NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES Reviews

Updated Apr 29, 2021

4.1
NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES Senior Vice President Jonathan Langley
Jonathan Langley
Pros
  • "Overall work environment makes it a place that you want to work in(in 8 reviews)

• "Approachable, Friendly, Professional, Happy, Knowledgeable, Great Company to Work with(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It is key to utilize you resources and put in the hard work on the front end in order to set yourself up for success down the line(in 5 reviews)

• "I haven't experienced anything negative(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Mar 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really fun, inclusive culture, with opportunities for employees to join ERGs or other groups to contribute to overall growth, company events, and present and implement initiatives to improve the company overall. Leadership is transparent and honest, always open to new ideas and suggestions. They consistently provided clarity throughout 2020 and COVID times, as well as during the recent merger - kept us informed during somewhat uncertain times. Cool perks and fun events (virtually over the last year), make you feel valued. Always striving to listen to employee feedback and be the best they can be. Very team focused environment in my experience, we push each other to succeed. Staffing is a fast paced industry, a great place to grow and be challenged every day. I've worked at a variety of places in the past, but at NextGen I feel like the company as a whole really values their employees and appreciates the hard work we put in and ideas we bring to the table.

Cons

No cons to working at NextGen

Marketing Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear you enjoy working at NextGen!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Decent

Apr 29, 2021 - Project Coordinator II
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had a job that lasted over 3 years

Cons

unresponsive, and I had to tell them that I was getting let go.

3. 3.0

Needs a major overhaul!

Mar 19, 2021 - Sales in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits, PTO, flexibility, nice co-workers

Cons

Weak leadership team, lack of opportunities, favoritism

Marketing Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, whether it’s positive or constructive we do appreciate it. NextGen values all of our current and former employees and the unique contributions they have made to our company. Over the last few years, we have spent time on career progression plans and expanding the training opportunities for employees and it is our goal to provide an environment where all of our employees have an equal opportunity to be successful and thrive.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Senior Technical Recruiter

Apr 15, 2021 - Senior Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment, professional environment, Lots of positions to work with, Company LinkedIn connection, Great Clients

Cons

Barely anything, I barely found any other Cons, Telecom position, IT position I want to work, Overhead

5. 5.0

Excellent place to work!

Mar 15, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation, career advancement, culture, strong leadership, good core values, flexibility

Cons

None I can think of

Marketing Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoy working at NextGen!

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Mar 5, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Fun people Everyone willing to help out

Cons

No cons I can think of

Marketing Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed working at NextGen!

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Overall great company

Feb 18, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, team. Really go out of their way to do extra things for the emploees.

Cons

Have been bought by Kelly, a much larger company and is going through some growing pains.

8. 4.0

Fun Place to Work

Jan 26, 2021 - Senior Recruiter in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great Team, most of employees are very helpful when called upon - Full Benefits and 4 weeks PTO - Access to Indeed, Careerbuilder, Dice, Monster, and Linkedin for Recruiters - Uncapped commission

Cons

- They say sales and recruiting are equal but compensation definitely favors sales. - Disagree with the way that goals are set. Doesn't account for finishers when most of business is contract based. Sales/Recruiters who work certain accounts are in better position to hit goals than those who work other accounts.

Marketing Communications Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We appreciate and value your input as an employee and we are happy to see that our benefits are a “Pro” of working with us. There is a different compensation plan for sales and recruiters, however, there is also an opportunity for recruiters to move into sales positions. The new recruiter commission and bonus structure rolled out this year was designed specifically to give our recruiting staff the potential for higher earnings. We encourage you to discuss your concerns about your goals with your Manager. Our intention is to provide the same opportunities of success to everyone. Thank you again for your insight and feedback.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Jan 19, 2021 - IT Recriter in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good CEO, good work/life balance, decent benefits, friendly environment

Cons

None that I have at the moment!

Marketing Communications Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we are very happy to hear you enjoy working at NextGen! Thanks so much for your feedback.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Absolute chaos

Jan 13, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you’re single- your benefits are paid for Decent commission for sales A lot of accounts

Cons

In 2019 they were bought by Kelly services and within a couple of months, fired the President and totally restructured the company. Everything from RE-orgs to process changes, benefits, and expectations from the producing teams (recruiting and sales). Covid hit and every single sales person who were ready to up and leave had to stay because the job market was thin, but that meant putting up with managements insane expectations. Basically they were so worried we were all home doing nothing, and nearly all our customers had spending freezes therefore there was nothing to do other then stay in touch, and wait it out. Basically, what the entire nation was doing during this time. Kelly tried to keep people by doing 10% salary reductions snd no contribution to 401K, and we still had decent revenue coming in eith the few accounts that were spending. But some sales people depending on their customers had nothing new coming in. Therefore, they became micromanagers of our day to day. Wanting us to repetitively reach out to the same customers over and over again, becoming a nuisance rather than a partner for them. When you expressed how you felt to upper management, that this is not an effective way to sell, you were let go or shoved to the side and simply given a “these are the metrics, they are non negotiable” . Nearly half if not 3/4s of the sales team ended up being on probabtionary periods mid covid because they weren’t hitting numbers. OBVIOUSLY, pandemic. Women were pregnant and fearing for their jobs. Parents who had to stay home with their children now to teach them virtual learning were given absolutely no breaks, if you couldn’t put in the hours after work, or during work hours, you were gone. Who cares about you having your children home with you? Work must be your number 1 priority now to get us back to where we need to be and make Kelly happy! Sacrifice your life for this company and your managers. Everyone in America was experiencing such hard and devastating times and Nextgen expected MORE out of their sales people then ever before. Only because they were pushed by Kelly to demand high productivity to ensure their employees weren’t sitting at home twirling their fingers, and also getting any revenue that they absolutely can. Several sales people were let go in 2 phases, mid covid and then again during their merger. People were putting in more hours just to maintain their sales portfolio and monitor metrics then actually spending time trying to develop new ways to sell and new customers to sell to. Wasting time on useless things management required because fear was instilled that if you didn’t, you were gone. It’s not the company it used to be. Management has no control over their sales team because Kelly has given them little to no time to prove themselves. So instead of working with their team and develop new ways to help them and give them a shot, they’re told to move on.

2 people found this review helpful

Marketing Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear your experience with us since the merger was less than ideal. NextGen strives to provide an environment where all of our employees have an opportunity to be successful and thrive. Throughout this pandemic, we have embraced a flexible work schedule and offered additional support to employees struggling to find a balance, so we are sorry to learn this was not your experience. We take all feedback to heart and yours is no different. We sincerely wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 98 Reviews