KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

NEXON America Reviews

Updated Jun 1, 2022

Found 77 of over 171 reviews

3.5
NEXON America General Manager Kenny Chang (no image)
Kenny Chang

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "low salary payments(in 12 reviews)
  • "There is almost no middle to upper management.(in 10 reviews)
  • "When visiting, only those close to management were able to hang out while others were given a few minutes.(in 10 reviews)
  • "The constant turnover in key staff members is a sure byproduct of the above issues, low pay and lack of vision.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Company gives no room for second chances, rather desperately relies on the poor judgement of bad managers to dictate the future of employees.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Nexon Cares!

Jul 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Constantly adding perks to keep up with competitors - When COVID19 hit, the Company responded quickly and had everyone WFH before the lockdown. Company also provided constant communication. -Knowing Korean is not needed - everyone has English proficiency. The Company also offer(ed) on-site English for Second Language learners and Korean classes for those who were interested!

Cons

- Everyone is working hard, but all towards a good cause of one day having another hit that is not Maplestory - Nexon is constantly being compared to Western Gaming Companies, when it should be compared to others in its niche

NEXON America Response

Thank you very much for your thoughtful note. At Nexon, health and safety are a top priority and we will continue to provide frequent updates regarding our response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thanks again, we're so happy to hear about your positive experience during your time here!

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not an active place to work

Jun 1, 2022 - Database Engineer in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is organized and streamlined

Cons

Will get bored with the work style and not much innovation happening there

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great For Data Science

May 27, 2021 - Data Scientist in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My co-workers are great to work with, the data infrastructure is well built and maintained, and the management listens to us when we say we need additional tools and services. The pay is solid for the role as well. Nexon treats its workers well, even during work-from-home.

Cons

Nexon is a large company based in Korea. Therefore, in Nexon America, you can feel a little distant from the primary decision-makers, and nearly all large decisions must pass through them.

5 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great culture

May 16, 2021 - MBA Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and benefits especially for women

Cons

Depends on the team, but some devs have strict culture

NEXON America Response

Thank you! We are proud of the culture we built and continue to look for ways to make it a friendly, diverse, and inclusive place to work at. We're happy to hear of your positive feedback regarding the benefits offered at Nexon. In addition to our full benefits package, we continue to encourage Nexies to take advantage of growth opportunities such as participating in our learning and development initiatives. We will evaluate areas where we can improve as well. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Continually improving

Apr 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

very friendly culture and team. often, you will find a handful of mean and nasty coworkers in any company, yes, there are some that are immature and inexperienced, but for the most part, all are good natured and want to do well. Company has been trying very hard over the past few years to provide more and more for us and listen to feedback.

Cons

inexperienced leadership in some pockets of the company. many of the leaders are home grown and lack a diverse perspective or still behave like they did years ago. mgmt should spend some time to self-reflect and strive to improve

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great onboarding during COVID-19!

Apr 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dedication to improve, transparency from top down

Cons

Been very accommodating during remote work environment

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great opportunities for career growth

Apr 2, 2021 - Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great and talented people! So far, everyone that I've spoken to have been friendly and approachable - Healthy work/life balance. I am giving the autonomy and trust to manage my workload. I feel comfortable to bring up to my team if I felt stretched thin - Supportive and caring team. I noticed that achievements, both big and small, have been celebrated and acknowledged by my manager, dept. head, and colleagues - Management is receptive to feedback - There are regular business updates from management - I received opportunities to take on projects to improve my skills - Fun, casual and respectful workplace

Cons

A dog-friendly office would be a nice perk to have

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible management

Mar 24, 2021 - Customer Support Representative in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great and the building itself is fun to work in

Cons

Terrible management from headquarters. Slow communication and heavily underpaid.

NEXON America Response

Hi! Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Please feel free to contact HR, we would be glad to discuss further with you to identify areas of opportunity for improvement. Thank you!

9. 2.0

Zero work life balance

Feb 3, 2021 - Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

most co-workers were nice. very easy to share your no-life work life together pay is decent compared to other eastern developers and publishers

Cons

absolutely zero work balance, be prepared to work 10-14hr days, and be available at all times if you are not Korean the chances of upward mobility are limited micro-management is an Olympic sport here office politics more complex than game of thrones communications between teams are poor, and information is often left to the last minute the work motto is they don't tell you what not to do until you've done it, and then expect you to have known not to do it all along

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work but internally unorganized

Nov 18, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Offers many benefits and attempts to create new benefits for employees Open and free work environment

Cons

Unorganized process internally and very much driven by headquarter in Korea

Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 Reviews

NEXON America Reviews FAQs

NEXON America has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 171 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at NEXON America to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, NEXON America employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at NEXON America. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

63% of NEXON America employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NEXON America 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at NEXON America to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with NEXON America Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at NEXON America? Share Your Experiences

NEXON America logo

NEXON America Careers

Cover image for NEXON America

Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because...More

• Our Culture
  • Our Games
  • Our Perks
  • Become a Nexie

Company Updates

282 days ago

Company News
📢 Nexies will be enjoying 🍲 CHUSEOK WELLNESS DAYS on Monday, September 20th and Tuesday, September 21st for a 4-day weekend. Nexies are encouraged to spend this time doing the things you truly love and enjoy 💗 without worrying about work - no emails, slack, phone calls, video meetings! What is CHUSEOK you ask? Chuseok is US equivalent of Thanksgiving in Korea, a very special holiday to gather with loved ones and give thanks 🙏 #wellness #wellbeing #selfcare #mentalhealth #destress #relaxtime #inthistogether2021

429 days ago

COVID-19
We're a little late in showing these off, but check out these awesome MapleStory masks our design team created to pass out to all our employees last year!😷🤩😍We are adhering to all CDC guidelines to keep Nexies safe and hope everyone in the world continues to stay healthy!💖💫
Shared image - Nexon America on Twitter: "We're a little late in showing these off, but check out these awesome @MapleStory masks our design team created to pass out to all our employees last year!😷🤩😍 We are adhering to all CDC guidelines to keep Nexies safe and hope everyone in the world continues to stay healthy💖💫 pic.twitter.com/c02JVc2w5X / Twitter"
twitter.com

NEXON America Photos

+ Add Photo
NEXON America photo of: Beautiful El Segundo Campus Front View
NEXON America photo of: Onsite Yoga Session
NEXON America photo of: One Year Anniversary Luncheon
NEXON America photo of: Kitchen with drinks and snacks!
NEXON America photo of: Office Layout