NCH Reviews | Glassdoor

NCH Reviews

Updated August 16, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits with plenty of opportunity to excel (in 8 reviews)

• Steady employment, with a lot of good people who work for the company (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • very little career development, low pay (in 7 reviews)

• company tends to be pretty old school and stuck in there ways (in 5 reviews)

"Worst Company I worked with"

I worked at NCH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Got called a Racial Slur reported it and I get in trouble for reporting it I don't need to work for a company like this

"NCH - X-Chem - Terra Services"

Former Employee - A Vice President in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - A Vice President in Irving, TX

I worked at NCH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NCH is a privately held company that allows a very small leadership team a lot of freedom to made decisions.

Cons

The X-Chem - Terra CEO developed a culture of lies and unprofessional behavior that promoted unethical actions by senior managers with no accountability for the unethical activities that the CEO knew were in place. The CEO has a history of lying to senior leaders to get follow his path then blaming his failures on others to protect himself. The CEO even blamed his failures on the former COO when the COO simply followed CEO direction.

Advice to Management

NCH Management should investigate the CEO and his senior leadership team (past and present) to get the truth so they can realize how unethical and unprofessional an organization they are running. The CEO has poorly managed the organization so badly that at least $30M in capital investment has no possible return on investment and you continue to throw good money after bad chasing a failed project that is being driven my an egocentric technology expert and a CEO that has no business skills relating to major engineering and technology development.

"Terrible."

Former Employee - Receiving Supervisor in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Receiving Supervisor in Irving, TX

I worked at NCH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None really.... We were off on weekends? That's about it. There was never really anything good going on there.

Cons

I was a receiving supervisor at the Irving plant. I was terminated with no cause. I was trained for two days and thrown out in my own. My team wasn't allowed to work overtime but everyone else did, putting us constantly behind. When I filed for unemployment they lied and am said I had been written up multiple times with no proof. Because I never had a reprimand. They told the unemployment office I wasn't qualified to do my job... I was there 13 months. Worst company ever.

Advice to Management

You should all be let go.

"Do not work in IT! Business folks are cool. Nothing ground breaking happening. Clock watchers stuck in The dark agaes!"

Former Employee - Global Implementation Team Lead for ERP Systems in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Global Implementation Team Lead for ERP Systems in Irving, TX

I worked at NCH (More than 8 years)

Pros

Steady and frugle, yes that is the only pro.

Cons

Technology, lack of budget, poor management, unqualified directors with egos who take every opportunity to fail to lead, inspire or communicate effectively with their teams.

Advice to Management

Be flexible, allow work from home, quit watching clocks, respect your employees. Get some some management training for those IT managers

"Great products, poor customer service and management."

Former Employee - Sales Representative - Certified Labs
    Former Employee - Sales Representative - Certified Labs

I worked at NCH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best products on the market.
    Excellent training to make you successful.
    It's an easy sell if you follow their training.
    If you stick it out, 3 plus years you can make good money.
    Great reward trip if you make your goals.

Cons

Products two to three times as expensive as the competition.
    Company has a bad reputation for poor customer service.
    They only pay $300 a month to cover your expenses, which doesn't even cover gas.
    They didn't believe in taking time off ask to work Christmas Eve, day after Thanksgiving, etc.
    I could go on and on, if $50k a year is a lot of money to you it's a great job. If not, stay away.

Advice to Management

Return customers are cheaper and more profitable than constantly finding new ones. Focus on building relationships instead of constantly focusing on the quick sale.

"Good company, but"

I worked at NCH full-time

Pros

Friendly co-workers, I worked in IT only..do not know about other departments. but overall NCH employees feel like a family..culture is very friendly

Cons

IT managers attitude is so cheap.. I would not recommend..

Advice to Management

Proper training will help

"Worst Company I Have Worked For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Colony, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Colony, TX

I have been working at NCH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My only positive comment about this place was that the cubicles were big and not shared so you had a little bit of privacy. The best part of the day was walking out of the door at 5:00 pm.

Cons

Stagnate business with very little growth. No training, no set expectations, and no guidance led to not knowing how to do your job and then reprimands for not doing your job correctly. It was a constant cycle of asking for training, not getting the appropriate training, and then being told you aren't doing your job correctly. There is no team work as no one is willing to help you out. The consensus tends to be "that's not my job". Very old school in management style. Likes to utilize a skeleton crew so you will be overworked and underpaid. Outdated equipment and supplies makes it extremely difficult to do your job. Forget about working from home! It takes an act of God to get the appropriate permissions and equipment needed to work from home.

Advice to Management

I have no confidence in management whatsoever. I went to several managers with concerns and questions which they were completely dismissive about.

"Past Employee in IT Department"

Former Employee - Technical Service Specialist in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Service Specialist in Irving, TX

I worked at NCH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people and the culture are very nice and easy to get along with. Lower Stress environment compared to most other companies. Depending on your manager, hopefully you won't be positioned anywhere in IT and then it can be a decent place to work.

Cons

Extremely low pay compared to other companies for the exact same position. $15-20K less than normal average for technical positions, with little chance for any kind of decent pay increase.
    Horribly blind upper mngmt and owners. They do not see how much good talent is escorted out of the building by the HR department hatchet.
    The good people that are demanding increases to normal pay scale levels are quietly removed from employment while the lazier, less qualified and less expensive employees are maintained.
    Corporate Headquarters building is antiquated as is most equipment required to do your job.

Advice to Management

Fire all of the existing HR department employees and start over again with people who are honest, fair and won't fire people for trumped up reasons just to make the numbers look better. It is really sad that such a fun, friendly and talented group of employees are held back and under paid because it could be an excellent place to work with the family culture. If the owners knew what went on right under their nose they would have to remove almost all of HR as well as 2 or 3 other teams.

"Sales, Account Manager"

Pros

Large, privately held company. The division I worked for had a small company feel. Gave me the opportunity to be more deeply involved with decision-making, etc.

Cons

When the going gets tough, they just let people instead of fixing the real root of the problem which, in my experience, lies with production and the inability to control costs. Over the past 4 years, layoffs occurred about every 6 months, in an effort to save money that could be applied to the bottom line.

Advice to Management

Dig deeper into the root of the problem and fix that rather than continually letting good hard-working employees go to cut your costs.

"TWILIGHT ZONE - FRIDAY THE 13TH IS EVERYDAY!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Clerk in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Clerk in Irving, TX

Pros

Apply at your own risk.

Cons

Prehistoric processes. Absolutely no innovation. Management operates like it's 1919 - no vision. Absolutely no work life balance. Reprimanded for being 1 and 2 minutes late. Absolutely no opportunity for growth. Worst working environment ever - morale doesn't exist here.

Advice to Management

Need immediate development and updates to staff. Insecure. Deathly afraid of progress. Non forward thinkers should not be in position of leadership.