NCSA Next College Student Athlete Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
NCSA Next College Student Athlete President and COO Lisa Strasman
Lisa Strasman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Getting to work from home right away is also a big plus" (in 32 reviews)

• "Helping hook student athletes up with college programs feels like something important" (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • "Skewed view of work life balance" (in 36 reviews)

• "seeing upper management around the office feels like seeing that ex girlfriend who hates you" (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing mission and a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The mission in helping student athletes go on to continue their educational and athletic career at the collegiate level is second to none. The people and teammates are exceptional. I've been part of this team for 5+ years, I have a tremendous amount of pride being part of this organization. Leadership is very receptive to feedback from the team, and there are countless opportunities to build and refine your professional skillset.

Cons

There are no cons for me at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep an open door policy on feedback from teammates, it's been extremely beneficial for maintaining a positive culture and cooperative work environment.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete Response

Jul 11, 2018 – President

Your comments ring so true for me and is exactly why I’ve stayed at NCSA for over 10 years as well! As you already stated, my door is always open.

"Great Team, Great People, Great Environment"

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NCSA offers a culture like one that I have not been part of in my professional career. There is a genuine team philosophy where everyone does work towards a common goal. It is not uncommon for someone to help another team member outside of their normal responsibilities.

NCSA is an environment that is going to challenge you. Whether it be to make another dial for sales; push to make something good, great; or to make a mistake and learn from it.

The company has continued to improve and succeed year over year while I was there and doesn't show any signs of slowing down.

Cons

If you are looking to drive in to the city, parking options are limited. Plan to use public transportation.

"Good Company, seems to really care"

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time

Pros

Good company seems to really care about it employees. Good job for kids just out of school.

Cons

Remote employees have to provide their own computer and internet access. Have to work after regular hours to succeed.

"NCSA --High Quality Place of Work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The product and service is genuine and valuable. We genuinely care about our ability to make a difference in the lives of our clients. The leadership is compassionate and efforts to make this a great place to work. Every employee has an opportunity to succeed and be rewarded. Having worked in many different cultures, I can say that NCSA is truly high caliber. I have referred five job candidates in the last 3 years.

Cons

No company is perfect and there are always ways to improve. But, the pros far outweight the cons and anyone who puts in their best will be rewarded.

Advice to Management

Keep pressing on your core values, reinvest in your high performers and continue to listen to employees to constantly improve and grow.

"Current Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

-Talking sports
    -Working with like minded individuals
    -Impact on student athletes and families
    -Flexibility in day to day
    -Above average benefits and PTO plans

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Continue taking advice from those who are in the role on a daily basis. With how the company has grown and evolved over the years the adjustments should come from ones who have the biggest impact and most relevant perspective.

"Next College Student Athlete- the place to be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Next College Student Athlete has been a blessing! As a former D1 Athlete I wish a recruiting coordinator would have reached out to my family to see how they could help. Our team mates are extremely like-minded- and all get behind the mission to empower future leaders through sports.

Cons

With so many talented and driven employees the competition is fierce for advancement- slackers need not apply. Just need to be ready to commit and compete

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people- it is awesome that you actually care what your employees think & it's great you are always trying to make changes to better the company for your employees and future student athletes

"Amazing Place To Work And Grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work! It's a sports company and it's all about "team". Lots of collaboration within and across departments and tons of opportunities for career development and personal growth. Also, tons of employee recognition. It's nice to work hard and have it noticed by Executives, that goes a long way.

Cons

I don't have any negatives at this point

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and I'll be there a very long time!

"Recruiting Specialist"

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time

Pros

Working from home, chance to make good money. Talk about sports and impact the lives of student athletes! Not very micromanaged.

Cons

Work life balance, work 6-7 days a week, evening and every weekend. NCSA claims it is more flexible than it actually is . Takes a little bit before you start earning decent money (but they tell you that upfront).

Advice to Management

Switch to 5 day work weeks at least once or twice a month.

"Recruiting Coach"

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time

Pros

Talk football and recruiting all day while helping student-athletes. Flexible work schedule. Remote opportunities. Great team of co-workers.

Cons

Salary could be higher based on years of experience and market value.

"Recruiting Specialist"

Former Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome environment. Management allows the opportunity for you to cultivate a personal relationship with them. Work from home. Great training and on going training throughout employment.

Cons

Not a level playing field when it comes to how they distribute meetings. While I'm totally fine with feeding the hot hand, it's difficult to get hot if the families you get are flat broke.

The base salary is pretty low but commission structure is fair. If you have a badd month, be prepared to tap into savings as the base salary isn't competitive. Hours are evening + nights and weekends. Work life balance is difficult as you work when others don't and vice versa.

Advice to Management

Job well done. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with NCSA. The hours were a little difficult to adjust to but this wasn't a surprise. Keep investing in your people the way that you do with training and getting to know them on a personal level. It makes working from home that much better!