NCSA Next College Student Athlete Reviews

Updated May 10, 2021

3.9
NCSA Next College Student Athlete President and COO Lisa Strasman
Lisa Strasman
Pros
  • "Can work from home if you consistently hit numbers(in 55 reviews)

• "It was very rewarding to help Student/Athletes and families prepare for a very exciting time in their lives(in 39 reviews)

• Cons
  • "work/life balance can be a grind(in 50 reviews)

• "When I took my job as a 'Head Scout' at this company I could not have been more excited(in 22 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Best company I've ever worked for

Jul 31, 2020 - Recruiting Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

amazing culture, solution, corporate social responsibility, interview process and onboarding. 100% of each and every employee I've interacted with and/or have seen in action is smart, has high integrity and expertise.

Cons

absolutely none. unbelievable and unprecedented. fabulous,

2 people found this review helpful

EVP of Recruiting

Wow, thank you for painting such a great (and in my opinion spot-on) picture of NCSA’s working environment! I’m so happy to have you as part of the NCSA team as we continue to grow and improve

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

May 4, 2021 - Head Recruiting Coach
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent Work Environment - Even working remote -Support from management -Having a voice in the company -Awesome Team Chemistry -Ability to compete with metrics -Work Life Balance -Content of work

Cons

-Some of the company goals are unattainable -Very limited opportunity for promotion in the operations department. -Pay: Although I think we were compensated well for our work, I would have loved to have more and different opportunities to earn more money. Quarterly bonuses were small and the uncapped referrals were hard to manage.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Was pretty good until purchased by VC

Mar 13, 2021 - Recruiting Specialist in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home and take your work with you on the road. Talk sports. Met some great people. Pay can be great. Chicago is great. RMS is a great product for the right athlete.

Cons

Didn’t take care of their best people, unless you were willing to be a kiss-ass or are a part of their buddy system in order to get good leads....this was always a double standard they had. A few good managers, but mostly all were arrogant AND ignorant. Encouraged to not always be truthful.... say what you need to say to get the sale.

2 people found this review helpful

EVP of Recruiting

First, thank you for the several years of work that you provided to NCSA; it sounds like you were able to meet a lot of great people and make a tremendous impact on the lives of student athletes. I appreciate you sharing your experience interacting with our leadership team, and while I disagree with many of these claims, I value your perspective. Critical feedback like this helps makes us better and stronger as a team. We wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

IT Support Position

Feb 4, 2021 - Systems Support Specialist in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership - Manager is understanding, helpful and interested in seeing growth from employees. Always willing to help out and educate with lower-level issues while trying motivate employees to take on more responsibility and increase their knowledge base Access to tools - IT Team constantly wants its team members to improve their skills. It gives access to an impressive amount of training courses and lots of documentation for solving problems. Respect - Across the company, the users are polite and respectful of the IT team's time and efforts. Work Life Balance - Almost no work is take-home or afterhours in this role, management is very understanding of needing to take time for mental health, doctor visits, sickness with unlimited PTO. Compensation - Offers market value for this position and a yearly bonus that is earned by hitting certain goals that you create at the beginning of each year. Additionally, you can be recognized throughout the year for great work and receive monetary rewards. Remote first - Since the COVID-19 outbreak, the company has become remote first, meaning that they try to emphasize work from home whenever possible. The team created a wonderful environment for us to communicate with users and solve issues from this remote setting.

Cons

Communication with other departments could be more proactive on both sides, allowing IT to catch underlying issues before they begin to build up negatively.

Chief Technology Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for such an accurate review of NCSA as a whole. I’m happy to hear that you feel supported by your management and respected by your peers – but frankly I wouldn’t expect any less given how incredible our team is. You probably know that we have some great things in the works to help improve our communication, security and processes overall, so stay tuned for more and as always, I welcome you to share any feedback or ideas you have with myself or your manager.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good start if you’re looking for first ever job

May 10, 2021 - Recruiting Coordinator in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

You meet people in your hiring class. Teaches you to have a work ethic if it is your first job out of college. They will pay for your gym membership.

Cons

Micromanaging is a major con to start. The pay structure is confusing even so that the managers and trainers did not know how to fully and clearly explain it.the expectations are unbearable and you burn out easily.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Senior Recruiting Coach

Apr 28, 2021 - Senior Recruiting Coach
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

Working past 5pm and but you’re told about evening hours.

7. 4.0

Great Company With a Great Mission

Mar 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly coworkers that are always willing to help if you ask, hard work is typically recognized and rewarded, managers are genuinely interested in helping you achieve your goals as long as you make them aware of those goals. Also, NCSA is completely committed to helping kids as they make life changing decisions, which can be fulfilling for many employees.

Cons

Career advancement and career path opportunities aren't the most clear, but the company has actively worked towards changing that and they occasionally address what they're doing about it.

VP of Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to post this review – we know that our people, both teammates and managers, are really what make NCSA special, and every day is driven by our mission to help young athletes find their best college opportunity. We appreciate your feedback on career paths, and look forward to sharing more developments and opportunities as they become available in 2021.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good start to sports career

Apr 18, 2021 - Recruiting Coordinator in South Bend, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and mission

Cons

Definitely slightly underpaid for workload

VP of Recruiting Managers

Thank you for your review and for all the work you do helping families every day!

9. 4.0

Cares about their Employees

Apr 5, 2021 - Member Support Lead in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote availability Cares about Employees and well being Training that is applicable to more than just job

Cons

Clients can be harsh at times

EVP of Customer Success

Thank you for sharing this review and I couldn’t agree with you more, our teammates always remain top of mind! I recognize that a lot of times in your role you can be met with challenging situations and I appreciate all the work you and the rest of our Member Support team does to navigate through those tough situations and turn the experience around for our clients.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Apr 7, 2021 - Recruiting Coordinator in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible schedule, good base, commission

Cons

office based if not working from home

VP of Recruiting Managers

We appreciate you taking the time to review NCSA and wish you the best of luck in your new career.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 397 Reviews