N26 Reviews

Updated May 14, 2021

N26 CEO Valentin Stalf
Valentin Stalf
Pros
  • "personal development budget & subway ticket)(in 17 reviews)

• "Benefits - Pre-Covid times there were OK benefits like subsidised train tickets, gym memberships, free lunch once a week(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "A lot of the early stage people are now on C-level(in 14 reviews)

• "during hyper growth the communication was difficult between teams and new managers(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company and team

Feb 11, 2020 - Operations Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture and amazing group of talented / fun people - Fast growth and exciting working environment - Very limited hierarchy and direct exposure to senior management - Great place to develop and learn

Cons

- Still a start-up, so processes / organization can at times be messy; not a company specific issue though

5 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee

Founders do not care about employees.

Sep 5, 2020 - Growth
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team, smart individuals, great concept

Cons

Heavy politics, low confidence in Csuite, founders do not care about employees.

19 people found this review helpful

N26 Response

N26 People Team

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, and for contributing to the growth of N26! We have shared your feedback with our leadership team to reflect and take action on, and we would also like to address these concerns here. Employee well-being has, and always will be, a top priority for us. Our quarterly engagement survey is used to collect feedback and understand which areas of the business we need to focus on and improve. We run monthly Q and As with our Founders, where employees have the opportunity to ask questions and address their concerns directly with the leadership team. You’ll also see our commitment to well-being in our Code of Conduct, which we rolled out this year. Here we share our guiding principles and ways of working together at N26, with an emphasis on building a workplace which respects individual differences, welcomes diverse ideas, and promotes personal development. Members of our leadership team are selected for their roles based on their expertise in their respective areas. Our Recruitment team follows a structured selection process for all candidates. In addition, our Organizational Development team work directly with N26’s leadership team to support continuous learning, and to develop, improve and reinforce the business strategies, structures and processes. We hope that sheds some light on the ways we are working to make a great place to work. Thanks again for sharing your views with us.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee

Immature company with immature leadership

Oct 23, 2020 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

1.5K learning budget Engineers I worked with are hard working

Cons

N26 is a terrible place to work. The amount of resignations this company has seen from engineers in the past 9 months is a testament to the chronic lack in leadership, abysmal company and product outlook, poor mentorship, micromanagement by "The Founders" and, the saddest of all, no cohesive technology and engineering road map. This company has also demonstrated itself as an organisation which turns a blind eye to global and employee issues. The founders blatantly avoided answering questions regarding BLM movement during a companywide "Founders AMA", there was a disjointed and terrible leadership in recognizing COVID-19 and the police were called to stop employees in Berlin from forming a worker’s council. While I did plan on learning a lot while working here, don't bet on it. The bucket load of work and re-work that you will be doing which are outside your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results)/ KPIs will keep you busy. Related to the aforementioned lack of a technical roadmap. I recommend overlooking this company if you are looking for your next job.

23 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0

Awful

Mar 24, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some "start up" perks that are mostly useless

Cons

Toxic culture, ego driven, lack of business vision

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0

Hectic

Feb 10, 2021 - Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small startup, a lot of freedom to take on proects

Cons

Really hectic culture no real plan for growth

5 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0

Don’t waste your time

Feb 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of talented, hardworking mid-levels in engineering and other departments.

Cons

Lack of leadership. Inexperienced and incapable management. Low compensation. No room for real growth. Non-existent HR. Toxic environment.

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Crucial time, opportunity for impact

Feb 25, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The product is great and there is a good market opportunity in the US when we get the product market fit right. This will be an important year for N26 globally. We hired strong directors, especially in product and we have some good C level leaders (People, Product and Banking). If the 3 of them can make sure the directors get the autonomy to have impact, this will be big. If you are a professional who takes ownership and you have drive for change, you should join and help influence the situation explained in “Cons”.

Cons

Unfortunately the CEO is a micro manager who is not able to trust people. A lot of the early stage people are now on C-level. They create a lot of frustration with experience leaders in middle management. Especially for product it is difficult to work with technology and marketing not having experienced leaders. They have never worked in a professional company, including the CEO. Lovely people, working really hard and trying their best but they are not fit for the job.

9 people found this review helpful

N26 Response

People, Lead

There is a huge opportunity for N26! :) The last few months have been quite the whirlwind for the US – launching, tripling our team and hitting 250k users in our first 6 months. We learned a lot last year going through hyper growth and have undertaken a series of initiatives aimed at making N26 an even better place to work. Including hiring at the leadership level and developing internal programs to develop and empower current and next gen leaders for the US and N26, globally. Your comments are valued and will help us continue to improve. If you’re up for it, I’d love to pick your brain further to understand how to enable a happier and more productive way of working.

8. 1.0

We're Pawns Doomed to Fail

Nov 18, 2020 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good market opportunity with lots of talented people

Cons

Lack of leadership, little diversity of thought, and a lot of back seat driving from the EU. Still unclear if they even understand the US market. Execution is cumbersome and confusing being dependent on the Europeans.

17 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Jan 30, 2020 - Customer Operations in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

At N26 you will find yourself surrounded by highly skilled highly motivated individuals all working together to build the next generation of banking. If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same and your work has high impact, N26 is a great place to work.

Cons

As in any startup, you will need to be able to get up to speed quickly.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great engineering culture

Jan 30, 2020 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The US engineering team is great. The people here are very knowledgeable, incredibly helpful, and just amazing to be around. The team is honestly one of the best parts of coming to work. The US team as a whole is also amazing. People are really friendly, knowledgeable, and are always willing to help out. Salary is slightly above nyc average

Cons

Some pains with dealing with EU

1 person found this review helpful