NET-A-PORTER Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
NET-A-PORTER Founder Natalie Massenet
Natalie Massenet

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Benefits and Met a lot of great people (in 14 reviews)

• Good discount, great work peers and good benefits (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for growth from the delivery man aspect other than becoming a driver (in 10 reviews)

• Unorganized, no room for growth (in 12 reviews)

1. "E-Commerce Fulfillment Associate"

Former Employee - E-commerce Fulfillment Associate in Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - E-commerce Fulfillment Associate in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at NET-A-PORTER full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

decent hourly pay; being around latest fashion trends is exciting

Cons

racism, fulfillment center is clear example of it
    nice cafeteria
    nice discounts once you have worked there awhile

"Mahwah Office"

Pros

close to home .. a couple of nice people nice manager

Cons

no parking dirty place to work mean girl clubs

Advice to Management

listen to people outside of London and actually care

3. "Porter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Porter, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Porter, NY

I worked at NET-A-PORTER full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The opportunity to build a career and to communicate with people as well I help the company prosper work well with others good with my hands jack of all trades master of none

Cons

There's no challenges really I can adapt to any situation and I got great social skills opportunity to build my career and help the company prosper

Advice to Management

If I see any problems I will definitely talk to the managers and to give them advice not to tell them what to do about the job but to help me do my job better and willing to work any hours I just need the opportunity

4. "Good Opportunities"

I worked at NET-A-PORTER full-time

Pros

They recognize the people who are honest and hardworking and reward them accordingly. Company holiday parties are a plus. Paid time off and plenty of overtime available.

Cons

Employees can be a bit like high-schoolers. Gossipy.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

5. "Image Specialist"

Former Employee - Photo Specialist in Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - Photo Specialist in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at NET-A-PORTER (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company too work for.

Cons

Location was a bit far from NYC

"Photo team managers need to go"

Current Employee - Photographer in Mahwah, NJ
    Current Employee - Photographer in Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at NET-A-PORTER full-time

Pros

Made some good friends here. Some people on the team help each other out which feels nice. Good schedule. Decent money.

Cons

Parking is so bad. Like really bad. People fight over parking spots just to come to work and do their job. I never saw anything like that before. And the guys in charge of the photography team in the studio are a joke. They are lazy and only interested in clowning around telling jokes and talking about their vacations all the time instead of showing us new skills and helping us. They obviously have their few favorites and only give them cool projects and only promote them instead of the really hardworking people. They never want to do any work and always make excuses why other people should do the work for them, but then they turn around and take all the credit. They don't even want to look at contact sheets which is a big part of their job. They should be embarrassed. Hardworking photographers on the team make the web site look beautiful, not them. And like everyone else on here says, HR here is useless.

Advice to Management

I am jealous of other teams in the studio. How come they get leaders who care and not us? The photography team needs good strong leaders in a hurry. How many photographers need to leave in a huff before upper management does something? Good hardworking people leave because you are letting lazy clueless manchildren run the team. Take our complaints seriously for once. And just to let you know I am looking around for a new photography job to get out of here.

"Warehouse doesn't care about your safety!"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at NET-A-PORTER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schedule- can work overnight
    Nice location (mahwa)
    Decent cafeteria/cook

Cons

Environment
    Uninvolved management
    Culture

Through no fault of my own, a coworker in the warehouse assumed I was friendly with someone she was having personal issues with. In front of everyone, she verbally harrased me and threatened to beat me to a pulp, and I had never once spoken to this person before. The managers were not there and didn't even notice. Thankfully another coworker restrained this woman. She was suspended with pay for a week, and allowed to come work the same shifts as me. Never once was I explained the situation nor did they have the decency to allow me to sit down with this person so we could mediate what had occurred. She was very hostile toward me even coming back, even though I tried to be friendly because I was scared of what would happen. I immediately asked the managers to switch my schedule, this manager DENIED being able to do so even when I had asked coworkers and they had confirmed she was the person to go to for this. To this day I simply cannot fathom how they allowed this woman with a previous criminal record to get away with this. I never showed up to work after that and was unemployed for a few months because of this sudden situation.

The starting pay at the warehouse positions was $15-$20 five years ago, the more time passes they lower the salary and the amount that is given in raises. This is in addition to much higher copada if you want to enroll in their health insurance. It is a given you will have to work overtime regularly if you want to afford any benefits. Lastly, the main location in mahwah is very difficult to get to if you do not have a car. There are no busses or trains nearby, and it is a regular problem by which employees of the surrounding area need to seek friends or Uber to bring them. $12 starting, with $0.50 - $1 raises every six months is not enough to pay for a car and all bills at 40 hours a week!

Advice to Management

Warn your employees to keep their heads down because you won't be there to ensure their safety!

"Started out great, ended up badly"

Former Employee - Photographer in Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - Photographer in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at NET-A-PORTER (More than a year)

Pros

Good discount, great work peers and good benefits.

Cons

Management took the easy way out on everything, were not helpful, did not train and were terrible with communication. Salary was also lacking as well as any type of raise was not good at all.

Advice to Management

Communication is key, don't look for the easy way out and not trying to have some sort of conflict with an employee, if you are honest they will be fine and will want to work for you, otherwise they won't!

9. "Okay..."

I have been working at NET-A-PORTER full-time

Pros

benefits, incentives if you can get them, people

Cons

most people in higher roles have no clue what they're doing, very catty high school environment

Advice to Management

hire based on talent not based on how much the person will kiss at your feet

10. "Good place!"

Current Employee - Buyer
    Current Employee - Buyer

I have been working at NET-A-PORTER full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is great to work at because it is a global company at the center of technological innovation. There is also a great clothing discount!

Cons

The company is currently going through some changes and as the company grows it becomes harder to effect change quickly, while the global environment is a positive, communication can sometimes be a challenge due to the time difference.