KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

NCSOFT CEO Jeff Anderson
Jeff Anderson

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work with great culture, diversity, and values

Cons

Company career growth can be slow

2. 5.0

Relaxed work environment

Apr 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed work environment with cool people.

Cons

Projects are not overly exciting

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Managers genuinely care

Apr 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Managers seem to genuinely care about your well being. They go out of their way to ask on your mental health throughout the day and also make to organize meetings and other events to break up the monotony of the day/. Work/life balance is incredible right off the bat. Recruitment is great about hiring the right people for the right positions and making this place incredible. Get to work on some of the best games out there and constantly keeping skills sharp with new tech.

Cons

Approvals for almost anything can take a very long time. Strict company policies and guidelines. Collaboration can be difficult with time zones.

4. 5.0

I’ve been here for 4 years and I still love it

Apr 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at NCSOFT for almost 4 years and love the atmosphere, co-workers, and work. Feels like family and love waking up each day and coming here.

Cons

Nothing, great place to work and grow.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

The right kind of work environment

Apr 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Very tolerant and understanding environment, no discrimination - Family-like team spirit - Career growth, acknowledgement of personal talent - Fantastic projects to work on - Benefits and yearly bonuses

Cons

- Processes stretched between USA and Korea - Heavy corporate culture making it sometimes slow for changes to happen

Continue reading
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Everything is awesome here!

Mar 9, 2022 - Concept Artist in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is awesome at NCSOFT!

Cons

Only downside is the commute, which is more of personal thing.

7. 5.0

Wonderful team

Mar 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful team. Very Talented people. Awesome work force.

Cons

Watching very talented people let go during layoffs.

8. 5.0

Topnotch

Feb 23, 2022 - Data Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Topnotch technology and talented employees from all over the world

Cons

Slow to shift gears and make necessary changes

9. 5.0

Really great company culture

Feb 16, 2022 - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

NCSOFT has a pretty great culture and they really do care about their employees. They are very cognizant of the work-life balance and make efforts to ease this for people. It's a fun place to work, thanks in large part to the people, but we are also very results oriented without getting too bogged down into the quagmire of micromanagement and overly specific details. The job also comes with a number of benefits that have been pretty great.

Cons

The gaming industry isn't easy. Change is constant and operating successful games comes with a price. I do worry that we sometimes don't take enough risks in order to reap greater rewards.

10. 5.0

Strong leadership

Feb 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

We have a focused senior management team that are all on the same page and all believe in the master plan for the company. The products we are building are amazing. We are hiring top talent and investing in training our staff at the highest level I have seen in my time here. The overall compensation package is top notch, the in office daily perks have only gotten better and special staff events are happening more frequently. The office and culture is like no other place I have worked at.

Cons

A vocal minority can distract senior leadership, causing them to chase small, unimportant wants. These people either need to change their mindsets and embrace the direction we’re headed in or move on - why go to a job you hate?

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 248 Reviews

NCSOFT Reviews FAQs

NCSOFT has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 266 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at NCSOFT to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, NCSOFT employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at NCSOFT. This rating has decreased by -18% over the last 12 months.

85% of NCSOFT employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NCSOFT 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.6 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at NCSOFT to be benefits, compensation, coworkers and the cons to be career development, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with NCSOFT Job Seekers