Cover image for NICE CXone

Part of NICE
Engaged Employer

Add a Review

NICE CXone Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Dec 2, 2021

NICE CXone President, CEO, and Director Paul Jarman
Paul Jarman

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of NICE CXone and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Apr 1, 2021 - Designated Support Engineer (DSE) in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great place to work! Overall a very fun atmosphere, with activities, free food, and great people. On top of that they are very professional and know how to get things done.

Cons

Typical office politics and drastic changes depending on changes in management over a department. They sometimes still operate like a small company when they should act like a large enterprise.

HR Generalist

Thank you for your review. At NICE inContact, we enjoy lots of fun and engaging activities, from team events, to celebrating local happenings and holidays, special CEO initiatives and competitions, and more. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you are enjoying your journey with us.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Pros and Cons. Great Culture and Technology - poor compensation and work load.

May 26, 2021 - R&D in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, some teams have good work/life balance, challenging work and modern technology. Lots of knowledge/growth opportunities for your skill sets. The company does a lot of great events and promotions (parties in the park, Jazz games, fun competitions etc).

Cons

Below avg compensation for existing employees - it's the classic to get a relevant raise you must leave the company scenario. Corporate sells the idea of "reward our top performers" which results in a few individuals getting great raises but the majority of employees do not get relevant increases. Too many projects that go unfinished (the number of 80% finished projects is out of control) - also the "we bought a new company" before we've finished implementing the last one scenario is hard. Nice corporate/enterprise group is difficult to work with and always requests after hour meetings, even if not driven by Nice, syncing with our our offices gets rough over time. Too strict on relocation and future work from home options - company promoting that a hybrid solution is the only choice but completely ignoring full WFH/Remote options. Company is large enough that being able to influence change/process can be difficult.

14 people found this review helpful

HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We at NICE CXone pride ourselves on our "pay for performance" culture. We have multiple processes in place to review our employee's performance and reward them accordingly. We recommend that you reach out to your HR Business Partner to discuss your specific concerns further.

3. Join the NICE CXone team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great people

Dec 2, 2021 - Software Director in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working with great people

Cons

Lack of focus on priorities

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

This company is accelerating fast

Nov 18, 2020 - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company growing hyper fast great people to work with When a company is growing there is great opportunity for career growth We have an awesome activity committee that help to have great culture Team is flexible in work/life balance CEO of inContact is one of the best I feel valued as an employee

Cons

controlled by Israel company which sometimes slows down various process vs we like to move faster

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Does not pass the smell test

Mar 22, 2021 - Project Manager in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some really great people working in the trenches.

Cons

Let’s start with a summary and you can continue reading if you want more detail about why you should never work for this company. Summary: This company is a PR campaign that works very hard to convince you that what you’re smelling is actually roses. You will be inundated with messaging that this company is something special, deserving of near-religious awe at how innovative, progressive, and ready to “partner for success” it is going to be with you. It puts so much effort into this smokescreen that the company at large almost seems to believe it. In reality, however, this organization seems to be a company that has not figured out how to transition from being a small company to a pretty decent sized one and it shows anywhere you look for more than a second. The company will try to hard-sell you on the notion that its products are something special, that they are “industry-leading”. In reality, they are nothing special. Not only are their services widely replicated but some competitor does nearly everything this company offers but in a more robust and stable way. But you probably came here to find out what it’s like to work for NICE. Let me assure you that it’s anything but nice. Interviews: During the interview process you may notice that they try too hard to convince you why they are a great company to work for. If you believe their spiel, I have some great igloos in Texas to sell you. But one of the main lies they’ll try to sell you on is how they’re going to “partner for success” with you. Onboarding: It’s an absolute disaster. Supposedly you will be given a mentor. Count on that person to be well-intentioned but so overworked that they simply do not have time to help you learn. Unless you have come from one of our competitors you will be expected to learn a lot of industry-specific jargon, concepts, and architecture paradigms that you won’t encounter elsewhere. Since you won’t be able to count on your mentor you’ll be expected to go to the “KB”. This is a dumping ground of documents that are usually outdated, poorly executed, and that assumes you already possess the knowledge that you do not yet have context for. You can read this stuff till your eyes bleed and be only slightly better informed but likely way more confused than when you started. Your management will tell you that they’re more than happy to help you in any way they can but this company thrives on hollow platitudes and assurances never backed with action. Regardless, you will be pressured to take on projects even though management will acknowledge that you have not been trained. Projects: Every project you touch will have been poorly scoped, rife with false promises, and usually low-balled to the point that you’ll be the first person to do any realistic expectation setting with the customer. Every project will be a fire drill of unrealistic deadlines and products that seem to never function well or to be sufficiently robust for the enterprise space in which they are marketed to. Way too much of every project will be a one-off and the company will be your biggest impediment to actualizing. Every project I’ve been a part of or have watched others have to deal with can be summed up as a cart before the horse monstrosity that cares only about getting the monthly recurring charges initiated no matter how garbage the implementation is. Your customers will be told that you are a dedicated resource despite you having several other projects to contend with. Day to Day: Expect no care for your time. The amount of busywork you must endure because Nice’s systems are a mess is mind-boggling. You will end up on “naughty list” reports constantly because their systems are such a cluster and lack any real visibility that no one can really make sense of them. Want a lunch? Good luck, that’s the companies favorite time to book meetings that are 80% of this should have been an email, 10% this has nothing to do with me, and 10% more please please drink the Kool-aide. Want to take time off? Don’t expect any help with your projects, especially not from management. Politics: I’m not sure what analogy to go with here. Is it better to equate it to high school drama or a Washingtonian cesspool? Middle management: Here you will find a plethora of people less useful than the chairs they sit in. Their defining traits seem to be a capacity to spew catchphrases but who do nothing discernibly productive or helpful. Raises & Bonuses: Nope! Despite this company bending over backward to congratulate itself on its “record growth” every quarter you won’t see that trickle down. Even if you get a very good annual review you will get stiffed on a raise and the bonus system guarantees you’ll get a paltry fraction of the “potential”. In conclusion, I get that if you need a job you need a job but if you have another option, I’d encourage you to take it. Because I promise that if you look behind the curtain here you won’t like what you see.

16 people found this review helpful

HR Generalist

Wow! That’s a long review! With all due respect, we will stick to the hard facts, and they (our employee surveys) consistently show that there is great satisfaction with the leadership and communication of our managers. We hope you have found a new workplace that better suits you and wish you well in your career journey.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work, but don't expect to move up.

Apr 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Great environment. Demanding but satisfying work (if you're into that sort of thing).

Cons

Promotions are difficult to attain, and internal transfers between departments are strongly discouraged.

7 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Company

Mar 9, 2021 - Senior Systems Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Hours can be very long.

Be the first to find this review helpful

HR Generalist

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear that you worked with great people and that you enjoyed your career journey at NICE inContact. Our employee surveys consistently show great satisfaction with teamwork across the organization. We wish you luck in your career journey.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Ups, Major Downs

Mar 9, 2021 - Enterprise Account Developer in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, top of their field, industry leader, genuinely great software,

Cons

Bros club, upper management is out of touch, cloud software but want an in office environment required

4 people found this review helpful

HR Generalist

Hello, and thanks for leaving a review. At NICE inContact, our employee surveys consistently highlight our strong teams and management. Our position as the market leader also indicates the strength of our solutions and company. You are invited to reach out to your HR Business Partner if you would like to discuss any specific issues.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

All Reviews Are Accurate

Sep 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some great people Strong position in their market Good technology Great money-making opportunity for sales people Average pay and benefits The CEO is a good man who cares about the company and its people. Unfortunately, due to the acquisition by NICE, his influence has been greatly diminished.

Cons

Every review on Glassdoor is accurate. The 5-star reviews are true - that's what that person has experienced, thus far... It is also true that some of those are planted by HR. The scathing 1-star reviews are also true... Acquisition by NICE in 2016 has had negative effect on culture, and getting worse. The "clique-culture" is alive and well. As several reviews have mentioned; 90% of the employees who "earn" the Champions Club trip are the same people every year. Many people in the mid-to-upper management levels excel at "managing up", but struggle (and/or do not care) to manage those that report to them. However, they are safely entrenched because they make themselves look good to the VP and C-level - at the expense of those below them. Advancement opportunities are few and far between. New "performance-based" evaluation program is really a way to minimize raises and merit increases.

26 people found this review helpful

Manager Talent Acquisition

Finding the right words and time to respond to these reviews is daunting so the mere thought of planting words in anyone else’s hands is laughable. No time for collusion or fake news in the inContact HR department. There are accurate accounts reflected on Glassdoor. The beauty of such a channel is people are left to make up their own minds based on the information at hand.

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Quickly growing, lively, up-beat environment

Feb 16, 2014 - Systems Administrator - Production/Operations in Midvale, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive environment with great people, heavy focus on employee fulfillment from top down, company/team outings, company parties, prizes, opportunities to win trips, occasional catered lunches. The CEO Paul Jarman is the nicest guy! Paul will hold doors open for people, say "hi" to anyone as he passes them. Knowing that a guy like that is running the company says to me he will go to great lengths to ensure his employees are happy.

Cons

The Operations department can be rather demanding. The type of work can be rather mundane, redundant, and unfulfilling, and often requires late nights during the week for change controls. On-call can be rough, as NOC will call out for minor things that could have waited til business hours (however on-call does pay an additional $200 bonus). Advice: Don't apply for an operations job if you are looking to expand your skill set and technical knowledge. The most interaction you have with equipment will be calling in hardware failures and diagnosing problems by digging through logs or calling the vendor to dig through logs. If this doesn't bother you, it may be just what you are looking for.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with NICE CXone Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at NICE CXone? Share Your Experiences

NICE CXone logo

NICE CXone Careers

Cover image for NICE CXone

At NICE we are passionate about removing the friction between companies and consumers, creating extraordinary experiences that build brand...More

• Global Careers
  • Bunch of Brains
  • Sweet Benefits
  • Epic Culture

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

10 days ago

Events
While the whole world has its eyes set on Qatar for the FIFA World Cup, our NICErs from India have been closely following a different ball! NICErs from our Pune office showed off their sporting skills at the 6th annual Box Cricket Tournament! With 48 participating teams, 500 NICErs put on quite the show as they played their hearts out and cheered on their friends. Through each nail-biting match, the incredible strength and camaraderie of our NICE teams was the star of the show. It’s not a given that employees come together and share wonderful moments outside of the work boundaries, and yet, we see this all the time at NICE! Special shout out to Oceans Eight – our winning team – and to all the runner ups. Great cricket action!
Shared image

10 days ago

Employee Story
Meet Stephanie Mulloy! Stephanie has been a NICEr since 2009 when she began as an entry-level Client Services Representative. Since then, she has grabbed opportunities in Professional Services, Tech Support and Operations, but her biggest role change came in 2017 when she took up the role of Program Manager in an R&D unit – a whole new world for her! Instead of dealing directly with customers, she started interacting with internal teams such as services/support and R&D, to facilitate customer engagement. Earlier this year, Stephanie was promoted to Engineering Manager. She said, “I’ve been a NICEr for 13 years now so very little surprises me, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I love working in R&D! I always thought of this domain as a place for developers only, but I truly feel like I have found my place here in a support role. I really wanted to explore this new domain as I love trying new things and challenging the status quo”. Keep it up, Stephanie!
Shared image

NICE CXone Photos

+ Add Photo
NICE CXone photo of: inContact Corporate Headquarters
NICE CXone photo of: Employees can utilize our on-site fitness center, which includes weights, cardio equipment, showers, group classes, yoga, and a dedicated personal trainer.
NICE CXone photo of: We're excited to welcome our new team members to the NICE inContact family.
NICE CXone photo of: As a part of the summer activities, employees step away for a themed #socialhour! The event is the perfect opportunity to get to know everyone and share weekend plans.
NICE CXone photo of: #EVERYone
NICE CXone photo of: We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products. #EVERYone. 🌈
NICE CXone photo of: Every month teams throughout the company get together for a drink, dubbed NICE inContact social hour.

Expert Career Advice

Instructure Logo
Instructure

3.2

Compare

Glassdoor has 671 NICE CXone reviews submitted anonymously by NICE CXone employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if NICE CXone is right for you.