NBH Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 115 reviews

4.0
NBH Bank CEO Timothy Laney
Timothy Laney
Pros
  • "Relatively casual work environment for the industry(in 14 reviews)

• "I work with a great team and I stride for a positive work life balance with them, which is supported by the Company(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "NBH struggles with some of the same issues other midsized banks encounter(in 9 reviews)

• "High turnover in lending causes disruptions in work flow(in 8 reviews)

"NBH Bank Overview"

Current Employee - Management in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at NBH Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Love my job, great work life balance, flexible work schedules, some associates depending on job responsibility can work from home, my salary is within industry.

Cons

Need to bring back 401 K match per paycheck,bonus too small for the hard work performed regardless if exempt or non exempt, some officers can strive to be more professional and held accountable, vacation rollover for all associates at least one week. Salary increases not enough for the hard work performed.

Advice to Management

Treat your associates well, provide better benefits and competitive pay, better bonuses and salary increases and they will take care of your clients and should have less turnover.

NBH Bank2018-11-02
  2. "Great experience overall, definitely thankful for a good environment."

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Kansas City, MO

I worked at NBH Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's your first foot in the door to a competitive work experience.

Cons

Less than average on the Salary scale.

NBH Bank2019-04-27

"Horrible Culture to Associates"

I have been working at NBH Bank full-time

Pros

People other than Executive Officer Team

Cons

Low Pay, Very Cheap, Unethical Employment Practices, Outdated Technology, Womanizers

Advice to Management

Treat people better, throwing money at them is not an answer, you to attend emotional intelligence classes

NBH Bank2019-03-23
  4. "Full-time employee"

I have been working at NBH Bank full-time

Pros

Flexible, good banking benefits, friendly place to work

Cons

Not a lot of cohesiveness between some departments

NBH Bank2018-12-14
  5. "Nice Growing Bank"

I have been working at NBH Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Since NBH is new, there are many more opportunities to help shape the company. Management is generally receptive to changes and open to input. The company really does take the "Common Sense" approach it professes. Policies are in place, with some flexibility where warranted. There isn't a lot of unnecessary bureaucracy like larger public banks often have. The credit culture is conservative, but also flexible when needed...

Cons

Being a newer bank can be a double-edged sword. Many systems and policies are less sophisticated than other public banks. The loan workflow tool is sophisticated; however, user knowledge and training are limited. There have been some growing pains with some acquisitions. Staff at smaller banks they've acquired tend to have much weaker credit cultures and have struggled with the level of organization that NBH has. ...

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to integrate former acquisitions and new hires and maintain the credit culture. As the credit cycle could turn negative in the next year or two, now is a good time to emphasize greater organization and portfolio management, without sacrificing the "Common Sense" mantra.

NBH Bank2018-12-14

"More concerned with appearance than staff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at NBH Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

-Great people to work with -Good downtown location -Casual dress code -Some decent benefits and generous time off policy -Opportunities to advance for those interested

Cons

-Low pay in comparison with other banks in the area -Understaffed; people who quit are often not replaced leading to overworked staff and mistakes that no department wants to take the blame for (there's a lot of finger pointing between departments) -HIGH turnover, and not just with lower level staff. Upper management and execs constantly leave. That's not a sign of a healthy place to work. -Employees are never appreciated...

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about falsely boosting your Glassdoor rating and start treating your employees right...the positive reviews will naturally follow.

NBH Bank2018-12-18
  7. "Vice President - Senior Portfolio Manager"

I have been working at NBH Bank full-time

Pros

Strong company Great work environment Competent leadership in place

Cons

LOB's tend to compete rather than work together

NBH Bank2018-11-09

"Credit"

I have been working at NBH Bank full-time

Pros

The people; the people we work with on a daily basis truly help make the work environment. My current supervisor is amazing, she is extremely busy, but always makes time for questions. She is great to work for and a true asset to the company.

Cons

My previous supervisor made me question the company entirely. He did not provide any guidance to systems, and his way was always 'the way'. Thankfully there were people in the organization who wanted to help.

Advice to Management

People are truly an asset, coaching can go a long way as well as kindness. When you have an asset, let them know, otherwise you risk losing great potential.

NBH Bank2018-11-05

"Associate"

I have been working at NBH Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working at NBH has been fast pace and exciting due to the "start up" nature of acquiring failed banks. It has been rewarding to help build a successful company where each Associate feels empowered to speak up and to know that their voice will be heard. It is also a great place for women to work as I have not experienced any barriers due to sex discrimination.

Cons

Policy and Procedures change too quickly and more in a reactionary mode as opposed to proactive approach and it is hard to keep up with the rules de jour. I do not feel that salaries are properly right sized for market conditions for long time Associates. Because of this, NBH risks losing talented individuals due to higher market salaries elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Pay Associates market rates and make sure that salaries are fair between men and women in the same position.

NBH Bank2018-10-30

"N/A"

I have been working at NBH Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is appropriate for the position, great co-workers, and excellent work-life balance.

Cons

Some upper-management spends a lot of time pointing out errors in a passive aggressive manner, without acknowledging work done correctly.

Advice to Management

Make career paths/options and promotion opportunities known to employees, so that they do not think they are "stuck" in one position forever.

NBH Bank2018-10-30