NCH Marketing Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4

"Great learning opportunity"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at NCH Marketing Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive, friendly analytics team that was always happy to help me if I had a problem or if I wanted to learn something new. The focus on employee development really helped me grow a lot while I was there (SAS and Tableau training). The team has access to a lot of data that clients found a lot of value in. Nice perks like flexible hours, work from home options and casual dress code help keep a nice work/life... balance.

Cons

Long commute in to the city if you take the metra

NCH Marketing Services2019-04-02

"Nothing more than a stepping stone"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I worked at NCH Marketing Services full-time

Pros

-Most of your colleagues are genuinely good people and makes for an easy, collaborative environment. -The benefits are well above expectations for a smaller company thanks to their parent company. -The atmosphere is casual, yet professional enough for personal growth and development for an entry-level position.

Cons

-In my opinion, executive leadership has an out-of-touch and outdated philosophy on organizational management. This includes how they handle their top talent. Their belief is that since they're unwilling to promote you, they'll challenge you with meaningless busywork so they have an opportunity to criticize your mistakes and make you feel as though you're being developed. -Raises are very slow and promotions are... even slower. Your first promotion doesn't mean much outside of a mediocre raise. It'll take a few years before you have a shot at moving up. -Micromanagement exists across the company, but the intensity varies immensely depending on the department. This has been a progressive problem. -Upper management has an infuriating habit of filtering and/or withholding information from you. It gets worse the more redundant a "project" or "initiative" is and the answer usually boils down to "so-and-so wants it this way". -Managers are quick to point fingers and throw you under the bus, even over the small stuff and one-off mistakes, instead of developing you. It's not uncommon to be verbally told to go in the wrong direction on a project and then chewed out in an email because you did what you were told. There's virtually no policing of the treatment and behavior. -Employee recognition is terrible. -Low employee morale. -Most of the tech you use for your job is far behind in the times. While perks like working from home is an option, it's a pretty lousy experience due to things such as constant connectivity issues. If you couple it with the fact you're further micromanaged and normally given more busywork for your WFH day, it almost isn't worth it.

Advice to Management

There is no point in bothering with this.

NCH Marketing Services2019-09-27
  3. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at NCH Marketing Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual Dress workplace, Work from home once a week, open door policy, friendly co-workers, lots of resources to further develop professionally. A really great place to get a lot of professional experience.

Cons

A lot of detail oriented work.

Advice to Management

Keep providing multiple resources that make transitioning into a new role easy and informational.

NCH Marketing Services2019-08-21

"Certain Departments better than others"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Deerfield, IL

I worked at NCH Marketing Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Small company, some departments are very decent, awesome vacation package, good benefits, can work from home

Cons

Raises and advancement were poor/slow. Hard to get ahead when your boss and their boss are best friends. Forced fun, micromanage-y in certain departments, to the point where all emails (all - even short ones) had to be proofed. Certain times the manager would say something was OK and then turn around and say it wasn't. Being blamed for the actions of other departments, expected to police other departments.

NCH Marketing Services2019-08-15
  5. "Great company"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator

I have been working at NCH Marketing Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work/life balance, casual, welcoming environment

Cons

I do not have any

Advice to Management

Everyone has been welcoming and great with training!

NCH Marketing Services2019-03-29

"Great culture w/ Friendly & Experienced Team..."

Current Employee - IT Developer in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at NCH Marketing Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Experienced management - Supportive Staff - Proven Business Model

Cons

- Location is a bit distant for those living within the city limits of Chicago

NCH Marketing Services2019-02-11

"Hot Mess"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Deerfield, IL

I worked at NCH Marketing Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

SAS training and fun company wide events.

Cons

If you love to be micromanaged this is the place for you!: Being told how to run your meetings especially what to say word for word, have ALL your emails proofread before hitting send, being reduced to tears because you came in 2 minutes late, having a manager that encourages team to snitch on each other yet be forced to go to lunch together! All great elements of a healthy working environment. These are just the... tip of the iceberg here!

Advice to Management

Why doesn’t leadership see that there are obvious red flags from this team? A revolving door of talent coming and going for a very small team. All the other departments see it except exec team. Stop letting lower management try to band aid the solution by letting an analyst go just to hire another. It’s not solving anything. There’s a deeper problem that obviously persists and it’s been going on for much too long.

NCH Marketing Services2019-02-08

"Great People"

I have been working at NCH Marketing Services full-time

Pros

The people here are great. The culture, work-life balance and small company feel are what makes me love NCH.

Cons

Owned by Harland Clarke Holdings. Average PTO and others benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep open communication with your employees.

NCH Marketing Services2018-09-05
  9. "Retail Specialist"

Current Employee - Retail Specialist in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at NCH Marketing Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Random company activities, opportunities to move up in the company, tuition reimbursement, nice people to work with

Cons

micro managed, favoritism, and if the qua's don't like you then you won't last too long.

NCH Marketing Services2018-06-01

"Manager"

I have been working at NCH Marketing Services full-time

Pros

The work life balance here is like no other company I've worked at. The flexibility to work from home and benefits are one of the key reasons why I stay. The office environment is great and it has a mix of very experienced people in the industry as well as hiring new fresh faces. The product and service itself is definitely the leader in the market place. Having full confidence in the actual work that is done... here is so key.

Cons

Not a whole lot of upward mobility opportunities after a certain point. But for me the flexibility and stability of this company at this point in my life outweigh this.

Advice to Management

Keep giving the opportunity to work from home.

NCH Marketing Services2018-05-11