NCH Outside Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Outside Sales Representative

NCH Outside Sales Representative Reviews

Updated Dec 31, 2016

3.7
NCH Chairman and President Irvin L. Levy (no image)
Irvin L. Levy
  1. "Territory sales rep"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Madison, WI

I worked at NCH full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great management team and company growth. Very good income potential

Cons

None everything was solid communication is great and training is on going.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work

NCH2015-08-12

"Sales agent"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in San Jose, CA

I worked at NCH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quality products. Well known as being the most expensive products out there with the quality being the same as everyone else.

Cons

Poor management. Poor customer support. They can't wait to terminate you so they can give your accounts to a senior agent.

Advice to Management

Get better managers

NCH2017-01-01
  3. "Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Safety Harbor, FL

I worked at NCH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Products that are needed in several industries. Not micromanaged.

Cons

No PTO for sales reps. Prices high at open rate

Advice to Management

Realize that all territories are different so don't compare one rep to another

NCH2015-06-26

"Well established company, been around for many years, stable. You could have a career here."

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at NCH full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked for Certified Labs, a NCH division. They provided extensive training, and support for me and the rest of the sales team. Management is really respectful, and do a pretty good job. Pay can be decent if you're willing to break your back everyday.

Cons

NCH's umbrella of companies creates a conflicting battle for business which is absolutely pointless! Literally the same exact products with different labels, and multiple reps in the same area. This is such a pain to deal with. Expense compensation is TERRIBLE. With all of the gifts they want you to buy clients and potential clients, and the gas and car damage from driving everywhere, the $200 a month is an absolute joke. Also, the industry in which you'll be working is dirty. Be prepared to work this job from the moment you wake up, until you go to bed at night. Organizing all of your leads, clients, etc etc, while processing orders (yep, you have to do that too), when you get home from work, you'll spend 3 hours on the computer and then your day is completely gone.

Advice to Management

This company makes an extreme amount of money each year. Show some love to your reps in the field who drive their own vehicles almost 50,000 miles a year. Find a more efficient way for reps to enter orders. iPads would make sense. Boom, you place the order right there! Listen up management!

NCH2014-04-14

"Highly Micromanaged"

Outside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at NCH

Pros

Sales training program in St Louis did a good job of teaching someone how to deal with any conceivable objection.

Cons

Chemsearch had me prospecting over 90% of time. Their sales training program wanted us to utilize a whole host of "novelties" (GIVEAWAY GIFTS) during our initial warmup before sales pitch. As an example, secretary/"gatekeepers' would be given hand lotion, most male prospects would be given a pliers plus multitool or fishing filet knife during warmup. My boss wanted me to make "70 dials" every Monday to get appointments with buyers! He would call me different times to know how many 'dials I had made thus far along with how appointments I had made. Then he would ride with me every week in field and break down every sales call to what I did right and wrong. Ultimately, I could not take the boss constantly calling me at home along with micromanaging sales calls so I happily RESIGNED ! Ironically enough, the day I resigned, I recieved a company memo showing, I was top dog for number of new accounts.

Advice to Management

If I am getting the new accounts for your company.....then leave me alone !!! Let me adopt my own sales approach which worked ! If your own trainers boast in class that 60-70% of new hires in class wont be here one year from now, then you have a problem !!! I wrote this review after seeing Chemsearch running employment ads again for each of 2 major cities in my state.

NCH2012-02-26