NICE Actimize Reviews | Glassdoor

NICE Actimize President Joe Friscia
Joe Friscia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • More needs to be done for career path (in 6 reviews)

• Need to manage your own work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company for the right person"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at NICE Actimize full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Product leader in many markets. Managers take time to provide constructive feedback. Leadership team is very accessible. Everyone works hard, supports and cares about each other. Good compensation and benefits.

Cons

Getting set up with internal systems took longer than expected.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on hiring the right people to reduce turnover, ensure each line of business has adequate support, and aggressive goals set by leadership are met. Provide employees with the tools and systems required to improve effectiveness (I.e. Salesforce, Adobe professional applications, Marketing automation, etc.).

"Senior Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at NICE Actimize full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office, nice people

Cons

Management is not in touch with employees. It's a very hirerarchial organization. Healthcare costs keep going up every year but they do not give you a salary increase. There is no work life balance. They moved the work to India in our team last year but now we are working longer hours and they have not replaced the people who left in my team. It's a very top down company and management is disconnected from the ground. You contstantly are listening to clients complain about our software but we never fix the issues. They keep telling employees that the company is doing great but there is no investment in people. I would not recommend this organization to people in tech.

Advice to Management

Make communication two way. Provide better benefits. Management needs to spend more time with employees. Stop communicating top down. Invest in the employees.

"Solution Architect"

I have been working at NICE Actimize full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting work, smart people, flexible schedule, great views of manhattan from the new Hoboken office.

Cons

Very high turnover rate, limited access to product experts in Israel, Professional Services is high pressure working with clients.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees.

"It's ok if you're over 45 and like mind numbingly boring uncreative work"

I have been working at NICE Actimize full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice view, nice office, management seems nice enough,

Cons

Bad benefits, sub par salary, no opportunity for growth within job, no real vision for the company beyond making a bit more money each quarter, generally poor hours especially given the new hoboken location, no culture, everyone is territorial and guarded

"Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at NICE Actimize (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working for the market leader in its space is a big advantage in itself . The field is continuously high on the agenda and in the news which makes the Actimize products always very relevant for the market and allows you to work with cutting edge technologies. While working here is usually very faced paced and you are challenged to bring your best problem solving skills at any given day - the environment is fairly relaxed and a good atmosphere. The people you work with are smart and really make you part of the team. Management is relatively accessible and open to listen to you.

Cons

Long hours.
    More needs to be done for career path.
    Depends on direct manager - Micro management with some managers.

Advice to Management

Senior Management should be more in touch with the people who work in the field. Managers should not only listen but also show what is being done with ideas or suggestions being the people offer.

"Tech Lead"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at NICE Actimize full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Leading their sector, never saw anyone fired due to cuts. Hiring awesome talent, very smart, but not arrogant people. At least a couple of people I know moved to Google after.
    Great technical leadership, always trying cutting edge technology at the CTO office. But very business focused. Actimize is a bit more fun than NICE in general, still have their own smaller company spirit. Great perks, tuition reimbursement, free snacks etc. flexible hours. I think they have pretty fair compensation market-wise. One of the few companies I saw where people leave and come back after a couple of years. I've seen at least 5 such cases. Many people here stay for years. Stable, winning, innovative company. Leadership is pretty good, very little office politics. Good people get promoted for their merit.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive but with the other conditions combined it's a pretty great company.

Advice to Management

Retention of talent, we can do a bit more to keep good people after they had their 5 years itch.

Career framework and career growth is critical to this.

A lot is done but more can be done.

Perks are improving but we want more!! :)

"Not more than OK"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

I have been working at NICE Actimize (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with. The company is currently a market leader. A very good work/life balance.

Cons

There is no career path (although the company keep talking about it in the past 6 years). Weak management team. You cannot trust the communication from the top down. Management does not willing even to listen to feedback.

Although the company is doing great, poor bonuses, and raises.

Advice to Management

Really try to listen to your employees.

"Old Tech"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at NICE Actimize full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The business is very stable. The espresso machine is good, and there is free peanut butter and garlic salt. New offices in Hoboken are spacious.

Cons

Actimize was acquired by NICE several years ago, and NICE has been converting what was a motivated start-up into a cash cow by moving resources away from product and skills development and into glossy brochures. There are not good opportunities for engineering skills development and knowledge sharing, and the idea of best practices is mostly just an idea -- I have seen some of the worst code of my entire career at this place. There is no incentive to learn new skills. Engineering is mostly stuck in tech that's over a decade old. Most of the software jobs have been shipped to India, where vast amounts of poor-quality code can be produced for a low price.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing -- it's clearly good business.

"Very dissapointing"

Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at NICE Actimize full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Working for a market leader gives you job security
    - Flexible work environment with ability to work from home
    - Co workers and first line management are nice and helpful

Cons

- No career path and people leaving all the time
    - Upper management treats us like idiots telling us that moving from Manhattan to Hoboken is so that they better integrate with Nice Enterprise when we have nothing to do with them and that we are lucky to be working in beautiful Hoboken. No messaging about extra commute time and expense.
    - Benefits are below par.
    - Getting answers from product about the workings of their systems is quite difficult. You need to post on yammer and hope you get an answer.
    - Systems are impossible to implement and could take months.
    - Training is very poor
    - bonuses are poor and raises intermittent

Advice to Management

Treat the employee base better -

"Could not care less about its employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Job security, reasonable work-life balance, feels good to work for a market leader, option to work from home from time to time.

Cons

With the last couple of years being great in terms of revenues and profits, benefits have only gotten worse. HR and management is trying to make us feel like we're working for Google (calling us "NICE'rs" or "Actimizers") but nothing else feels like Google. Health insurance costs go up every year, parties that used to be held in midtown Manhattan are now being held in NJ, office events feel like a sad joke, annual kickoff got canceled.

And just recently management announced that we'll be moving from our Manhattan Broadway office to Hoboken, NJ, ignoring the vast majority of employees who will have to spend an additional hour per day on commute (and pay twice as much for it). The company received millions in tax benefits for this move but the official message to the employees was that we're moving so we can better collaborate and exchange ideas with a NICE office in NJ (with whom we have nothing in common and 95% of the people don't work on the same things). We are not idiots.

Advice to Management

Stop patting yourself on the back for being the market leader and start taking care of the employees that made you the market leader.