Cover image for NICE CXone

Part of NICE
Engaged Employer

Add a Review

NICE CXone Employee Reviews about "no one"

Updated Mar 22, 2021

NICE CXone President, CEO, and Director Paul Jarman
Paul Jarman

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of NICE CXone and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "no one"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Best job I've had in a while

Aug 19, 2019 - Technical Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The managers that I work for and with are good people, who gather input from their teams and make informed decisions. My manager trusts the team which opens up our willingness to do things outside the box. The team did a great job helping me get acclimated and up to speed quickly. It is an environment I can really thrive in. So thankful to be here!

Cons

No one is perfect, but nothing really comes to mind, I love coming in to work every day.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Does not pass the smell test

Mar 22, 2021 - Project Manager in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some really great people working in the trenches.

Cons

Let’s start with a summary and you can continue reading if you want more detail about why you should never work for this company. Summary: This company is a PR campaign that works very hard to convince you that what you’re smelling is actually roses. You will be inundated with messaging that this company is something special, deserving of near-religious awe at how innovative, progressive, and ready to “partner for success” it is going to be with you. It puts so much effort into this smokescreen that the company at large almost seems to believe it. In reality, however, this organization seems to be a company that has not figured out how to transition from being a small company to a pretty decent sized one and it shows anywhere you look for more than a second. The company will try to hard-sell you on the notion that its products are something special, that they are “industry-leading”. In reality, they are nothing special. Not only are their services widely replicated but some competitor does nearly everything this company offers but in a more robust and stable way. But you probably came here to find out what it’s like to work for NICE. Let me assure you that it’s anything but nice. Interviews: During the interview process you may notice that they try too hard to convince you why they are a great company to work for. If you believe their spiel, I have some great igloos in Texas to sell you. But one of the main lies they’ll try to sell you on is how they’re going to “partner for success” with you. Onboarding: It’s an absolute disaster. Supposedly you will be given a mentor. Count on that person to be well-intentioned but so overworked that they simply do not have time to help you learn. Unless you have come from one of our competitors you will be expected to learn a lot of industry-specific jargon, concepts, and architecture paradigms that you won’t encounter elsewhere. Since you won’t be able to count on your mentor you’ll be expected to go to the “KB”. This is a dumping ground of documents that are usually outdated, poorly executed, and that assumes you already possess the knowledge that you do not yet have context for. You can read this stuff till your eyes bleed and be only slightly better informed but likely way more confused than when you started. Your management will tell you that they’re more than happy to help you in any way they can but this company thrives on hollow platitudes and assurances never backed with action. Regardless, you will be pressured to take on projects even though management will acknowledge that you have not been trained. Projects: Every project you touch will have been poorly scoped, rife with false promises, and usually low-balled to the point that you’ll be the first person to do any realistic expectation setting with the customer. Every project will be a fire drill of unrealistic deadlines and products that seem to never function well or to be sufficiently robust for the enterprise space in which they are marketed to. Way too much of every project will be a one-off and the company will be your biggest impediment to actualizing. Every project I’ve been a part of or have watched others have to deal with can be summed up as a cart before the horse monstrosity that cares only about getting the monthly recurring charges initiated no matter how garbage the implementation is. Your customers will be told that you are a dedicated resource despite you having several other projects to contend with. Day to Day: Expect no care for your time. The amount of busywork you must endure because Nice’s systems are a mess is mind-boggling. You will end up on “naughty list” reports constantly because their systems are such a cluster and lack any real visibility that no one can really make sense of them. Want a lunch? Good luck, that’s the companies favorite time to book meetings that are 80% of this should have been an email, 10% this has nothing to do with me, and 10% more please please drink the Kool-aide. Want to take time off? Don’t expect any help with your projects, especially not from management. Politics: I’m not sure what analogy to go with here. Is it better to equate it to high school drama or a Washingtonian cesspool? Middle management: Here you will find a plethora of people less useful than the chairs they sit in. Their defining traits seem to be a capacity to spew catchphrases but who do nothing discernibly productive or helpful. Raises & Bonuses: Nope! Despite this company bending over backward to congratulate itself on its “record growth” every quarter you won’t see that trickle down. Even if you get a very good annual review you will get stiffed on a raise and the bonus system guarantees you’ll get a paltry fraction of the “potential”. In conclusion, I get that if you need a job you need a job but if you have another option, I’d encourage you to take it. Because I promise that if you look behind the curtain here you won’t like what you see.

16 people found this review helpful

HR Generalist

Wow! That’s a long review! With all due respect, we will stick to the hard facts, and they (our employee surveys) consistently show that there is great satisfaction with the leadership and communication of our managers. We hope you have found a new workplace that better suits you and wish you well in your career journey.

3. Join the NICE CXone team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee

Lacks Innovation

Nov 3, 2020 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Colleagues, manager and team - feel supported by manager/team Competitive Pay

Cons

-org leader touts “we want to be first-in-class marketing” but because it’s not a priority, there’s no dedication to innovation or testing and there are more than a few people on the team who are not “best in class” marketers - Senior management is hit or miss...one might rule by intimidation and publicly belittle, another might speak in riddles about what they know they want letting employees waste time and effort instead of being direct and others aren’t respected/have little say -If it’s not considered an org priority, good luck making it happen -MOPS is transactionally driven with little strategic thinking when it comes to tech stack and list segmentation -We are all so busy working on stuff and spending money on efforts that aren’t done well, smart or effective -It doesn’t matter if you accomplish a huge project with little recognition and work tirelessly for quarters at a time or if you’re smart and talented, you’ll be treated the same as the brainless people who meander through the day making their work everyone else’s problem...both are treated the same -no one cares about getting to know each other and there’s not a lot of opportunity to get to know anyone Little opportunity for advancement Poor healthcare/prescription benefits (particularly supporting mental health)

6 people found this review helpful

Global Talent Engagement Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share some of your thoughts. We are glad to hear that you have a great manager, colleagues and team. Our employee surveys consistently show that there is great satisfaction with teamwork across the organization and also with the leadership of our managers. At NICE inContact, we place great emphasis on innovation, with various events held throughout the year including our annual Sparkathon (hackathon) and more. Moreover, our position as the market-leader also underscores the value we place on innovation and being at the forefront of new developments and technologies. We recommend that you reach out to your manager / HR business partner in order to further discuss your specific concerns.

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Do you love micromanagement and unrealistic deadlines? Do you hate growing professionally? Then inContact is for you!

Nov 3, 2016 - Software Engineer II in Midvale, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can pretty much get away with anything because no one cares enough to enforce accountability here in R&D. Missed a deadline? No problem, we'll get someone else to do it.

Cons

No one want to read a long complaint, but heed my words: inContact doesn't care about you. All internal processes are painful and full of unnecessary burdens. The solution to crappy code is late night and weekend deploys instead of holding those who wrote it accountable. In my years at inContact I have received a salary bump of 1.5%, and you might think "wow, you must be a crappy employee", but look at many of these reviews and you will see a trend. The human resource department does nothing to remedy these problems and the executive team only cares about lining their pockets. On this note, when we moved to the new location, not all employees had chairs and were told just to stand for a few days until they could get some ordered. A broken A/C unit on the fourth floor hums and hisses all day long, leading to irritable employees and an even larger drain on morale. What was HR's response, you ask? "Embrace the hum". No joke. that is verbatim. This is the kind of competence you'll see if you happen to be employed by inContact. Management at the local McDonalds has a stronger sense of leadership and demands more respect than the higher ups here will ever be able to muster up.

17 people found this review helpful

Manager Talent Acquisition

inContact does have a pay for performance approach to compensation. As a result of this, employees that are not performing up to standards will not be awarded as much or at all. Strong performers love this type of culture and that’s what we are striving for. Employees had an option to choose their own chair when we moved into our new building. It was our way of giving you something you wanted but a few were delayed in shipment. Nobody had to stand but they did have to use older chairs. As far as the A/C we found the hissing snake!

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really good experience with the company. I felt like I made a lot of good friends

Aug 26, 2015 - Senior HelpDesk Technician in Midvale, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super good people. Good atmosphere for employees. Company is always trying to improve conditions for employees Company events to strengthen relationships.

Cons

Some people that have been there a while feel entitled. I think the company could benefit having mandatory leadership trainings for managers, directors and above. No one is perfect, but could help motivate and remove silos) I really didn't feel valued for most of the time I was there. I felt like I put in a ton of effort to do a good job... It felt like it was never acknowledged or appreciated. Perhaps it was because we were so busy. It only takes two minutes to send out an email and say thank you and maybe cc the team on those successes. Makes people feel appreciated

3 people found this review helpful

Team inContact

We appreciate your honest feedback and agree it is important to recognize and reward our employees. As for leadership training, we are in the process of rolling out a new program for managers and leaders to participate in.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Who needs morale, really?

Oct 19, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best people in the world!

Cons

Everything has gone downhill since NICE acquired inContact. No one ever really knows what to expect, since "the powers that be" are quite secretive about everything, but we're now always waiting for the other shoe to drop. We've lost our employee stock purchase program, cell phone reimbursement, and, for many, yearly merit increases. We've also lost a number of great developers who haven't been replaced. The morale is palpably low, but upper management continues to try to spoon-feed us the idea that everything is awesome. It saddens me to see a once pretty great company headed straight for the iceberg.

34 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Watch your back

May 20, 2014 - Director in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

inContact has few Pros,from my perspective. They allows a work at home environment, solid technology in many ways, and there is certainly a growth path available

Cons

Toxic political environment, where stabbing coworkers in the back is the norm. Rather than communicating opportunities for improvement in a way that causes growth, people attach like a pack of piranha when a mistake is made. This is primarily due to the executive committee acting the same way. Technology while OK, is typically built to the standard of "good enough." However, no one ever goes back and makes it better. Sales leadership has no problem with lying to customers to win business and beating up anyone who wants to insure that the customer knows the truth.

7 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Anyone in product, run away. Please learn from those that have left.

Aug 30, 2019 - Product in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small gym Sometimes is quiet, but not usually

Cons

Can confirm, they are pushing for employees to give positive reviews. Dont let these reviews fool you. Its just a sad place to work. No one is really that happy. Its a super weird vibe. You WILL get pushed around by NICE. Its awful. You cant just create what needs to be created. This company will just buy other companies on whim, just to "screw over" competitors. All reactive, no decisions made based off research or thinking critically about we SHOULD build.

10 people found this review helpful

VP Head of Product

Hello. Thank you for sharing your views, although it was difficult to read for many reasons. If you worked here during my tenure, I wish we could have spoken about your concerns. I respectfully disagree with some of your views, specifically those regarding “getting pushed around” and how we make product decisions. In high growth environments, it can be challenging to create clarity for everyone to understand the “why” behind what we do. I appreciate your feedback as it serves as a strong reminder to increase our communication efforts. I agree with you that there are many great examples out there in tech, and we will continue to learn from all of them. I sincerely hope you have found an environment where you no longer feel this way — all the best to you.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

A great place to work with a need for more vision

Dec 13, 2015 - Implementation Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

What a fantastic place to work. The teams that I worked with were very supportive of one another. A place where, in general, people are willing to drop what they are doing to help you out. There really is no need for management to step in in order to form camaraderie. (I would actually argue that the less management stepped in the better in this case). Sure, there were definitely cliques, but even some of those within the cliques were willing to step up and help out. Mr. Jarman sets the vision. His attitude is infectious and he has a way to inspire people. I think the rigors of being a CEO of a growing company have made him more aloof in recent years than he would like to be. Regardless, in his case, whatever his plan is with the company, I will be cheering him on. I would call the atmosphere and work-life balance mostly family friendly. If you are not willing to say no, you will be worked into the ground. Also, if you show talent, dedication, and a large threshold for stress, you will be asked to do some stressful things and/or work with stressful customers. From that perspective, this is a great place to work as you will be placed in situations of trust.

Cons

This is a hard section to write because I really did not want to leave inContact but I felt that I had no choice. The company simply does not make career advancement/planning a priority. The mantra from the CHRO is that you are charge of your own career. While no one disagrees with this statement, a truly great company would have some sort of mechanism in place to help employees along the career path, especially those who are not as well established in their careers. inContact, at least from my perspective, has no such mechanism. What hurt the most was that when I announced that I was leaving, there was absolutely no attempt to try and keep me. I had heard of others receiving counteroffers, etc. Now, I don’t want to exaggerate my meaning to the company, but I felt that I was doing good work. I had garnered some visible recognition during my time at inContact. Yet, when I spoke with my manager and the word was passed up to the director, and when I spoke with HR there was no meaningful attempt to see if they could get me to stay. This was a disappointment. I alluded to it before, but I left because there was no career path for me. You will often hear about companies having information silos. I feel that inContact has a problem with employee silos. Managers are loathe to give up a valuable contributor to another team for the sake of that person’s career. As such, management will usually absorb responsibilities that could be given to individual contributors, or handed out to a select few who are loyal to the team. They do not like people moving around the company. There is a perception that managers will even “block” one of their direct-reports from moving to a different dept. This perception may not be true, but when the perception exists, it is evidence of a culture issue and something that must be addressed. I did not want to leave inContact. I would have been perfectly fine with staying there for many more years. I genuinely loved working there, but I was stuck. I felt that I was trapped in my current position, pay grade, and job description and there was no one, not my manager, not HR that was willing to do anything about it. This is how I felt and it is why I left. There was no one who even tried to create a vision of what I could be at that company. The most damning thing is that as someone from who could influence this reads this review, I wonder if this even resonates and if they just accept 30% attrition in certain departments as a given. “We can always backfill the position.”

10 people found this review helpful
  11. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Sales

Aug 28, 2018 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good story with some good employees

Cons

They talk about valuing their people but their actions don’t support their words. No loyalty to people that have been there a long time. Promotions often don’t make sense. 3 years ago it was an amazing job - but a few bad eggs are taking the company in the wrong direction quickly. Many good people are leaving like in mass - no one used to leave this place.

16 people found this review helpful

Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry your experience at NICE inContact did not end as well as you’d have liked. We value all of our employees, regardless of how long they have worked here. We will continue to look to our leaders to drive that value to our employees as we change and grow.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews