on 1 meeting each week to discuss any issues or how to questions. Working with N2 has been an awesome experience!! I've... been in sales my whole career, but N2 has a unique approach of selling that really works. You are more or less interviewing the potential sponsor to see if they are a good match for your publication. I try to have the best of the best sponsors in my pub! It's fun working with the neighbors to get the content, plus you know their neighbors are reading the publication because they provide most of the content.

Cons

Like anything- "You only get out what you put in" so be ready to put in the proper amount of time. This is not a part time job!!

Advice to Management

Let me start up another pub in Mebane once I get another 6 months under my belt!! Thanks N2 for giving me this opportunity!!

N2 Publishing2018-10-21
  10. "One Happy Area Director!"

Current Employee - Area Director

I have been working at N2 Publishing part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, Income Potential, Sense of Accomplishment, Being your own boss work/life balance.

Cons

Ramping up a publication is challenging. ( Rewards are great, but in the beginning, it takes time and effort).

Advice to Management

Should have local regional directors, who have a sense of the climate in the area. Training should focus on employee demographics. Many women/moms own their business and advice is coming from men , who have at home wives and lack insight on balancing raising kids/work. Otherwise, very supportive management.

N2 Publishing2018-11-05