NFM Lending "nfm lending" Reviews | Glassdoor

NFM Lending Employee Reviews about "nfm lending"

Updated Jan 22, 2018

4.4
NFM Lending CEO David Silverman
David Silverman
Pros
  • "NFM Lending is professional, relationship oriented and leaders in the mortgage industry(in 11 reviews)

• "They take each loan personally and understand how important the transaction is(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons that I have found since I began working here(in 11 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "nfm lending"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Westminster, CO

I have been working at NFM Lending part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

NFM Lending is professional, relationship oriented and leaders in the mortgage industry. They have systems in place that serve their clients well. They also work with their employees to insure a good work/life balance.

Cons

The mortgage industry in general is a high stress environment. There are many regulations to learn and constant education to keep up with changes. You are helping families with one of their largest investments and so there are emotions that can run high. It takes great diligence to take care of the clients needs as they go through the process. Employees should thrive in a fast pace, sometimes stressful... environment.

NFM Lending2018-01-22
  2. "Mortgage Loan Originator"

Current Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Columbia, MD

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

NFM Lending sense of family environment. They give all the tools needed to excel in my position. Always open to hear suggestions to advance the company.

Cons

Probably my one and only con is to be more competitive with rates for the higher end borrower. That being said, they just introduced a new ARM product that is priced more competitively for higher FICO borrower.

Advice to Management

Continue to be aggressive, yet compliance conscious. Keep being transparent. Allow for internal growth.

NFM Lending2017-12-19

"Made more money here then prior places!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Boynton Beach, FL

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been employed as a Branch Manager of NFM Lending for almost 3 years and a mortgage banker for almost 24 years. I’ve worked at a lot of great places over the years and NFM is at the top of the list. There is always a corporate officer willing to assist and senior management is always there for us. The marketing department goes above and beyond to help. They have a plethora of products, great rates and low fees.... They offer great health benefits and 401K matching. One of the biggest and best things NFM Lending does is listen. You may not get everything you want every minute, but over time, with commitment and loyalty, you see it back and with all my years in the business I have found that non-existent anywhere else. NFM is as close to perfect as possible for originators

Cons

Can't broker 24 years as lo and would be nice if we could but there has only been 2 I had to refer out over 3 years. Minimum loan amount 50 k. Had to refer 3 for loan amount. Doesn't matter for 99 percent of originators!

Advice to Management

Keep us bigger stronger and faster then the completion as u have!

NFM Lending2017-12-09
  4. "Mortgage Loan Originator"

I worked at NFM Lending full-time

Pros

Professional, caring, organized, knowledgeable, tech-savvy, on top of its industry on many levels - both from a corporate standpoint, and a locally.

Cons

Did not find any while I was there. My reasons for living were personal and had nothing to do with the management or support of NFM Lending.

NFM Lending2017-11-14
  5. "Great Mortgage Lender"

Current Employee - CIO

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time for more than a year

Pros

NFM Lending is a well-run enterprise that values great customer experience and encourages employees’ creativity and new ideas at all levels to help fuel growth

Cons

It is a small, friendly, fast growing business with a great culture. If you are looking for a formal, Fortune 500 environment, this may not be what you are looking for.

NFM Lending2017-10-20

"Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Linthicum, MD

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time for less than a year

Pros

Professional work environment, friendly people, nice new offices, great pay and benefits and supportive leadership. NFM Lending promotes healthy eating by providing free fresh fruit weekly. Amazing Company!

Cons

There are no downsides to working at NFM Lending

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing.

NFM Lending2017-10-05

"Incredible Company!!!"

I have been working at NFM Lending

Pros

I have been nothing but amazed with every aspect of this organization. After experiencing the most professional, swift and thorough new hire process, I thought it would be difficult for the rest of the company to be able to follow suit and satisfy my high expectations. However, NFM Lending and their home office has continued to exceed every expectation that I have had. They are the most knowledgeable in their... field, they adapt well to change, they are open to change and accepting of ideas from employees. The level of attention to detail and responsiveness in all departments is amazing! They truly care about their contribution to the industry, their employees and the community. I couldn't be happier to be part of this organization!

Cons

I have absolutely nothing to say that could be considered a "Con".

NFM Lending2016-11-12
  8. "Happy Loan Officer/Branch Manager in a Happy Branch"

Loan Officer/Branch Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at NFM Lending

Pros

14 years in business and finally found the right fit. NFM is big enough to be direct but small enough to get loans done. GREAT culture. Ops really does care. Predictable timelines in processing, underwriting and QC allow a predictable outcome. Working to simplify UW guidelines which is helpful. Allows for independence in branch and in branch systems. Competitive pricing is allowed. Management open to suggestions... and quick to act to create change. Company wants to work towards "excellence" and they really embrace the culture of being better tomorrow than they are today. Management is approachable and is top tier. Great recent new hires in new branches and new management. Owner and top management have great character and a passion for the business. HAPPY TO BE A PART OF NFM LENDING!

Cons

401K Match is the only thing that comes to mind.... Amazing the change the company has gone through in the past 3 years moving to a purchase business. Keep hiring outside talent! Employees stay at NFM so there is a need for fresh ideas and new blood which management is aware of. Keep that momentum going! We don't want to do all loans but we do need to keep implementing new products and niches. My branch and my... employees are the happiest they have been at any company we have worked within. Grateful to be here!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring professional loan officers and professional branches. Keep helping incoming branches with the transition as you have with our branch. Become the best at 2 million!

NFM Lending2016-04-27
  9. "Good stuff"

I have been working at NFM Lending

Pros

Lots of opportunity at NFM Lending. There is a good culture of everyone wanting to make things work.

Cons

Wish we had joined earlier.

NFM Lending2015-08-26
  10. "Senior Mortgage Loan Originator"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time for less than a year

Pros

The operations at NFM Lending is outstanding; the management team is always available and willing to step in and step up to rectify any unusual situation; the underwriting team is absolutely wonderful and exercise common sense underwriting; the processing team always assures that your loan file meets compliance to assure the company's reputation. Out of 28 years, I can't ask to work for a better company.

Cons

I should have worked for NFM Lending years ago!

Advice to Management

Keep employing positive people who make up a GREAT team!

NFM Lending2015-08-25