NCH Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Irvin L. Levy

Pros
  • Good benefits with plenty of opportunity to excel (in 7 reviews)

• Cort makes every attempt to make the climate fun and family oriented through the NCH Fun Squad (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Really low pay, calling the same dead accounts month after month (in 6 reviews)

• company tends to be pretty old school and stuck in there ways (in 5 reviews)

"Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Good R&D and lab assistance for projects

Cons

Too much of a sales admin department, not enough real marketing

Advice to Management

Continue making good products, just review the pricing metrics.

"If the management can get it together, they can actually make the company a fun place to work"

Pros

Company is flexible with work schedule

Cons

There is not much room to grow in the company.

"I have mostly enjoyed working here but very few people make "good" money."

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

Pros

flexible job where you are your own boss. Ability to grow business with some help from company. If you get lucky and receive some accounts you can do well. Once established the job really can be fun where you are seeing people you know and like and selling them products they like using.

Cons

No established accounts to begin with or if you receive them they are not good accounts. Antiquated sales support. They still have panelling at corporate! Very expensive product. If your customers do not really like you good luck.

Advice to Management

Help new employees to stay with the company with a longer base and some new accounts. The ramp up is a killer.

"Overall it is a good company. Just as most businesses, there is always room for improvement."

Pros

Company's benefits appear to be in-line with other companies. Company recently instituted an on-line performance measurement system to measure one's performance which is a step forward.

Cons

Company's computer systems, software and applications could afford to be refreshed and would bring them in-line with other businesses and corporations.

Advice to Management

Management should seriously consider updating the computer systems, software and applications as it will be an opportunity to improve employee morale.

"Great most of the time."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Pros

NCH as a company is great! The people are some of the best I have worked with.

Cons

Management does not know what they are doing. They will lie on your review if they do not like you.
    They believe in deliverables only, they do not care about quality. It was not always this way.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect. Be honorable, if you do not like them, do not lie on them. Quality code is important, because that is less support you will have to do. Do not worry about checking off your list only.

"Highly Micromanaged"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Sales training program in St Louis did a good job of teaching someone how to deal with any conceivable objection.

Cons

Chemsearch had me prospecting over 90% of time. Their sales training program wanted us to utilize a whole host of "novelties" (GIVEAWAY GIFTS) during our initial warmup before sales pitch. As an example, secretary/"gatekeepers' would be given hand lotion, most male prospects would be given a pliers plus multitool or fishing filet knife during warmup.
    My boss wanted me to make "70 dials" every Monday to get appointments with buyers! He would call me different times to know how many 'dials I had made thus far along with how appointments I had made. Then he would ride with me every week in field and break down every sales call to what I did right and wrong. Ultimately, I could not take the boss constantly calling me at home along with micromanaging sales calls so I happily RESIGNED ! Ironically enough, the day I resigned, I recieved a company memo showing, I was top dog for number of new accounts.

Advice to Management

If I am getting the new accounts for your company.....then leave me alone !!! Let me adopt my own sales approach which worked ! If your own trainers boast in class that 60-70% of new hires in class wont be here one year from now, then you have a problem !!! I wrote this review after seeing Chemsearch running employment ads again for each of 2 major cities in my state.

"Interesting but limited"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Small corporation giving room to grow; smaller teams make it easier to shine and get work done; they provide free drinks (soda and coffee)

Cons

The brand is not well known when deciding to move on to another company; there is a lack of diversity in the corporation;

Advice to Management

I would advice management to provide the employees with better salaries and try to increase the employee diversity to be more more diverse

"Its a job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Irving, TX

Pros

Professional atmospher
    Time off is fair and flexable
    Management style

Cons

Low salary
    No room for advancement

Advice to Management

Equally distribute accounts among tenure and new reps

"Old company being changed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bilston, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bilston, England (UK)

Pros

Lots of new things happening
    Good communication with managers
    Okay office, good respect for personal issues

Cons

Lack of annual pay rises!

Advice to Management

There's good ideas for the future, but this needs to be pushed throughout the company--some people do not support well.

"Company that does not reward hard working employees"

Pros

Company is well diversified and is profitable

Cons

Old company with old style management values

Advice to Management

Financial Leaders do not properly recognize hard working employees