NEOGOV Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Damir Davidovic

Pros
  • Great company culture, love the work environment (in 6 reviews)

• Being a big time foodie, team lunches, free snacks, company wide events proved a great plus for me (in 6 reviews)

1. "Sales Life review"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Amicable culture, very receptive to individual creativitity and ideas, and a legitimately terrific product

Cons

There is no 401k matching just yet. Other than that, benefits package is solid

2. "Neogov - Great Place to Work if You're Young and Hungry"

Current Employee - Lead Generation in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at NEOGOV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is an incredible place to start if you are young, driven, and want to gain experience in the tech industry. While it is a mature company, culturally it feels like a start-up and in the year that I have been here, I have seen incredible expansion throughout all departments and a steady increase in financial performance. Right now the company is in it's high growth stage and beginning to move into different sectors and directions that were not tackled in its prior years. New management has improved the company tremendously and if you want to learn, this is where you come.

From the perspective of Lead Generation, it is your typical cold calling position, but the money you make is very good for entry level and the career opportunities that are presented to you once you've put in your time are unmatched. Most people see promotion within 4 to 6 months. Movement to a sales position typically takes about a year, but still that is very quick for this industry and the amount you learn is quite limitless, especially with the new training that has been implemented.

Culturally it is a phenomenal place as well. There is an extremely young and liberal culture, with casual dress attire (jeans and t-shirts), catered lunches every Friday, and sponsored company events every couple of weeks and holidays.

Cons

No 401k match
    Only 10 vacation days and 5 PTOs
    Healthcare benefits aren't the best relative to other tech companies
    Lead Gen position becomes mundane after 3 months in (typical for any company)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Unorganized, unprofessional"

Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at NEOGOV full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Young culture, free food, good social events

Cons

Incredibly unprofessional and unorganized. This place is like a chicken with its head cut off. If you stay a year you will get promoted

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and treat everyone with respect

4. "Lead Generation Representative"

Current Employee - Lead Generation in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at NEOGOV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome company culture. Not micromanaged at all. Have work to do and it's up to you to complete it on your own time. Awesome team events to reward hard work. Lots of opportunity for upward mobility.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind.

5. "Lead Generation - NEOGOV"

Current Employee - Lead Generation in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at NEOGOV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young work environment, with plenty of small perks that add up (i.e. stocked kitchen, relaxed culture, free Friday lunch). Management on the sales side is really starting to take shape, which is allowing for more opportunities for promotion

In this department specifically, you get out what you put in, in terms of money. A competitive base salary with an achievable monthly commission structure leads to a great entry level paycheck.

Cons

Lead generation is lead generation. Calling the same government HR officials can get repetitive

Advice to Management

Nothing that would currently be applicable. They are working hard to get people promoted, and no one can argue with that.

"Can be fun, but also very demanding. Long hours and late nights most of the time is expected."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in El Segundo, CA

I worked at NEOGOV (Less than a year)

Pros

Good team outings and get to travel sometimes.

Cons

Can be very stressful and demanding.

7. "Lead Generation"

Former Employee - Lead Generation in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Generation in El Segundo, CA

I worked at NEOGOV (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Opportunity to make a good amount of money in a relatively short period of time. Good culture with a young crowd.

Cons

A lot of redundancies. Calling the same government employees who do not want to talk. They do not use Salesforce to its full potential.

Advice to Management

Really no advice at all. They are operating in a tough industry so they are doing a great deal with what they have.

"Great learning, amazing people, wonderful culture"

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in El Segundo, CA

Pros

I worked for about 1 year and I really liked the place especially work. You'll work on cutting edge projects/technologies. You drive yourself here. If you want to grow, you have to seek out opportunities and prove your worth. This keeps you motivated.

Fun Environment, learning opportunities, friendly and helping coworkers, flexible working hours, office was very easy going. Being a big time foodie, team lunches, free snacks, company wide events proved a great plus for me.

If you let yourself be a code monkey, and just sit coding with your head down all day, you'll be fine but won't advance. You need to be proactive.There is no dearth of challenging projects that will keep you interested and a room for constant learning.

Cons

Limited Perks and other benefits.

Advice to Management

Sometimes it happens that there are a lot of things we're trying to accomplish at once. Need to be little streamlined on this part. Even though the stuff is cool but it may not be able to see the light of day.

"Good Product/Tech Company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at NEOGOV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Been here for sometime and really enjoy working here. How do I know it? I am quite happy going to office :). Things are getting better and better. Fun loving, highly motivated and smart team. It is definitely competitive environment but folks are very helpful and collaborative. Team leads and managers seem very dedicated and hardworking. Does seem like a place of potential to grow, will have to wait and see what course it will take.

Cons

Sometimes the team leads and even engineers of few teams seem to have lot on their plate, probably because of some major product overhaul initiatives. There seems to be some push to improve this so lets see. Hiring more Sr. Engineers would help.

Advice to Management

One or two individual's effort or ideas never build a good company. Team work makes the dream work. Trust your team more and encourage them to make things better. If not a great company, you will at-least be proud that you help build a team of highly motivated employees.

How can there be a great company without great team.

10. "The New NEOGOV"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I am fairly new to NEOGOV, having worked less than a year. I was referred by a few friends, some whom are current employees and a couple others who had previously worked here. While this is my first job at a tech company, I can confidently say that the environment here is better than any company I’ve worked for in the past. I immediately felt welcome and quickly got to know each of the 100+ employees. I’d read the Glassdoor reviews before coming here and had also heard about negative experiences people had in the past, but after joining NEOGOV I’ve experienced very little to justify these claims, which makes me believe these stories are something of the past. Already, in the months that I’ve been here, I’ve see substantial growth. The retention time has increased, we have had huge advancements in company culture and moral, and the flow of communication between teams and the company as a whole has matured significantly. I enjoy coming to work everyday and have great relationships with my co-workers. I’d definitely recommend NEOGOV to my friends.

- Room for growth. Since being here I’ve witnessed a few promotions, the creation of new positions, and the opportunity to move to different teams
    - Everyone is very supportive of each other and communication is encouraged
    - Managers are all very accessible and receptive to requests and suggestions
    - Has become much more selective in hiring process
    - Company wide events monthly, weekly catered lunches, and additional events with teams
    - Branded clothing and welcome packages
    - Snacks

Cons

- Higher management is more rigid and less willing to entertain suggestions
    - No 401k matching
    - 10 vaca days and 5 PTO. Would prefer unlimited PTO
    - There’s a gym in the building on the first floor, but it is small with limited equipment
    - Not a great of a benefits package or as many perks compared to other tech companies

Advice to Management

Be more open to suggestions. Times are changing, a new generation is joining the work force, and it will be easy to fall behind other tech companies and competitors. People have great ideas in this office, so we should start implementing some of them.