NDI Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Objective Review"

Current Employee - Accounting/Purchasing in Winter Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Accounting/Purchasing in Winter Springs, FL

I have been working at NDI (More than a year)

Pros

I have read the other reviews and would like to voice my fair opinion. I have worked for many years with numerous employers and I think I know what makes a good or bad employer. I will say that when I initially took the position at NDI I was a bit concerned because of the unorganized structure of the company, however, I had no idea at that it was the direct result of the management that was in place at the time. Very shortly after being hired, there were changes made in management which has resulted in a tremendous difference. NDI has improved quite considerably since new management and several other positions were restructured and put in place. I have now been here over a year and would not want to be anywhere else. Management has strived to improve all aspects of the company from encouraging a pleasant working environment, implementing new policies to updating the benefits package which is very competitive with other businesses. All that NDI requires of its employees is to perform the job that is required to make NDI successful and to be a team player. I'm happy to be employed here and can honestly say that I enjoy being part of the new team. I'm anxious to see the growth ahead for NDI

Cons

at the present time I don't have any Cons to comment on.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I feel confident that NDI is on the right tract and will only improve as time goes on.

2. "Work life balance"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Washington, DC

Pros

Good opportunity for entry/interns

Cons

No work life balance. Lots of work that cuts across and done by an individual.

Advice to Management

Please consider hiring enough resource to avoid high staff turnover.

3. "Project Assistant"

Current Employee - Project Assistant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Project Assistant in Washington, DC

I have been working at NDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is very professional, but friendly. There are a lot of opportunities to take ownership of projects that you are interested in, if you are willing to seek them out. Management is personable, approachable, and friendly.

Cons

The salary could be higher, but is what you would expect of a non-profit.

4. "The attrition rate of agents is extremely high for such a small company. There is no real training."

Former Employee - Customer Care Agent in Van Nuys, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Agent in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at NDI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The kitchen and restrooms are clean. The hourly rate is above average.

Cons

Only one or two employees made it through the 90 day probationary period. Often asked to work after scheduled time without notice.

Advice to Management

Stop leaning over the cubicles telling agents what to say while we are on the phone. Train the staff equally so they will have the necessary knowledge to do the job successfully.

"Pretty good job. Frustrations of dealing with government, but with far better pay."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

NDi seems to make smart business decisions. They take their client seriously and make their calls based on good data and expertise.

Cons

The work isn't always inspiring. The staff is very capable, but often has to work on projects that are below their abilities. Not NDi's fault, or necessarily the client's fault - that's just government contracting for you.

Advice to Management

Take on some small projects outside of government to broaden the staff's skills and keep them interested. Perhaps even promotion projects would be a good choice.

6. "Temporary Programe Assistant"

I have been working at NDI part-time

Pros

Projects give you a sense of satisfaction.

Cons

Paid not well compared to my responsibility

7. "Great place to learn and gain some expiriance"

Pros

One of the best environments to learn and gain some experience. Great team of skilful, educated and hard working people

Cons

The biggest challenge is the fact that projects depend on various source of financing which deprives stability and prospects for the future as the cuts can be unexpected and big.

Advice to Management

Management is on a fairly god tack as NDI as proven to be one of the most respected names in this industry