NAVIKA CAPITAL GROUP Reviews | Glassdoor

NAVIKA CAPITAL GROUP Reviews

3.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Very positive work atmopsher"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at NAVIKA CAPITAL GROUP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I began working for Navika Capital last August in an executive level position as I am accomplished experienced hospitality professional with over 30 years of knowledge and leadership with deep industry relationships. I have found the atmosphere at Navika Capital a very comfortable environment with high standards that make it a truly good place to work. My experience at Navika is that the CEO, Naveen Shah, has created and sustained an organization culture that permits others to provide the quality of service that is essential to high performance. This has led others to acquire the tools and support they need to perform well. It is through Mr. Shah’s leadership that the company has maintained a productive climate that allows his employees to meet his high performance standards.

Cons

I find no fault with the company as it is an organization I enjoy working for, one that is a pleasure to be a part.

Advice to Management

Just continue what you have been doing as it is nice to be involved with a company with continuing growth.

2. "Great Place to Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Uniondale, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Uniondale, NY

I have been working at NAVIKA CAPITAL GROUP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Navika for over 3.5 years now and I can't express how fortunate I am to be a part of this ever growing company. If you want to learn about accounting, tax, the hospitality business, Human Resources, compliance, legal...you name it, Navika is large enough to cover every aspect of a mid-size commercial real estate enterprise with over 73 properties. There's never a shortage of work, but the CEO is very responsive to every last employee in the organization .. eager to help them grow in the business. The office is a diverse group of faces and all people in the company have been extremely cooperative and patient with me to learn the industry. I did not expect to make friendships at my work place as former jobs I've had have been very internally competitive, but it's refreshing to working for a company that's mentality is to grow the employees at the same time as the business.

Cons

In the hospitality industry, no one property operates the same as another. This isn't a con as much as it is important to know that every day is unique. Working here, every day you learn something new

Advice to Management

More company events such as the recent holiday party would be great to keep the culture thriving

"Can't Seem To Pay the Bills!"

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at NAVIKA CAPITAL GROUP full-time

Pros

I wish I had a pro statement I could make, but as hotels went - it was the most stressful property I ever had the opportunity to operate.

Cons

The company constantly fails to pay the bills and leaves it to the property managers to deal with the collection calls. In fact, they got so bad, the got me sued for them not paying bills. When I aired my concern with the CEO, he could care less that he got me sued and suggested I get an attorney. If they offer you a bonus - make sure it is written to include when they will pay it. I earned my annual bonus and after I was suppose to get it, the CEO then said he would pay it out monthly over the next year -

Advice to Management

Pay your bills - keep your word - care about staff and guest - put some money into renovating your properties so you quit losing your brands because of poor conditions

"Stay Away!!!!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Uniondale, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Uniondale, NY

I worked at NAVIKA CAPITAL GROUP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None
    Besides the wonderful human beings that work for this company (other than management)

Cons

The CEO micromanages everything..... You are Underpaid unless HE likes you, and you do everything he says, if he doesn't your lost.No privacy- No ethics- Everything is said OUT LOUT
    HE yells, and insults employees.He thinks office is his own house- "Rules everywhere, non-vegetarian food allowed, the phone cord must be rap around the phone before you leave the office, you must wipe clean your desk every friday before you leave- all desk are organized his own way, you change anything he'll notice, HE'll change it again- and LATER OR NEXT DAY the entire office will receive an email about it.
    You want more...........His policy to prevent turnaround "Pay vacations and sick days at the end of the year so the employees stays the whole year"