NCSA Next College Student Athlete Reviews

Updated May 5, 2020

3.8
NCSA Next College Student Athlete President and COO Lisa Strasman
Lisa Strasman
Pros
  • "Can work from home if you consistently hit numbers(in 53 reviews)

• "It was very rewarding to help Student/Athletes and families prepare for a very exciting time in their lives(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • "I believe the work/life balance has improved since my time(in 47 reviews)

• "When I took my job as a 'Head Scout' at this company I could not have been more excited(in 22 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Changes always for the better!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiting Coordinator & Mentor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Lots of flexibility on hours if you get your job done have tenure. -Laid back dress code, jeans are allowed on a daily basis. -Good amount of free food. -Can work from home if you consistently hit numbers. -Changes are made for the better based on employee feedback -Always good people working here that are like minded with former sports backgrounds. -The pay is good and gets better every year, takes time to work your way up commission scales and to hit your stride but once you do, you make more year over year. -Product is unmatched for recruiting services. -Really strong leadership at the top that makes changes for the better and lead by example. -Everyone received raises this year and some even bigger ones based on performance. -Always tons of resources to utilize to get more skilled and better at the RC role. -Culture legitimately feels like a winning locker room and there is little to no negativity which provides a winning team! -The competitive environment in the sales department creates a great atmosphere on a daily basis.

Cons

-Not a downside for me personally, but new people the learning curve is different for everyone, some people take off instantly, some it takes a little longer to hit their stride. -The phone system has issues a decent amount, not extended periods of time but just have to be patient sometimes. -Other than the few things I mentioned above it is a incredible place to work if you are a hard worker and listen to coaching the rest takes care of itself.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2019-12-26

January 7, 2020VP of Recruiting Managers

Thanks for sharing your feedback about our sales team and the inside sales role with potential future teammates. So glad to have you as part of our locker room.

"Supportive and helpful Staff!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiting Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was a Recruiting Coordinator at NCSA for just under 2 years. During my time at the company, I was very happy with the work environment, management and culture. Although I had a great experience, in reality the coordinator position is not typically a lifelong career. This being said, after two years I had found another great opportunity in sales that I felt would help me take a positive step forward in my career. During this transition, I had nothing but support from my manager and higher level leadership at the company. They helped make my transition seamless, and wanted what was best for me and my future career path. It was great to have a relationship with them that warranted support and transparency. Like many others I was impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic and found myself out of work before my new job began. I was extremely grateful that my direct manager and the VP of recruiting were kind enough to allow me to come back to NCSA given the circumstances. It really speaks on their character and the respect that they have for their employees! I highly recommend working for NCSA.

Cons

No cons to share at this time.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2020-04-24

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Amazing people and understanding managers - Clearly defined goals - Making a real difference in peoples lives - Talk about sports all day long - Good commission scale and opportunities for bonuses - Ability to work from home

Cons

- Sales can be monotonous if you are not self-motivated but it beats the heck out of any other sales job that requires you to be on the phone most of the day by a longshot

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2020-04-22
  4. "Not what they say"

2.0

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time

Pros

Help student athletes get their goals and good benefits

Cons

MICROMANAGEMENT and the expectations are different from hire to on the job.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2020-05-05
  5. "Good"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good first job out of college.

Cons

No real skill needed here. A lot of outbound calls. Not for you if youre looking to be involved in projects, etc.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2020-04-09

"Energetic and Self motivated"

4.0
    Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach

Pros

Working from home, being able to make my own calendar, flexibility, mobile

Cons

Turning into something I w as snt hired to do.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2020-03-15

"Great Company with Fantastic Staff"

Current Employee - Member Support Lead in Chicago, IL

Pros

I have never worked at a company that has better support to it's employees. I have the ability to work from anywhere in the world as long as the work gets done, and they have the resources that i can work a phone based job with just an internet connection, computer, and headset. We offer the ability to volunteer on company time We believe in community and teamwork above all This is the first company that truly follows their core values

Cons

The job is stressful, but it's what i signed up for The only other bad thing i can think about is that because of everyone's desire to help a quick question often can turn into a full education. I've used the information most times, in the long run, but i was only looking for yes or no

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2020-02-18

February 25, 2020EVP of Customer Success

Thank you for taking the time to review NCSA. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us and visitors to our Glassdoor page. We’re glad to call you a teammate.

"Great People & Office Environment"

4.0
    Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great and the culture at the Chicago Office was great. Great sense of teamwork, and support from upper management to help you succeed. I was always happy with my managers. Dress code is casual which I liked. Relaxed office setting. Overall its a great company, especially if your looking for an entry sales job.

Cons

Not a ton of opportunity for continued growth within the company and really just the salary was pretty rough but honestly that's it.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2020-02-19

February 28, 2020VP of Recruiting Managers

Thanks for taking the time to review NCSA. We appreciate your feedback. While I’m not sure when you left the company, I just want to highlight that we did increase the Recruiting Coordinator salary and adjust the overall compensation plan for those teammates late last year – all of which has been met with positive feedback. We hope you’re enjoying your new position and wish you the best of luck!

"Starter Job and Nothing More"

2.0
    Former Employee - Member Support Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- NCSA has a tendency to hire very fun and hardworking people - Opportunity to work within the Sporting world - Ability to pay for monthly gym fees

Cons

- Little opportunity for advancement - Dealing with escalated clients with little to no company support or training - Major disconnects between sales and operations departments - Pay is less than desired/deserved - Management Goals are unrealistic given tools and staffing levels for this department

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2020-03-01

March 11, 2020EVP of Customer Success

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We feel very strongly in providing support for the professional growth of our teammates. In the last two years, we have invested heavily in our internal training programs, and continue to expand and improve those programs. We have also promoted over 140 teammates to new roles within the company within the last year alone. Lastly, I agree that our best ideas often come from those closest to our customers and will remain committed to listening, learning, and implementing feedback from our teammates.

"Consistency in Poor Work Quality"

1.0
    Current Employee - Member Support Coordinator in Chicago, IL

Pros

Very consistent role at NCSA, basic responsibilities are clear, ability to work remotely

Cons

Work on weekends (twice per month), Anti social coworkers, poor management, major tech support issues weekly, pay scale for this role hasn't increased in 8 years, bonuses is the big draw - but same individuals win each month and for the most part bonus goals are unrealistic. Quantity significantly overvalued quality in this role, in fact quality doesn't matter much at all. Sales team recruiting clients can be very scammy, and clients often feel they're forgotten about after getting enrolled. No career ladder.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2020-03-13