NFP Reviews in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
NFP Chief Executive Officer Douglas W. Hammond
Douglas W. Hammond

Pros
Cons
  • Low pay, office politics, lack of upward movement available (in 4 reviews)

• Some senior management do not get along (in 4 reviews)

"Great company"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Austin, TX

I have been working at NFP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, nice office, happy coworkers, team building activities, jeans on Fridays

Cons

No company-provided snacks, location on 360 is undesirable, casual dress and WFH are not as widely accepted here yet. The Austin job market is competitive and many employers allow WFH.

Advice to Management

Consider work from home options and casual dress every day.

2. "Compliance Officer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Small independent broker dealer where you can learn the business and move up in your career.

Cons

None at this time

"HORRIBLE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

There are some nice people that work there.

Cons

If I could give this company a less than 1 star rating, I would. Terrible environment. Run, don't walk away!

Oct 12, 2016 – Executive Vice President, Chief HR Officer

We’re very concerned to see your comments and take seriously our commitment to creating a great culture for all our people. We invite and sincerely want all feedback so we can constantly improve. We ... More

5. "Compensation Analyst"

Current Contractor - Compensation Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - Compensation Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at NFP as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

work schedule, holidays, and direct Management

Cons

poor communication between management and employees, mild work culture

Advice to Management

develop closer relationships with employees, and keep lines of communication open with employees.

"Incredibly formative internship experience"

Former Employee - Intern in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Austin, TX

Pros

Most formative internship experience I've had. Through the internship program and relevant to my position, I received training and development which opened the door to many opportunities I didn’t know existed prior to my experience. My internship was hand-on work in a cross-functional environment; it was rewarding to see how my efforts benefitted the company overall.

Additionally, there’s plenty of opportunities to build relationships with high level executives. While also learning about the workings of corporate culture, my skill sets were strengthened because the executive team was genuinely interested in the company’s interns. This was a highlight for me. Executives and co-workers also have great interests personal tastes (music, literature, film, food, etc), and I genuinely enjoyed spending time with them outside of work. These things are important to me, so this additional component was neat.

If you’re interning here, be sure to ask employees out for lunch, coffee, or drinks (if they haven’t already asked you). They are glad to invest their time into you and will do all they can to guarantee your success in future endeavors. In all, I finished my internship with excitement about my future.

Cons

Communication was lacking at times, especially concerning future employment opportunities. Some employees had been sitting in the same desks with the same positions for years, and I wasn’t sure if this was because of work ethic or reasons out-of-their-control. The company is constantly acquiring new businesses and this certainly has an effect on who moves up, who stays, and who goes. Despite receiving offers elsewhere, I would have loved to have continued working at NFP after graduation (and expressed this) but it seemed that the stars had to align perfectly for an opportunity to be made available.

Advice to Management

Provide more feedback to interns. Be honest about whether future opportunities within the company are available or not, and why.

Aug 1, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Analyst

This is super helpful, thank you for sharing your thoughts! We’re constantly working on improving our program to build the best experience for our interns. Part of that process includes opening up ... More

"NFP"

Current Employee - Vice President in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Austin, TX

I have been working at NFP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

NFP has a great culture and brand. Employees understand the direction of the company and work to achieve results.

Cons

Difficult to view benefits and PTO time internally. They are beginning to transition to a new system.

Aug 1, 2016 – Director

Thanks for the review. We’re working hard to build NFP’s people centric culture. Bringing up a new HRIS isn’t easy, but we’re getting there. Thanks for your patience.

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at NFP full-time

Pros

NFP provides plenty of opportunities to help build your career and achieve success. I am going on four years with the company and have always felt that I was more than just a number as other companies tend to make you feel. Management take time to work with you and you are provided a challenge daily. All in all, one of the best places I've worked.

Cons

Location is probably the worst part of NFP. It is located south Austin on 360 and traffic does tend to get heavy. Depending on where you are traveling from, it could take an hour to arrive so plan accordingly.

9. "Human Resources"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Austin, TX

Pros

Flexible hours, engaging projects, highly professional managers

Cons

Hourly wage is not the highest at the beginning, but there is opportunity for career growth

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

10. "Brokerage Account"

Current Employee - Brokerage Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Brokerage Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at NFP (More than a year)

Pros

Management is flexible on hours worked and if they are in the office or not.
    People that work up there are nice.
    Take the 7/24 as many times as you want but not many others.

Cons

Lots of overtime required
    Management knows there's a people issue but hire temps instead of full time employees.

11. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Austin, TX

I have been working at NFP (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture. Executive team is very dedicated to the employees and leadership is given the ability to run the business.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep helping employees find their place and be successful.