NCC Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Adam Palser

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free fruit every day, free car parking and very professional offices right in the heart of the city centre (in 7 reviews)

• Small pockets of good management; i (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance can be challenging depending on the project (in 6 reviews)

• There are no downsides that I have experienced, with hard work you can achieve a lot within the Company and this is recognized (in 4 reviews)

1. "I am having a great time so far"

Current Employee - Associate Security Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Associate Security Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at NCC Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The diversity is really the best part of this job in my opinion. Every project will give you the opportunity to learn, play with, and break new technologies. After working here for a while you will definitely be qualified for pretty much any security related job out there.

Lots of extra perks like free meals and beer. Upper management listens and does there best to address employees' concerns.

Cons

Thursdays/Fridays can be rough trying to get a report finished and hours can be kind of crazy with 8AM meetings with clients in other time zones. Pay is not quite up to industry standards, but they make up for it with a fairly achievable bonus.

Advice to Management

Honestly just higher more people. It seems like everyone is stretched very thin with the number of responsibilities they are taking on.

Dec 15, 2017

It is great to hear about the many positive aspects of working at NCC Group – we are proud that we our employees develop within their career with us and also as part of their wider career goals. Our... More

2. "It could have been better"

I worked at NCC Group full-time

Pros

The people in the office were mostly fine.

Cons

Escrow is a thing that only happens when someone else needs it to.

3. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at NCC Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company Culture is really great. Laid back but get our work done, dress is casual, lots of work events and social atmosphere.

Cons

Technical knowledge a huge plus

Dec 15, 2017

We appreciate your feedback! Should you have anything else you’d like to share, whether positive or negative, just reach out to your friendly neighborhood HR Team! Thanks again!

"Good work but underpaid"

Current Employee - Security Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Security Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at NCC Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot of new things
    Smart coworkers

Cons

Long commutes to clients
    Sometimes bad work life balance on Thursdays (as reports go out on friday)
    Severely underpaid in the bay area.

Advice to Management

Pay consultants in high cost of living areas more money.

"No good direction for NCC Group going forward"

Former Employee - Security Consultant
    Former Employee - Security Consultant

I worked at NCC Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can have a passive interest in security and come from different backgrounds, and still get hired to do consulting work. Co-workers are the nicest & friendliest bunch you'll ever meet. There are free snacks & drinks.

Cons

Management, especially top management in the UK, do not care that senior-level and top talent are fleeing in greater numbers in the US. There is a lot of work load and junior consultants are not properly trained, therefore a lot of work is being left to senior consultants. I've personally been taken to a conference room and yelled at. I've witnessed discrimination of another employee whose outside recognitions aren't being considered. Pay and morale are low. As another review mentioned, there is an interim CEO, and given that this is a public company, any revenues are going to shareholders rather than to the hard-working consultants, which I guess is typical.

Advice to Management

Listen to your consultants when they voice concerns, and don't brush them off or ignore the issue. Hire regional management that cares for its employees.

"Great place to work as a consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Security Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Security Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at NCC Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Lots of training opportunities
    * Fast-paced
    * Lots of smart colleagues who love their jobs
    * Very positive, collaborative atmosphere - no backstabbing or excessive gossip
    * Openness to inexperienced people who are smart & capable of learning quickly
    * More equal gender balance than the cybersecurity industry as a whole (at least in the SF office)

Cons

No major cons.

Some of the pros can be a double edged sword -- the fast pace, constant learning, and being surrounded by incredibly smart people is rewarding, but it can also be intimidating or stressful for some people.

Jun 6, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. You are right and we are delighted to offer training opportunities to all our employees! Our passionate employees who love working at NCC Group are plentiful, which is... More

"Operations Need Attention"

I have been working at NCC Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great co-workers
    - Good work/life balance
    - Focus on learning and growth
    - Empowered to be creative in problem solving

Cons

- Lack of transparency
    - Ineffective management/lack of leadership
    - Needs improvement of internal operations
    - Reactive as opposed to proactive

Advice to Management

Be transparent about decisions and changes being made. Value your operations team and give them the resources to make the much needed process changes. Work on better integrating with the acquisitions and communicating on the progress. Promote individuals into leadership positions based on aptitude for management rather than on tenure.

Jun 27, 2017

Thank you for your candid feedback! We highly value your input, especially as you’ve been with the company for several years and have experienced a lot of our change and growth firsthand. While we... More

"NCC Group is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

NCC Group treats its employees extremely fairly. They work hard to provide a top tier work environment with extremely competitive pay and perks. The work is rewarding and interesting.

Cons

The work performed at NCC Group is top tier and not easy. It is extremely competitive. Besides the difficulty, the fact that you work with people from other cities, remotely, can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage collaboration across offices and within.

Jun 9, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We are proud that working at NCC Group is fair, challenging and rewarding - our talented employees drives our business forwards so we are pleased that work is never dull... More

"2nd Review"

I have been working at NCC Group full-time

Pros

Management and leadership is not strong so self-direction is possible with regard to setting your career direction. This is a good place for folks who don't need to be told what to do, how to do it or need a lot of affirmation. But...

Cons

...you won't be rewarded for it. The time for independent thinking is over: The culture has transitioned from smart folks being appreciated to getting ahead if you look, dress, talk, act the part, and know now to be obsequious. Speaking truth to power isn't acceptable anymore.

Top level folks are in serious denial. The rank and file are all sensitive to large number of staffers, especially long-timers and senior folks leaving in a short period of time. Unfortunately, unless root problems are addressed, the exodus will continue.

Morale is low for the company but enthusiasm regarding technical project work remains stable.

Pay is on the low-side so the hires in non-tech positions are not the cream of the crop; this means that work problem-solving experience and general business savvy is low.

Advice to Management

Take a good, hard look in the mirror. Fewer and fewer people believe it when you say that everything's fine and that things are under control. Also, they fired the CEO so there's an interim person in there.

"Great"

I worked at NCC Group full-time

Pros

Leaders in their field, good benefits

Cons

Driven by UK HQ, no autonomy in the Us.

Mar 3, 2017

Thank you for uploading your review! We are proud to be leaders, our colleagues and leadership teams work really hard to offer the best solutions for our clients. Organizationally, as we continue to... More