NHS Professionals Administrative Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

NHS Professionals Administrative Reviews

Updated 18 Oct 2019

1.5
NHS Professionals CEO Nicola McQueen
Nicola McQueen

"THEY DON'T PAY YOU ON TIME AND YOU HAVE TO CHASE PAY"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Manchester, England

I have been working at NHS Professionals part-time for less than a year

Pros

currently looking elsewhere for work

Cons

You don't get paid on time. You don't get the correct pay. You have to keep an eye on your holidays because they sometimes don't add that one either. You have to chase them. Sometimes your shifts aren't put on in time for you to release for payment so you end up going 2 weeks without pay. When you chase it up you are on the phone for hours. When you do get through the call centre staff are rude.

Advice to Management

Just sort your whole system out and pay people for the shifts they work on time.

NHS Professionals2019-10-18

"Good ideas, not the best workplace"

Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at NHS Professionals full-time for less than a year

Pros

-pay was above minimum wage -option to work more shifts

Cons

-have to rely on manager to release shifts which don't always get released on time. Shifts can only be released after the shift is completed so if you work weekends and the managers works in the week it can mess up when you get paid. -expected to work above your pay grade. -not enough work to do for the hours employed for. -stressful environment: whether on the wards or in an office, everyone is stressed and is... taken out on each other. I've asked questions to be answered in an unnecessarily sarcastic tone or just ignored. - staff - can be hit or miss, some are lovely and others will just ignore you or take a dislike to you for no reason, seen this from lowest bands to the higher bands. Management can be patchy and you feel like they're waiting for you to do something wrong. -NHSP - never heard from the recruiter again after I got the job, occassionally get texts about new jobs but otherwise nothing. -no career progression -IT - so many issues and took ages to get set up. -training - expected to complete outside of work and takes several hours for online training (unpaid).

Advice to Management

Make sure to release shifts on time. Step in when you see workers gossiping about each other instead of joining in. Don't talk down to staff. Make staff feel valued.

NHS Professionals2019-08-20
  3. "All pre employment training unpaid"

Current Employee - Administrative in Plymouth, England

I have been working at NHS Professionals part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working possibilities and opportunity to fill a variety of roles.

Cons

Expected to complete 15+ hours of training without pay to join the Bank. Other NHS Banks pay minimum Band pay for all training undertaken.

Advice to Management

You should follow the example of other NHS Trusts and pay for training.

NHS Professionals2019-09-03
  4. "Don’t bother"

Former Freelancer - Administrative Assistant in Southampton, England

I worked at NHS Professionals for less than a year

Pros

I can’t find anything to praise this organisation

Cons

Lots very hard to get any information no briefing as to how to log your hours so you don’t end up getting paid, staff in the office inSouthampton General rude and unhelpful. Watford ok but the don’t update your learning or occupational health so they stop your wages even if you have completed everything. Stop your wages when your criminal record check has not been received even though you filled in the forms nearly... three months prior and they just did not send them off

Advice to Management

Get your staffed fully trained on how to deal with its temps, they lack empathy and are rude

NHS Professionals2019-01-23

"Fake admin job role on contract"

Current Employee - Administrative in London, England

I have been working at NHS Professionals full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are non-pros at all

Cons

The job role I do is different from what is in the contract. I have to attend to the mental health patient when I am not trained and the contract says non-patient contact. I wish I never applied at NHSP at all or applied for the job role.

NHS Professionals2019-01-15

"Constantly swept under the rug"

Current Employee - Administrative/Clerical in Birkenhead, England

I have been working at NHS Professionals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, good holiday system in which you earn your hours to be paid instead of annual leave

Cons

- the system to pay employees is ridiculously convoluted, it involves multiple steps: 1.You or the department manager putting the shift on with the correct hours 2. Them confirming you worked that shift 3. You signing that shift off. If all that is done prior to midnight on a sunday you will get that pay next friday, it may sound simple but it seems like the system isn't explained to management, and I myself... struggled to grasp it for a while. -the sickness policy is insane, previously if I cancelled a shift 10 hours before a shift was to begin there would be no issue, but in what instance do I know I will be ill the next day? And why would my manager be in the office at 10pm? Cancelling a shift within the 10 hours prior results in a strike against you, I have previously had a p45 automatically sent to me via email due to a misunderstanding with this system, which is a pretty scary thing to realize is completely automated. They have recently made the window for a strike against you 24 HOURS. - I was NEVER told about the holiday system and eventually found it myself after having lost 140 hours+ holiday time, there is a lot pushed under the rug and they get away with a lot of money you are due. - the agenda for pay change did not come in to affect for me and I lost out on monetary payback that I should have been owed, apparently due to my own fault despite nhsp not putting in any effort to actually inform their staff. You may notice the lack of updates on the news section of the NHSP site. - as others have mentioned, attempting to actually contact NHSP is a tremendous effort that results in being passed about to different departments and repetitive 4 chord waiting music.

Advice to Management

Sort our your pay system and actually reward constant employees rather than 50 quid amazon vouchers every now and then. Revamp your sickness situation, constantly working employees shouldnt have to be punished for getting ill in an environment designed to house sick people, you are making this sytem worse. Be up front with the benefits, make people more aware of the holiday system, and stop being sneaky

NHS Professionals2018-11-13

"Good pay and Flexible but bad and long sign up system"

Current Employee - Administrative and Clerical in London, England

I have been working at NHS Professionals part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible, website is easy to use, get paid weekly when you release your timesheet. You can get many opportunities working in the NHS with NHSP.

Cons

The application process is extremely long, the call system if there is a problem is usually long winded and difficult. Multiple departments for different aspects of the applications which complicate things. They have lost my contract in which I had to complete another, they lost my baby immunisation cards, they delete you of of the system after a year of inactivity which caused multiple problems when trying to... reopen my account this has caused 3 months without pay. You have to go to a training day, in which they lost the attendance sheet, so I had to go to another which is a day event. The online training is long and arduous which had to be done again when reopening account. Online training takes a few days to complete.

Advice to Management

You need to sort out the system as a whole and revamp it for new applicants or returning workers as it causes a lot of hassle and effort.

NHS Professionals2018-09-01

"Bully/Liar"

Former Employee - Occupational Health Administrator in Watford, East of England, England

I worked at NHS Professionals full-time

Pros

Lovely colleagues free tea coffee That's about it

Cons

Managers are bullies/ lies..HR and management stick together. Worst organisation to work for..high staff turnover. Micromangement.. Worst organisation to work for.

Advice to Management

Stop bullying staff, that way you can retain staff

NHS Professionals2018-09-18

"NHS Unprofessionals"

Former Employee - Administrative Bank Staff in Hemel Hempstead, England

I worked at NHS Professionals full-time for less than a year

Pros

Convenient work location, flexible hours

Cons

Very long time to process registration documents for bank workers

Advice to Management

Speed up registration process, provide helpful assistance to bank workers

NHS Professionals2018-01-12

"Good pay"

Former Employee - Administrator in Worcester, England

I worked at NHS Professionals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay and holiday pay Training provided The in house administrators were helpful Good chance to gain experience Can be flexible

Cons

Would get letters threatening to end the job if my manager put in the system that I was ill in the incorrect way which was stressful Can be a lengthy process getting registered Can see things in a black and white way

Advice to Management

I don't know what to put here, just thank you for giving me a job. I gained a lot of experience.

NHS Professionals2017-06-07