NAPW Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.0
Matthew Proman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Potential to make good income in a bright, modern work environment (in 3 reviews)

• Really care about people and their concerns (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes working through lunch, high pressure, sometimes carrying about a project takes longer than necessary (in 3 reviews)

• The con is the actual membership credentials or legitimacy of what is supposedly provided to members or pitched to inquirers (in 12 reviews)

"Membership Coordinator employee"

Current Employee - Membership Coordinator in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Membership Coordinator in Albany, NY

I have been working at NAPW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful legitimate opportunity to work from home. Company benefits after probationary period and sick and personal time right away.They will provide you with a brand new company laptop and headset. User friendly CRM system. Awesome support from trainers.Weekly salary plus commission.The member benefits are outstanding and any one who is a serious business owner or wants to be can find amazing,top notch resources for networking,continuing education,etc.I can actually stand behind what I am selling here and that is very important to me.

Cons

I can't find any cons here and I did look very carefully.

Advice to Management

Thank you!

"Horrific "Women's" Organization"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

I worked at NAPW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free for all work environment

Cons

Misleading, terrible management especially the women, no room for growth, terrible pay, made up positions, company has been restructured numerous times and is ultimately doomed to fail.

Advice to Management

Why are you still working here if you're an intelligent human being?

3. "Horrible corrupted calculated dishonest organization you could not find a more horrible place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Garden City, NY

I have been working at NAPW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I wish there was A PRO to share unfortunately I can’t find one single pro working here it’s HORRIBLE beyond your imagination

Cons

this company is corrupt disrespectful discriminating unfair unprofessional and a complete joke everybody that still works there feels the exact same way not to mention there is no opportunity to make any money whatsoever

Advice to Management

A JOKE!-there are no words

"The worst...."

I worked at NAPW full-time

Pros

The women who work there really care about one another.

The staff was really trying to change the product, customer support, sales process and marketing -- create something real for the members.

Cons

The management team from the parent company PDN. Over the last year there have been lots of changes and there was a mass layoff, including most of the senior management team.

There is no real strategy nor anyone with real history. Although the team that is left is trying their best, they don't have the institutional memory.

Advice to Management

Step aside, create real plans, think before you act.

"Horrible"

Pros

There is nothing good about this company.

Cons

Racist, immoral, unethical, thieving, I can go on and on. I still haven't revived my w2 and they refuse to give it to me do I can file those taxes

Advice to Management

Shut it down already

"MASS FIRING TAKING PLACE 9/27-9/28 2017"

Former Employee - Membership Coordinator in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Membership Coordinator in Remote, OR

I worked at NAPW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing,there's no job security.They just fired 25 plus including management level employee's.

Cons

You will be selling memberships sight unseen and unverifiable to gullible women willing to hand over their credit cards for a membership they have no real understanding of. Long drawn out sales script with high pressure selling tactics,preying off ego's. Employee's are constantly in fear of losing their jobs and with good cause.

Advice to Management

Busted.

7. "Recruiting process is horrendous"

I worked at NAPW full-time

Pros

None! I do not know why anyone would work there

Cons

These people just can't take no for an answer! If you are to work at this company you need to know the way they recruit members is what I would call insulting and what a sells person would call amazing! They go on a information hunt for about 20 minutes, they will value ANYTHING you say, the person on the other side is extremely well-spoken and make you feel super valued. And then you start feeling the closing speech approaching and they mention the different membership options available which really are stupid! It starts at $799 and then $999. Then you say: that's not so affordable. And she goes: well do we have this other option which still give you great benefits but you have to pay $49 to participate to any event... I mean, really?! What's all this about! Just be straight forward! Anyways pure scam!

Advice to Management

change your recruitment policy, pressuring potential customers has never been a good tactics and if your current members went through the same process and ended up giving their credit card detail over the phone to be signed up after a 30min sales pitch, then I'm not interested in networking with them!

"This company is a SCAM!"

Former Employee - Membership Coordinator in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Membership Coordinator in Garden City, NY

I worked at NAPW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None whatsoever. I do not enjoy misleading potential customers.

Cons

This company is a SCAM. If you are thinking of working here and have any sort of morals or integrity, please run. This company is dishonest selling a product/service that DOES NOT EXIST for $989 and so forth. You will have to read a SCRIPT. That is not sales, that is pressure tactics to obtain credit card information from innocent people who would just like to network to grow their business, but you will just end up wasting your time and theirs. See for yourself the amount of people they scam and continue to scam on Yelp and the BBB.

There are tons of other resources online to read all about how these these people conduct business. Just google NAPW and see for yourself.

Shame on you for putting such a negative spin on a woman's organization and shame on all the women that work there and know what they are doing - you are all dishonest in your business.

Advice to Management

Get a real job that actually require real skills.

9. "Member"

Pros

Great Opportunities, Networking, & Webinars

Cons

Save Afternoon webinars for the weekend.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in Garden City, NY

I worked at NAPW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None! Only work here if you are desperate until good career jobs start opening up on LI.

Cons

Google NAPW SCAM! Both articles true! Unless you are desperate for a job stay very far away from this place. If you must, take the job to buy you more time to look for a real job.

Advice to Management

Hire experienced professional management. People with business ethics who do not lie to the sales force every day to their faces. Sever ties with Starr Jones and become legitimate.