NFI Industries "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

NFI Industries Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Sep 19, 2019

Found 313 reviews

3.1
NFI Industries CEO Sid Brown (no image)
Sid Brown
Pros
  • "Great company move quick if a good idea(in 11 reviews)

• "Great people, great job and good customer service(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, can get hot in the summer(in 11 reviews)

• "Poor upper management - all about the dollar, not about your talents(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Poor Management"

Former Employee - Logistic Coordinator

I worked at NFI Industries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great drivers to dispatch for

Cons

Poor upper management - all about the dollar, not about your talents

Advice to Management

Touch base with the drivers and coordinators more. You can not always trust or believe the Managers

NFI Industries2018-12-28

September 10, 2019Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We greatly value your feedback and will be sharing this information with the appropriate teams.

"Invoicing Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ

I worked at NFI Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers are great and very helpful. Pay is good. Quiet atmosphere. Clean bathrooms and lunchroom. Hour lunch.

Cons

The management is rude and unprofessional . The training is horrible. The person that trains treat you like you're an idiot and when you go to upper management , they treat you the same way. They want you to observe for a whole week and on the second week give you bits and pieces without telling you how it works from start to finish . On Mondy of the third week they expect you to be able to do the job with a... deadline to meet and no errors. They rush you and ask you what's taking you so long . They watch every move you make and nit pick everything . If you ask them a question they roll their eyes and give you an attitude to the point where every time I needed to ask a question I would get a knot in my stomach. They will gossip in the office about you and talk about how stupid you are if you don't pick up in a few days They are very mean and impatient with new employees. People in the office will say the same thing. No one is happy there. I could not wait for them to let me go . My advices if you can't pick up in less than a week do not take a job in this department at this company. The worst and most unprofessional company I have ever worked for in all my years of working!

Advice to Management

Clean house and get new professional and patient management. Look into a good training program.

NFI Industries2017-06-29

"Solution Developer"

Solution De in Voorhees, NJ

I have been working at NFI Industries for more than a year

Pros

Great Work Life Balance, Most employees are really nice

Cons

Upper Management sometimes is incompetent, and fight with each other

NFI Industries2017-03-13

June 1, 2017Corporate Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback; we’re glad to hear that you are having a great work balance. Thanks again and I will be certain to share your feedback with the leadership team.

4. "OK Company with little movement"

Current Employee - IT Professional

I have been working at NFI Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

GREAT People, at least in the IT Department Easy transition from internships to full time.

Cons

Every team is for themselves, no shame in throwing others under the bus Low pay ( at least for IT teams) Average Benefits Change of all upper management this year for IT has lead to low morale Almost 0 room for moving up, family owned business.

NFI Industries2016-08-24

August 26, 2016Corporate Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts. We are always looking for ways to make improvements, and I will be certain to share your feedback with the leadership team.

"Lose cameras"

Truck Driver

I have been working at NFI Industries for more than 3 years

Pros

I am at a loss to think of any pros at this point.

Cons

Drive cams have created an atmosphere of anxiety for many drivers especially seasoned veterans. Clearly it is another way for upper management to line their own pockets at the drivers expense.

Advice to Management

Remember that it is the drivers that make it possible for the rest of you to have your jobs. When drivers are constantly looking over their shoulders for fear of being flagged over nonsense it makes it harder for us to be effective and efficient.

NFI Industries2015-10-24

"Former employee"

Project Manager in Mount Olive, IL

I worked at NFI Industries for more than 3 years

Pros

great company to work for. Awesome owner growing company and should continue to grow. Loved working there. Employees at my level seemed friendly and knowledgeable. Plenty of opportunities to grow with the company great pay good bonuses.

Cons

SOME Upper management plays favoritism and if you don't play nice they will fire you. No decent insurance for the drivers. Opportunities seem to be handed off to others frequently but not offered to yourself. Can be overlooked if they want to tie you down to one position only. Also the company make the managers compete against each other instead of creating a help all relationship

Advice to Management

If you fire someone for a supposed policy violation then you should make sure the violation does not continue after the termination of one employee. Makes NFI look like crappy company with no guidelines.

NFI Industries2015-08-17
  7. "OK company, Terrible Communication"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at NFI Industries full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Nationwide Company -Some advancement opportunities -As long as it's a NFI owned building you're golden, being a 3PL if it's a customer owned building, well good luck.

Cons

-Upper Management does not communicate with the regional directors or GM's enough -Raises are virtually non-existent and you're expected to be grateful for the 1-3% you MIGHT get.

Advice to Management

-Follow through on your promises, don't tell someone they'll get a review/raise as part of an offer and then balk on it and make the person wait an extra 3 months to get it. That's why I left this company.

NFI Industries2015-08-20

"Decent Place to work"

I worked at NFI Industries full-time

Pros

For the most part your coworkers are pretty good people and if your lucky you might get a good manager.

Cons

Upper management does not really seem to take an interest on all of the employees especially the lower you are.

Advice to Management

Try to be more considerate of those below you and try to appreciate and recognize the efforts of your hard working employees

NFI Industries2015-07-10

"Horrible Upper Management - Unfair."

Former Employee - Anonymous in Lathrop, CA

I worked at NFI Industries full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good co-workers made for a pleasurable environment

Cons

No support from Upper Management

Advice to Management

Stay Away!!!!!

NFI Industries2014-10-07