NAWC "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

NAWC Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Oct 8, 2019

Found 70 reviews

3.4
Pros
  • "Lots of professional development opportunities; good benefits; variety of opportunities for work/research; good work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

• "Job security and opportunities for job rotations(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 3 reviews)

• "Also, upper management tends to work against the worker bee, while lower managements tends to go to bat for us(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "The Cake Is A Lie!"

I have been working at NAWC full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can have multiple careers all while staying in NAWC, and they even encourage exploration, learning other disciplines, and working in multi-functional groups.

Cons

They refuse to acknowledge what they lack and have a blind commitment to the past. Despite verbally encouraging progress their actions say that they do not value creative thinking and some managers seem to basically want you to shut up, keep your head down, and stay the course, even when presented with arguments that it will end in disaster. Mediocrity is expected, there is not work-life balance if you actually are good at what you do, and there is a culture of nepotism, misogyny, and racism that some of upper management are frantically trying to clean up, but it is so deeply entrenched that some locations loose the majority of their hires within the first 2 years.

NAWC2019-01-23
  2. "Great job security"

Current Employee - PCB Layout Designer in China Lake, CA

I have been working at NAWC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work we do here is cutting edge and satisfying since we're all working together for the betterment of our country (for the warfighter).

Cons

The bureaucratic nature here, and with most government jobs, causes many drawbacks. Also, upper management tends to work against the worker bee, while lower managements tends to go to bat for us.

Continue reading
    NAWC2014-03-10

"Little support from upper management."

Computer Scientist in Ridgecrest, CA

I worked at NAWC

Pros

There are good benefits like health care and government tenure. There was also comp time granted for travel and work time. Some really great people on the team who care about the work and the mission to support the warfighter.

Cons

I worked with some very wonderful individual contributors, who are smart, capable and worked very hard, we were a good team within the larger team. I was very sad to leave them, but management were not supportive. Upper management didn't ever have a good handle on who it was actually making things happen. They relied too much on reports from middle management who also didn't always know how things were being accomplished. Merit was not based on what was being accomplished, my NSPS rating was not based on my contribution, I assume it was not given any consideration, when I filed for reconsideration it was granted. The hiring process applied by Human Resources is odd, the interviewer was not allowed to interact with the candidate, just ask a pre-determined set of questions with no feedback. It made for a awkward interviews. Work distribution was not equitable, some people had very little to do while others were overloaded and could never catch up. I was so enthusiastic when I started, I was excited to see the program through BRAC and establish a strong cohesive team, but I was thwarted at every turn. There were people in unsuitable positions but there was never any buy-in to help get these people in positions that would be better for the team and themselves.

Continue reading