NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Andy Baker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • My recruiters, Alexis, Dawn and Nicole, have been extremely professional, amiable and understanding (in 3 reviews)

• Great company with key contract and recruiting relationships (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons that I can think of till date (in 6 reviews)

• No complaints, they try their best (in 3 reviews)

1. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The CEO goes above and beyond for his staff - he has gone to bat for me not only professionally but also personally. The company is invested in the success of their employees - they set you up to succeed as you build your business. Seasoned sales team which adds a level of flexibility and partnering opportunities we can offer to our customers. The annual company trip, contests to keep us motivated and engaged, top-down support from the executive staff, and more. I would recommend it to everyone!

Cons

I can't think of anything in the Con category. Issues are addressed and resolved quickly. Possibly that we cannot work with all customers. This is where the advantage of having a veteran sale team comes in - if it's not a core competency we'd rather say no than not perform.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!! The numbers speak for NextGen - how many other companies have grown over 4 times the original profit in 4 years??

2. "Overall - this is a place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales, Recruiting and Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales, Recruiting and Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall the conversations were incredibly positive and folks are very happy to be a part of something special at NextGen. There is a high regard and appreciation for your generosity, humor and passion around the business and industry! Overall, you have an impressive group of both young and experienced staff that are incredibly happy to be part of NextGen!

Cons

It's a work hard - play hard space - not for the complacent and those that want to coast!

Advice to Management

Keep it up - your commitment to introducing more training and adding to the team is spot on!

3. "Love it here. Great culture and fun people"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, they really trust you to work independently and focus on being successful. Recruiting commission plan is great and easy to understand. Company is growing so lots of opportunities ahead. Nicest office I've ever seen and worked in.

Cons

It's hard work and lots of competition. Takes a while to get to work the best jobs

Advice to Management

Need more ongoing training. Not sure yet about my career growth

4. "I love working for NextGen."

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Leadership.
    Fun working environment.
    Strong sense of team.
    Ample support for client projects and internal initiatives - ask and you will likely receive.
    Good compensation.

Cons

Be prepared to work hard including on some weekends.
    Can be high-pressure at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

5. "Mgmt"

Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about working for NextGen is the opportunity, available for all of us, to pave our own way & up the 'ladder'. Knowing that the hard work we put into our day-to-day will result in recognition and advancement, anything is truly achievable here. The combined level of knowledge among the team is decades long; we rely on each other for industry news, tips, and general know-hows to make sure everyone has a great opportunity to learn and succeed. The team here is fantastic, our culture is unbeatable, and genuine "real family-like environment" is palpable. It is really more than just lip service; NextGen cares about their employees and the growth of the company which shows in the flexibility, level of open communication, and the perks provided to all of the team as a whole.

Cons

No cons to speak of, lots of hard work and diligence pays off around here so there aren't many cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing!

6. "Fun, young, vibrant company with great money making opportunities for recruiters and sales"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I have been working at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Compensation- base pay- Commission structure is very good. Beats the local competition
    24 days vacation pay
    If you want to earn money as a recruiter you should come check out the potential opportunities. If you work hard you will be a success.
    NextGen keeps things simple. They do not put up road blocks to already make a difficult process harder.
    Good internal incentive schemes- Competitions that are work the headache (Not just a $100 gift card and pat on the back via an email)
    The presidents actually want you to do well and you can tell. They will help you/ invest in you, if you ask.
    Chicago, IL office is probably the slickest office I have been too in my life. They want a nice work environment for their employees.
    Big things to come

Cons

You will have to work long hours sometimes
    Comes with the territory, but you will have to answer calls and emails out of hours and on weekends
    Medical Benefits

Advice to Management

Love being a part of the team and see great potential
    Better medical benefits
    Keep investing in your current employees, be flexible and help us to enjoy the ride, so we can celebrate the wins together.

7. "Great Growing Company and Fun Environment"

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Encouraging and Positive Management team that want each of the NextGen team members to be successful and work in a fun and collaborative environment
    Ability to make good money and learn from telecom recruiting veterans who have 20+ years of industry experience
    Company is growing and employees' recommendations on how to improve current processes are often implemented
    Management provides complete transparency on company's performance and numbers

Cons

No cons but you have to be willing to work hard and be 150% dedicated to your candidates and clients. Recruiting is not a 9 to 5 job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing- it is working and the company's growth is proof!

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent work/life balance at this company and many of the employees are friends outside of the office. We are offered one of the best commission structures in the industry along with a great benefits package and generous PTO.

Cons

As with most smaller companies, there aren't many layers of management so some might say career growth is limited. Depends on how you look at it

9. "Incredible company! Strong support system filled with pure and genuine talent!"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leaders of NextGen are industry legends who are willing to teach, support and open doors for their employees. They are extremely accessible to us and our clients.
    We work as a team and everyone one plays a vital role in the process.
    NextGen is accommodating, a strong partner to our clients, consultants & candidates. They make sure that our contractors are well cared for, paid on time and quickly. We have no red tape which sets up apart from the other staffing agencies. They care about their people and they go the extra mile. NextGen is about making Relationships and maintaining those relationships. They do not micro manage you and let you take their knowledge and tools and to grow and become successful.
    The culture is play hard / work hard. The team is fun, positive and that vibe keeps everyone motivated.

Cons

It's a great place but always willing to listen and learn new ways to get even better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

10. "Great people to work with from the top down."

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A very exciting and professional work environment. There is a lot of autonomy and a feeling that you are an important part of a highly determined team. Great commission package as well as excellent incentives.

Cons

Growing company with exciting things on the horizon, just not a lot of opportunity for movement at the moment.