NFI Industries Company Driver Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Company Driver

NFI Industries Company Driver Reviews

Updated May 25, 2019

4.4
NFI Industries CEO Sid Brown (no image)
Sid Brown

"Driver"

Current Employee - Company Driver

I have been working at NFI Industries full-time

Pros

minimum pay of $800 per week

Cons

back office sucks at their job

NFI Industries2019-02-23

September 10, 2019Marketing

Thank you for sharing your review!

"Management is fair and works hard for us, work is steady, pay is really good."

Current Employee - Company Driver in Denver, CO

I have been working at NFI Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

NFI just got the contract at Bimbo Bakery in Denver. I'm a new driver with them and thus far have been treated really well by the local management team. They have been extremely patient and understanding as we all grow in our new rolls. They are working hard at getting fully staffed and all drivers are getting new 2020 Volvo's assigned. It's pretty much a stress free environment, more concerned with the big... picture while working out the small details and wrinkles of the daily operations.

Cons

Due to the fact we're all pretty much new to this contract, there's not a lot of experience to look to. That said, there's nobody acting like a big-shot either. Just a bunch of guys working hard to get the job done as best as we can knowing with each passing day we're getting better as a team.

Advice to Management

Multi-tasking is fine as long as it's productive. However, being overwhelmed with too many responsibilities and job duties will bring your overall efficiency to a crawl which will affect the team as a whole.

NFI Industries2019-05-25

September 10, 2019Marketing

Thank you for writing the positive review and sharing your feedback with us! We appreciate it.

"No support or loyalty for there employees..."

Former Employee - Company Driver in Chino, CA

I worked at NFI Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of work. Hometime every week. Pay was good. Never had any problems with my manager or any other drivers or employees.

Cons

Saftey and security are a joke. Security allowed a company driver to be verbally threatened and called racial slurs by a non company driver all of this happening at front gate (security booth). This other driver was even allowed to get off of his truck and follow me over to security officer still talking crazy to me and making threats. Never once did security attempt to intervene in any way. So in an attempt to... stop him from harassing as well as approaching me I let him see I had a pocket knife never once did I threaten him with it or attempt any bodily harm. But yet I am fired for defending/protecting myself because security didn't do one single thing. If anyone is a safety or security risk its the security guards working at the gate who don't do there job.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and see who was really and truly in the wrong.

NFI Industries2017-02-24

March 10, 2017Corporate Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts; I am certainly sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. We are always looking for ways to make improvements, so I will certainly share your feedback with the leadership team.

4. "Lead, follow, or please get out of the way..."

Current Employee - Company Driver in Nazareth, PA

I have been working at NFI Industries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is good. Newer equipment has been showing up. Automatic transmission in new power units (this will also be in the cons section) Hometime.

Cons

Office politics. A total lack of the 3 C's; Communication, Consistency, Cooperation. Not just with drivers but with Operations and Support staff. Automatic transmissions in new power units.

Advice to Management

The saying goes: "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link." Some times it is the stubborn strong link that keeps the chain from flowing and doing its job. Weekly memos to drivers reminding them to adjust for the shortcomings of operations and training to make things easier for them, do nothing but allow the issues to compound. Train your staff. Hire from within the industry. Ivy league graduates won't... help daily operations of a logistics group,and neither will dispatch personnel who can't count to 14.

NFI Industries2015-10-28

"company drivers"

Company Driver in Breinigsville, PA

I have been working at NFI Industries for more than 10 years

Pros

its a job versus not having a job.

Cons

Mandatory 6 days work week.

Advice to Management

Trucking not easy. Pay accordingly.

NFI Industries2015-09-27