NHS Reviews in Amersham, England | Glassdoor

1.0
NHS CEO Simon Stevens
Simon Stevens

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance and flexi-working are very beneficial (in 23 reviews)

• Good work ethic and good pension (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • I don't believe there are any cons but if you don't like working long hours or people this really is not the job for you (in 39 reviews)

• No work/life balance and no appreciation for the hard work put in (in 15 reviews)

1. "Adminstrator"

Current Employee - Administrator in Amersham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Administrator in Amersham, England (UK)

I have been working at NHS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Pay peanuts you know what you get.

Cons

Just a joke. Nearly two months on and I still do not have access to all the software required to do the job. Not allowed to answer the phones as it is not in my grade, ridiculous, so the phone just rings. Training is non existence, just another member of staff who wants you to do it their way. All you hear all day is we are so busy. No they are not they are just disorganised and the management are tucked away in their little offices. Someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

Advice to Management

Too many people hiding behind desks and moaning about work loads. Wake up and get decent managers who know how to manage and take control of a dept instead of bleeting like their staff. Move into the 21st century and use other people ideas and skills and move with the time. Too many part time staff equating to more than required if you used full time staff in stead. Would save the NHS a fortune. Career propsects only happen if the manager likes you.

Showing 1 of 726 review