Cover image for NICE CXone

Part of NICE
Engaged Employer

Add a Review

NICE CXone Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 23, 2021

NICE CXone President, CEO, and Director Paul Jarman
Paul Jarman

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of NICE CXone and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Product even better People!

Sep 10, 2021 - Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent pay and work life balance

Cons

I can’t think of any at this time.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Needs to Update Tools and Process

Oct 11, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Competitive Salary and Benefits * Good work life balance * Respectful Co-Workers

Cons

Want to premise this by saying this is a large organization and this is just my experience on my current team. May be different for others. * Out of date technologies * Monolithic code base * Relaxed culture makes communicating difficult * 100% remote leads to isolation * No real focus on training new engineers * Bastardized Agile process * No real opportunity for feedback * Poorly groomed tickets, no standards for acceptance criteria or group estimating process * Too many gates to accomplishing work. Lots of red tape and large organization feel * High turnover rate from what I've seen * Maintenance more than development * Huge QA bottleneck

2 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the NICE CXone team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee

Politics and poor product sense

Aug 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will have a decent work-life balance, and the office building is relatively new, it's in a decent location in sandy.

Cons

Since the company was acquired by NICE a few years ago, there has been constant politics between the parent company (NICE) and the child company (incontact, now rebranded to CXone). Since you will be working with NICE in Israel and India, you will have to do late-night calls or early morning calls from time to time. The organization overall is very sales-driven, and none of the product managers are aware of any product management principles or best practices, they are just a bunch of people who either have been in the contact center industry for a few years or been with the company for a long time or sometimes neither. Don't expect to learn good product management practices in this company. Some of the leadership people are also lacking leadership skills greatly... Just because they have the Director title doesn't mean they know anything about management or leadership. This company only values tenure (how long you've been with them), not the actual talent. You will see director level people with zero talent but BIG EGO. Not to mention the pay is so much lower than the industry standard, but they'd say you are trading good pay for job security, but I have seen quite a few people being let go. STAY AWAY unless you literally can't find another job.

14 people found this review helpful

NICE CXone Response

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Our employee reviews consistently show that there is great satisfaction with the leadership of our managers. We invite you to reach out to your HR business partner to discuss any specific issues you may have.

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A promising opportunity, but fell short.

Jul 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. I feel fortunate that I’ve met some amazing people. Specifically saying this about In Contact, not NICE. In Contact really seems to care. Paul is a great leader.

Cons

-Work life balance is a joke. - Managers need to be leaders! Be an advocate for your employees. Not an adversary. Take the time to listen to feedback and have meaningful relationships. If you want happy employees, hire managers who actually care. -Onboarding process is hands down the most disorganized I e ever experienced in my career.

7 people found this review helpful

HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are aware that the lines between life and work have become blurred since the world moved to remote work due to the global pandemic. We at NICE CXone, recognize the importance of balance and continue to offer a range of activities to support our employees globally. We invite you to approach your HR Business Partner to discuss any specific issues you have.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Pros and Cons. Great Culture and Technology - poor compensation and work load.

May 26, 2021 - R&D in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, some teams have good work/life balance, challenging work and modern technology. Lots of knowledge/growth opportunities for your skill sets. The company does a lot of great events and promotions (parties in the park, Jazz games, fun competitions etc).

Cons

Below avg compensation for existing employees - it's the classic to get a relevant raise you must leave the company scenario. Corporate sells the idea of "reward our top performers" which results in a few individuals getting great raises but the majority of employees do not get relevant increases. Too many projects that go unfinished (the number of 80% finished projects is out of control) - also the "we bought a new company" before we've finished implementing the last one scenario is hard. Nice corporate/enterprise group is difficult to work with and always requests after hour meetings, even if not driven by Nice, syncing with our our offices gets rough over time. Too strict on relocation and future work from home options - company promoting that a hybrid solution is the only choice but completely ignoring full WFH/Remote options. Company is large enough that being able to influence change/process can be difficult.

14 people found this review helpful

HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We at NICE CXone pride ourselves on our "pay for performance" culture. We have multiple processes in place to review our employee's performance and reward them accordingly. We recommend that you reach out to your HR Business Partner to discuss your specific concerns further.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee

Company Review

Dec 29, 2020 - Operations Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Work life balance is harder to come by

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

This company is accelerating fast

Nov 18, 2020 - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company growing hyper fast great people to work with When a company is growing there is great opportunity for career growth We have an awesome activity committee that help to have great culture Team is flexible in work/life balance CEO of inContact is one of the best I feel valued as an employee

Cons

controlled by Israel company which sometimes slows down various process vs we like to move faster

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, iffy upper management and future

Jul 14, 2019 - QA Engineer in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best people I've ever worked with, across multiple departments. Direct management also great to work under. Good facility and equipment. Decent work/life balance with a generous work from home policy. Lots of extra activities. Market leader and a good product.

Cons

Parent company, NICE, is cutting benefits, outsourcing and making questionable decisions. They give lots of prizes and parties to try and increase morale but when it comes to promotions, raises, benefits and anything that people really want they drag their feet. Multiple groups refuse to follow process and it causes lots of quality issues and inter-group drama. Parent company has little respect for QA. Thinks automation is the magic bullet to fix all their problems.

15 people found this review helpful

NICE inContact Team

This isn’t how we want any of our previous team members to feel. To shed some light on your review, we're on pace to promote more people this year than ever before. Our pay practices are determined by a set of guiding principles that are strictly followed, and we strive for equality and fairness. It's not perfect, but we're making good progress. We're proud that our team members provide feedback that determines our status as an employer. We're sorry that you didn't feel as though the company was continually improving. We are a values-driven company and take our values seriously. Our team members are aware that all of us, including our leaders, are measured by how we demonstrate our values every day. Thank you for the time taken to leave us a review.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I couldn't be happier with my experience at NICE inContact

May 1, 2019 - Staff Accountant in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture: I believe that culture starts from the top down. So, starting at the top, the CEO is a genuinely good human being. He leads by example. He works hard, he's extremely sharp and knows more about the company than probably any person who works for him. The culture reflects that. It's a very large corporation, and I think it's hard to keep a culture grounded when you reach a certain size, but in spite of this I really do see a specific culture permeating this place. The people are knowledgeable, professional, intelligent, and hard-working. But at the same time, there really is a smaller company feel because management goes to great lengths to show they value employees. I get gift cards and swag all the time. They gifted every single employee a Google Home Hub for Christmas, as well as a gift box with half a dozen other great little gifts as well. The company just capped off a "We Recog-NICE You" week where all were given gifts every day, and on Friday they rented out a nearby movie theater complex and the entire company went and watched Avengers: End Game on opening day. Stuff like that. I love the people I work with and I love the leaders I work for. I've been here a little over a year, and from everything I can tell, the culture is just getting better as the company puts more and more focus on giving back to employees. Compensation: I feel like I am valued and my compensation reflects that. I think they pay over industry standards, but maybe that's just me as I have no idea what others make. Product: NICE inContact is unarguably THE industry leader in our space, which is Cloud-based SaaS for contact centers. It is a profitable company, and as such there is a certain confidence that you can feel all around you while working - there is no undue stress to perform because the company is going under. I've worked in places like that, and it's not fun. inContact has a huge array of industry-leading products and we are constantly signing new, large customers. Trust me, it is VERY nice to work for the industry leader. Work-Life Balance: I feel like the culture encourages work-life balance while still expecting you to perform at a high level. I don't feel pressure to come in early or stay late. The only pressure I feel is to do my job well, which is exactly what any company should ask of its employees. On top of the above listed, there are really nice things like a Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong tables, very frequent company activities and events, desks that adjust height so you can sit or stand, etc. They don't skimp on things here.

Cons

I don't know if this is a con exactly, but I will say this: the company is huge. inContact is owned by a parent company called NICE based in Israel. The reason I say all that is, things are complicated here. I'm in accounting and I think it took me literally 6 months working here before I didn't feel stupid every day. There's just so much to learn, so much knowledge to absorb, so many systems to use, etc. It can be a bit daunting. But once you get the hang of it, doing your job can be a lot of fun, in my opinion.

12 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Top Notch Company

Mar 13, 2019 - District Sales Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom and flexibility to work in the manner that helps you find personal and professional fulfillment. Great incentives, compensation, and awards for strong production. Employees strive to provide excellent customer support.

Cons

This is a hot company and the demand for the product is high so keeping a work/life balance can be challenging at times.

6 people found this review helpful

NICE inContact Team

We hear you loud and clear. Thank you for the excellent review and constructive feedback. You're right, within a growing company of this caliber it is very challenging to keep balance, that's why balance is one of our highest priorities. We plan to continue incentives and are investing more into our current employees than ever before. Compensation, awards, internal growth, it will only get better.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with NICE CXone Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at NICE CXone? Share Your Experiences

NICE CXone Careers

Cover image for NICE CXone

As a leader in the emerging cloud contact center software industry, our company is part of something bigger than contact center technology....More

• Global Careers
  • Bunch of Brains
  • Sweet Benefits
  • Epic Culture

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

11 days ago

Employee Story
Meet Mehulmani Tripathi! He began his NICE journey back in 2015 as a Performance Engineer where he owned the entire performance testing process from scratch. After learning many new technologies – like AWS, Big Data, Tableau – in his NICE journey, he decided to pursue a new opportunity in the performance domain, and he’s never looked back! Mehulmani has only grown from strength to strength at NICE, where today he works as Tech Manager, Engineering. He says “It has been an exciting journey for me. I lead the performance and stability efforts, and also enjoy trying my hands on the latest and most advanced stability-related initiatives such as Chaos Engineering, Capacity Management and Performance COE Development etc”. Moreover, Mehulmani is confident about his future at NICE: “The company’s vision to expand in the space of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud and Digital, has opened doors for everyone working here. Together with ownership and support from the management, these career opportunities are exactly what tech professionals are looking for!”
Shared image

12 days ago

Company News
It's official! NICE is an AWESOME place to work!
Shared image

NICE CXone Photos

+ Add Photo
NICE CXone photo of: inContact Corporate Headquarters
NICE CXone photo of: Employees can utilize our on-site fitness center, which includes weights, cardio equipment, showers, group classes, yoga, and a dedicated personal trainer.
NICE CXone photo of: We're excited to welcome our new team members to the NICE inContact family.
NICE CXone photo of: As a part of the summer activities, employees step away for a themed #socialhour! The event is the perfect opportunity to get to know everyone and share weekend plans.
NICE CXone photo of: #EVERYone
NICE CXone photo of: We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products. #EVERYone. 🌈
NICE CXone photo of: Every month teams throughout the company get together for a drink, dubbed NICE inContact social hour.

Expert Career Advice

Instructure Logo
Instructure

3.2

Compare

Glassdoor has 668 NICE CXone reviews submitted anonymously by NICE CXone employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if NICE CXone is right for you.