NAPW Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matthew Proman

Pros
  • The hours enhanced my work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

• work hours 9-5 very very very relaxed office (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • most of my training class was let go along with others from the month before people (in 3 reviews)

• Those group of women who make money are given "good leads" (in 3 reviews)

1. "representative"

Current Employee - Membership Coordinator in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Membership Coordinator in Garden City, NY

I have been working at NAPW (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hours are good since it is sales. You can make a six figure income. Leave the job at the door since you work only from 8:45 - 5

Cons

I don't have any. Good company great products & services. Good work location

Advice to Management

They are good managers. They have to deal with many different personalities.

2. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in Garden City, NY

I worked at NAPW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None! Only work here if you are desperate until good career jobs start opening up on LI.

Cons

Google NAPW SCAM! Both articles true! Unless you are desperate for a job stay very far away from this place. If you must, take the job to buy you more time to look for a real job.

Advice to Management

Hire experienced professional management. People with business ethics who do not lie to the sales force every day to their faces. Sever ties with Starr Jones and become legitimate.

3. "Membership Coordinator"

Current Employee - Membership Coordinator in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Membership Coordinator in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at NAPW (Less than a year)

Pros

The Work from home option

Cons

Lead pools suck
    Revolving door of employees
    Favoritism
    Lack of guidance or help

"Inside sales representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

I worked at NAPW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money was good if you performed.

Cons

I felt like I was selling my soul to the devil. There was a class action law suit against the company for not paying overtime. You truly felt like you were in a boiler room.

Advice to Management

Have a little more empathy of the people who are trying to make money for the company. There is so much turnover so give people a chance to do better.

"Plaque dept"

Current Employee - Plaque Vendor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Plaque Vendor in New York, NY

I have been working at NAPW (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid on time for the first few years

Cons

They shortest us 60k and would pay the balance....our WOMAN owned company
    Had to settle for 20k ....put us out of business

Advice to Management

Probably the best thing was to get rid of Matt Promann ......he was horrible and a
    Rude obnoxious jerk

"Horrid"

I worked at NAPW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good commission when allowed.

Cons

High turn over rate. Racism tolerated!!! Favortism!

Advice to Management

You're not there to suit and look pretty, do your job!

"Misleading Company, deceptive practices"

Former Employee - Membership Coordinator in Garden City, NY

I worked at NAPW full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice ladies to work with. I met a few great ladies there. Beautiful building in garden city. Weekly pay @ $500 a week plus whatever commission you make it any. Free stale bagels every Friday.

Cons

1. Blatant favoritism with the leads. Only a handful of chosen ones are given the good leads. Everyone else is given crap.

2. Extremely high turnover rate. Every Friday there are people let go for not reaching quota and every Monday there is a new training class only to replace them-- repeat cycle.

3. Management is unprofessional.

4. Company will go belly up soon.

5. You're on the phone for 8 hours a day trying to sell overpriced networking packages to women who have no clue who you are. It's essentially cold calling. $989/$789/$489/$199 and $99

Advice to Management

Company thrived under Matt. That merger destroyed what little integrity the company had left.

"Membership Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

I worked at NAPW full-time

Pros

FIrst and foremost, the money. It you have experience in Sales with an ability to be consistent and determined, you will hit your numbers without a problem. The bonus structure is exceptionally generous and makes the hours worth it. Getting a weekly paycheck was very nice, and I was easily clearing $4000/month. On top of the bonus structure there are also incentives through out the week to hit your goals. They atmosphere is very professional and except for a few key players, is predominantly a woman run office. It is also very competitive which I appreciate. Everyone always knows where they stand in numbers within the company as far as performance, which also help with motivation. Hours are semi-flexible, you work on a weekly salary and need to hit your hours for the week. The product is great. I found it easy to be behind the company and concept of empowering women to succeed in their personal and professional lives.

Cons

The hours can be rough with a very early start if you're working, like I did, on the West Coast, but is great if you have kids in school as you're always out by the early afternoon.
    The leads are hit and miss, which is why consistency is of the up most importance. This is not a job for the easily discouraged.

"Code Blue"

Former Employee - Membership Coordinator in Century City, CA
    Former Employee - Membership Coordinator in Century City, CA

I worked at NAPW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ZERO (except working with exceptional women who are just as miserable & mistreated), period, full stop.

Cons

Truly, too many to list. Read all the 1 star reviews on here & then go to yelp & you'll get the clearest picture possible without actually having to submit yourself to the horror. The company is in a death spiral and is currently trying to stop hemorrhaging into the red before the 1st quarter (just broke a 5yr lease on the LA office, sent workforce home for new "work-from-home" model...and once the office was fully vacated, the workers were promptly eliminated). Fraud from start to finish!

Advice to Management

Shame on you to those who have known what has gone on since the company's inception. Oh, and better start networking within your own organization because the chickens come home to roost.

"sales representative"

I worked at NAPW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none!! only things good about is is buisness casual dress code and relaxed setting sitting around making calls. the rest is horrible no one from this company that works there now has anything good to say.

Cons

they are complete morons and hire people within seconds just to fire them they pick randomly people out of your training class who will "make it" the company lays people off left and right with no direction the company is going down the drain at a high rate it isnt good perfomance and every month they will
    fire people at once they cant bring anyone on new because big layoffs are taking place. they hire people expecting a turnaround and profits to rise but the Company is garbage and trying to sell these "memberships" to woman that dont want nothing to do with the organization is hysterical they really go on linked in and thinking its a free profile to be apart of this "website" just to get asked a pitch once you call them unaware you have theyre info to sign up for a membership of 989.00 and 789.00 who in theyre right mind would pay for that and you get yelled out for lowering it to a basic membership this organization is greedy, selfish, disorganized, and horrible direction i should of known before coming aboard after reading others reviews on glass door their is a reason why noone on here has nothing good to say. people will be let go and another bad review will form granted they do offer you a severance package so at least its not a straight firing. most new employees that got hired taken on will shortly be let go. most of my training class was let go along with others from the month before people. they suck they are a strange company. just a tip they really should let it be known on linkedin or anywhere where once woman sign up just to get info on the company that it isnt free and you will have to pay to be a member before they get a call asking them for beyond reasonable money. this place is a scam. the coworkers know how hard it is to make a sale so they empathisize with you i was let go because i was "new" and the company had to make decisions because it barely is making any money. No will make jt out alive beware!!

Advice to Management

dont hire someone give them less then a week then let them go dont randomly select favorites in training and purposely set up seats once on the floor of where your computers are. Management doesnt care anyway so its pointless to give advice they are rude anyways.