NEXON America Employee Reviews about "nexon america"
Updated May 27, 2021
Found 2 of over 180 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Some great and brilliant people work here." (in 29 reviews)
- "Benefits are decent." (in 12 reviews)
- "Coworkers were good" (in 10 reviews)
- "I think the work/life balance is fair and competitive." (in 6 reviews)
- "The creative team is very skilled and an asset to the company." (in 4 reviews)
- "low salary payments" (in 12 reviews)
- "There is almost no middle to upper management." (in 10 reviews)
- "It's honestly hard to convey the degree to which Nexon's poor management took things to a personal level." (in 10 reviews)
- "The constant turnover in key staff members is a sure byproduct of the above issues, low pay and lack of vision." (in 9 reviews)
- "Company gives no room for second chances, rather desperately relies on the poor judgement of bad managers to dictate the future of employees." (in 6 reviews)
Reviews about "nexon america"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee★★★★★
Look ElsewhereJan 23, 2017 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Happy hours with free beer every 2 weeks. Newly remodeled office. Some genuinely fantastic people work here.
Nexon America has some talented people that really try their best to succeed in the western market. Some of my best memories and greatest learnings have come from my time at Nexon America, and I will always be grateful for that. However in the end, the company has simply failed in its objectives of profitability, employee retention, and engagement with western players. The chief problem is a lack of support and adaptability from the Korean overseas parent company. The parent company refuses to adapt to western standards of gameplay, art, customer experience, culture, and managerial style. Everything required for a company to succeed in the western marketplace is either ignored or mishandled largely due to ignorance of the market. While the company has hired experienced western employees in an attempt to correct this, the input from such employees is often ignored or overruled by Korean management. This has resulted in employees on all levels becoming heavily disenfranchised. The past 2 months have seen most of the executives resign (all of these executives were experienced westerners). The entire marketing department resigned (again, westerners). Valuable employees in various other key positions have been resigning throughout the company for months, and many remaining employees are job hunting. Nexon America has also developed a poor reputation within the industry. I have personally experienced numerous professional contacts express negative views of Nexon America. Many of my fellow Nexon employees have reported hearing the same from their professional networks as well. Please be aware that you run a potential risk of damaging your professional reputation by accepting a job with this company.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Steady improvements... but still a ways to goJul 19, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Nexon America has recently gone through many changes to improve company morale and to overcome many of the inherited downfalls of the company from past leadership. New talented individuals have joined the company breathing fresh ideas and perspective for the company, helping eradicate old long standing issues. New titles are being added to the current portfolio and creating new opportunities for employees and the company.
Much of the problems with Nexon are inherited from past leadership and despite current efforts much progress still needs to be made. While morale is on the incline it is still overall low and as a result many employees who have been with the company longer than 3 years are eager to find new opportunities creating high attrition.