KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

NEEA Reviews

Updated Jan 31, 2022

Found 12 of over 12 reviews

3.6
NEEA Executive Director Susan Stratton  (no image)
Susan Stratton
0 Rating

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and work life balance is important to upper management.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work

Jan 27, 2021 - Program Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative work environment working with passionate professionals who care about our environment. They do a great job of encouraging work-life balance and provide excellent benefits.

Cons

Given the structure of the organization and its collaborative focus, sometimes it can take longer than it should to get things done.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Manager

Jan 31, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company vision & mission, very knowledgeable & experienced people

Cons

Management and leadership - not as good with communication and accountability

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 4.0

Mission driven

Apr 21, 2021 - Project Manager in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff and team, good benefits.

Cons

External political pressure can stymie progress and create fear.

4. 4.0

Great people

Mar 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone was very nice and brilliant in their areas of expertise. All very passionate about the future of our planet and the best way to make it better. Great benefits and work life balance is important to upper management.

Cons

Lots of meetings that took up a lot of time that wasn't necessary. They get refunded every 5 years and staff usually takes a hit at that time.

5. 4.0

Close-knit, dedicated nonprofit

Jan 25, 2021 - Sharepoint Systems Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job security, good atmosphere, great benefits

Cons

Sometimes siloed, hard to find growth opportunities in some departments

6. 4.0

Important work

May 6, 2020 - Manager in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is onboard with the overall company mission.

Cons

Your ability to move to other positions in the company is very much determined by your hiring manager.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Quality Staff Exiting

Nov 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, flexible schedule, smart employees

Cons

Non-strategic leadership, strange culture, soooo many meetings

Be the first to find this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Caution: trauma ahead. Misalignment critical.

Apr 17, 2017 - Planning Analyst in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with were fantastic and smart. This is one of the few jobs that has resulted in life-long friends. I learned a lot about myself and my capacity for stress. Energy efficiency is a lofty workplace value, and understanding the levers of market change is valuable.

Cons

This was by far the most stressful job I've had. I worked there nearly three years and we reorganized twice. Many co-workers were dismissed without warning, even when doing a good job. They would just disappear. Management was set up in a way that there was a layer cake: middle management was pulled in the ever-changing direction of upper management. Upper management was more focused on looking good than doing good work, which is what the staff was concerned with. With literally 50 different goals, coordinating large teams was hard as well. We had no infrastructure support, no databases internally, yet worked with exterior consultants that were paid gobs more than we were to tell management what we were saying all along. It was a comical error of overusing cheap tools (like Office, instead of analysis tools that the industry uses) by throwing bodies at it, all the while paying people externally, so we can be perceived as being frugal (because external contracts aren't 'administration overhead'). Penny wise: pound foolish. We also had so many meetings, because I was on 8 distinct initiative teams, that performing became difficult. Internal upward mobility was only relegated for the politically savvy darlings. And even then, they were axed without warning. A few competent people could make an impact, but then they were dismissed without explanation as well. Certain personalities dominated the toxic politics of the office and became local deities. I don't know what it takes to be successful there. But I gave it my all for a 25% pay cut to work within my scope of values. Simply put, I was exploited and cast aside. Management continues to blame the victims of their insufficient processes and tone deaf policy. Morale swings between prison camp and the Titanic, post-iceberg. By the end of my tenure, and after my third poor on-paper/official annual review (they did that to save money and not give you a raise), I was told that I was no longer welcome. I was devastated and had little self confidence. It's only now that I realize that it wasn't me. It was them. I'm a fantastic worker and highly desired now, and have worked in very prestigious positions. I just didn't fit in their culture of turfy layer cake. At least I have some genuine friends out of the deal.

8 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great and impactful job

Aug 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent co-workers, collaborative culture, mission-based work, great benefits, investment in employees professional development

Cons

Flat organizational structure limits upward mobility, process-driven management structure doesn't allow for as much nimble and adaptive management as is required in rapidly changing industry

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0

Sr Program Manager

Jan 25, 2016 - Senior Program Manager in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great cause in energy efficiency, interesting work, great colleagues.

Cons

Poor leadership and lack of teamwork at director level.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews