Found 5,807 of over 7K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about NEXT
Any suggestions on affordable/safe suburbs near big cities? I want to buy a stand-alone house but I can't afford that in the city, so looking for the next big option. Open to any big cities (SF, Seattle, Austin, Chicago, LA, Philadelphia etc.) By affordable, I mean around 400K for a 2-3BD home w/ a yard.
I’ll be eligible to be put up for partner next year, and I was basically told by my PGL that it’d be good for me to be counsel for at least a year to keep working on my partnership angle. Such mixed feelings because on one hand, there’s a big part of me that doesn’t want to be partner anyway (the biz dev obligations would be incredibly stressful), but on the other hand, it sucks/hurts to be told that I essentially couldn’t make partner next year even if I wanted to. Can anyone relate? 😒
I’m starting a new job next month, after my contract at previous firm wasn’t renewed. New firm hired me under a temporary contract, that will convert into an indefinite contract automatically if my half year review is positive. I’m feeling a lot of pressure because this is basically my dream job. Therefore looking for any tips and recommendations to help me nail this, as I will be a mid-level for the first time. I’m switching from M&A to litigation, but have some experience as I was (1/2)
Got a burning question about NEXT? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with NEXT employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "I worked in the Woking store and all the staff were friendly and easy to work with." (in 452 reviews)
- "I worked with really nice people which is why my experience at next has been so great." (in 313 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and easy to get shifts swapped" (in 244 reviews)
- "Helpful and friendly colleagues" (in 212 reviews)
- "Good benefits and great to work for" (in 102 reviews)
- "As it got very busy it was very tiring and as I only worked 4.5 hour shifts I never got a break Pay is low" (in 491 reviews)
- "Poor management and not challenging enough" (in 434 reviews)
- "The managers that I have had are not great to work with and are exceptionally rude." (in 313 reviews)
- "No training plan (How can you develop and progress if there isn't any consistent training plan and feedback given)" (in 156 reviews)
- "Can be stressful and past is minimum wage" (in 97 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of NEXT and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
NEXT Reviews FAQs
NEXT has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 6,569 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at NEXT to a friend and 49% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
60% of NEXT employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NEXT 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.