NAWC Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
  1. "electronics engineer"

in Ventura, CA

I have been working at NAWC

Pros

benefits, flexibility, durable, and work life balance

Cons

politics, hard to move up, blunt skills

Advice to Management

give promotion early

NAWC2016-12-15
  2. "Senior Systems Engineer"

I have been working at NAWC

Pros

Job security is number one. You don't have to worry about your job going away when a contract ends. The hours are flexible and overtime pay or comp time is guaranteed for any hours over your 80 hours per two-week pay period.

Cons

No cons. You just have to be willing to work a decent day for a decent day's pay. You only get out of it what you put into it.

Advice to Management

None.

NAWC2016-09-11
  3. "A great place to work"

Financial Analyst in Lakehurst NAEC, NJ

I have been working at NAWC

Pros

The Lakehurst naval base has a warm culture despite being a military installation. Its a pleasure to work her and is a true career.

Cons

Government Bureaucracy is always clear and present. Moves a bit slow on certain issues

NAWC2016-08-30

"Naval Air Warfare Center, Training Systems Division"

I worked at NAWC full-time

Pros

Stability, job transfers to many different federal agencies, good mid career pay if you can make it through the first few years, benefits pretty good, generous leave, good location, gym at work and lockerroom, opportunities to work abroad, good middle management, safe, student loan forgiveness if you stay 10 years, good health insurance and reitrement (if you can roll it over)

Cons

Can get boring, bureaucratic, its government work which means slower computers, you will have great coworkers but also people who dont seem to do anything but are unfirable, lots of training, top level management is disconnected, workload seems to be high for good workers, can be miscommunication, benefits are exaggerated, starting salary is low and first few years can be tough, late career salary is also low,... limited management positions, Trump might be your boss

Advice to Management

Operate like the private sector, incentive hard work, punish ineffective workers, minimize bureaucracy

NAWC2016-08-21
  5. "NAWCAD"

I worked at NAWC full-time

Pros

Rewarding work, providing products and services to Sailors and Marines, interesting projects, leadership opportunities, challenging problems to solve.

Cons

Working within a bureaucracy, dealing with Congress and budget benchmarks, long lead times to develop products and services, no incentive to reduce costs/return funding.

NAWC2016-07-04
  6. "Good Work, Horrible Location"

Current Employee - Computer Scientist in China Lake, CA

I have been working at NAWC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun exciting work Doing exactly what I went to school for Flexible hours. (Can choose the times you work as long as you do the required amount of hours) Earn 2.5 weeks of annual leave a year

Cons

Just hate the location. This particular site is in China Lake, CA which is the desert. There is really nothing to do here. Its an isolated location with the nearest city to do things 1.5 hrs away. Gets extremely hot here during the summer. The location just sucks to the max.

Advice to Management

My experience with management has been pleasant. They are very helpful, and want to see you succeed. So keep up the good work

NAWC2016-06-02
  7. "Child youth assistant"

I worked at NAWC

Pros

good pay for a part time job

Cons

limited time off and micro managed

Advice to Management

better training, less chaos and better balance of employees

NAWC2016-05-15
  8. "great place to work"

I have been working at NAWC

Pros

benefits, work-life balance, positive impact

Cons

very dependent upon project or group.

NAWC2016-03-30
  9. "NJ NAWC"

I worked at NAWC full-time

Pros

Govt benefits abound, nice being on decision making team and supporting our troops protect our freedom. Lots of govt holidays.

Cons

The percent of great people is not as high as could be because we keep our trash vice discard it

Advice to Management

Take care of your people and they will take care of you. Take the trash out and get rid of prickly people.

NAWC2016-03-30
  10. "Intern"

I worked at NAWC

Pros

- security clearance - flexible hours - compressed work schedule (9 hour days/every other friday off or 8 hour day) - ability to find what you are really interested in and work with that division

Cons

- security clearance is a hassle and I could not use base computers for a long time because of issues with getting mine reactivated - traffic into and out of work is ridiculous

Advice to Management

None. I'm just trying to use up space by typing more words here because Glassdoor is requiring me to have a minimum of twenty words for my response.

NAWC2015-12-12