NCO Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

NCO Financial Reviews

Updated April 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management did not have effective communication with middle management (in 11 reviews)

• Terrible pay, little room for advancement (in 6 reviews)

"Never enough"

Former Employee - Debt Collector in Getzville, NY
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in Getzville, NY

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No pros to job. Does offer benefits and pto. Wish I had more pros to put but dont

Cons

Company micro manages and rules change daily. They have favorites and management don't back you.company has gone down hill since taking over by Egs. Turn over rate is ridiculous. They let you know you are easily replaced.they give positions and don't train properly don't give you tools to do job.supervisors and upper management don't care about employees. Don't give this company your time!!!! HR dept is a joke complaints are not handled right

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees like they can be replaced daily..cut back on micro managing. If employee does everything's you ask treat them right

"It's just a job."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockford, IL

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was acceptable and plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Upper management only cares about their favorites and will never have your back. Supervisors and managers tend to fire at will.

Advice to Management

Be a friend to your employees.

3. "Doesn't exactly follow what was offered by the HR department."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are ok for someone doing basic phone work. If the department heads like you, they will let you get away with practical murder.

Cons

Not as flexible as advertised with regard to most college students. The HR department gave one schedule that worked well with my class days and hours. When it came time to the actual position, that was not the exact case. When it came time to move departments due to an end of year consilidating departments, they would not listen to my request to go to a department that offered part time hours. Needless to say because of that, I left the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees request, and put them somewhere they may choose to be at. Also, screen employees a little bit better before hiring them...

5. "Not so bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Bonus potential, no micromanaging of employees

Cons

Constant turnover rate and seemingly neverending layoffs

Advice to Management

There should be more incentives to achieve besides fear of no job security

"The worse company I ever worked for."

Former Employee - Collection Agent in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Collection Agent in Mobile, AL

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Their was some good people working their when I started working their in 2001,but the peoples in charge was bad I mean really bad.

Cons

The company offer PTO, but the manager tried to tell you when you can use, saying you can use your time on days you ask for off,and they wanted to put new employee at your desk to train,

Advice to Management

JUST BAD BAD BAD,THEY PUT PEOPLES IN CHARGE JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE WORK THEY AND LET THEM USE THEM TO MISTREAT OTHER ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS COMPANY IS BAD.

7. "A little below fair"

Current Employee - Collections Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Collections Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company offers medical benefits and paid time off after a few months of employment

Cons

Terrible pay, little room for advancement

Advice to Management

Need more pay please

8. "Good experience at call center"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Charleston, SC

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the work environment, the staff there were really nice. The work hours were great for me, my supervisor was awesome.

Cons

The things that I had a problem with was that I couldn't transfer to the office closet to where I moved to, and the pay wasn't what it should have been for a call center.

Advice to Management

Increase the starting salary for their call center employees. Provide a shuttle bus for employees working late that do not drive, more employees won't mind staying late if they know they can get home.

9. "Great experience, every step in my career is a learning experience"

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is wonderful opportunity, working at home, Working at home help work on your time management,

Cons

working with NCO lacks the structure of raises.

Advice to Management

consistent raise structure.

"EGS taking NCO to the GRAVE"

Current Employee - Collection Representative in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Collection Representative in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ok supervisors and coworkers...other than that nothing.

Cons

I've watched this company go down hill ever since EGS took over. The constant changes, high turn over rate, and micro-managing is more that anyone can bare. It's absolutely ridiculous!!! It's bad enough you have to deal with constant disrespect from the debtors, you have even more stress to add to your daily work schedule...getting written up for NOT hitting your goal, NOT getting a high score on your monitoring, NOT hitting your dialer time, NOT being within wrap up time goal, getting a complaint and so on. Everyday you walk in, you are being threaten with your job, not to mention walking on egg shells because you never know when you are going to get fired. Tedious work schedule....sitting at a desk 8 hours a day leaving messages, listening to hangs up, debtors yelling and screaming in your ear, or worse listening to them rant on about their personal lives and their "excuses" why they do not owe the bill or can not pay....if I wanted to be a psychiatrist, I would have went to school for it. Within the TWO years I have been employed there, they have taken our incentives away and a couple of good clients has left with no replacement, no raises, yet they keep hiring new employees who end up leaving within two months....no bonus increase....nothing positive...everything is always negative, however, management expects us to come in with all smiles and positivity. YAY!! Umm, No.

Advice to Management

EGS has taken over and does not care about their employees, the ones who ACTUALLY make the money for the company and get little or no reward behind it. Shame on you! You need to take pride in your employees and SHOW you care. Bring the incentives back, increase the bonus payout, how about reinvesting in your current employees and give raises instead of wasting money and time hiring new employees who are only going to quit within two months. What about the long term employees????

11. "If you like being micro-managed, this is the place for you!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There really aren't any pro's besides that if you're a good worker, you aren't micro-managed as much. As long as you show up on time and don't call off often and put forth a little effort, there is job security.

Cons

Rampant favoritism, discrimination and harassment is swept under the rug, staff is treated like children, short lunch, management rewards good workers with extra work for no additional pay, no where to move up within the company, management makes it clear that you're expendable

Advice to Management

Allow employees the option of an hour lunch or allow employees to finish meals at their desk. It's not fair to expect employees to choke down their lunch in less than 30 minutes. Start doing yearly evaluations and give raises accordingly.