NICE Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
NICE CEO Barak Eilam
Barak Eilam

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work life balance is very good" (in 47 reviews)

• "Opportunity to learn, Flexibility, great people" (in 31 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"90 days at NICE - I am truely loving the experiance of working at NICE"

Current Employee - Program Manager - GTC India Operations in Pune City (India)
    Current Employee - Program Manager - GTC India Operations in Pune City (India)

I have been working at NICE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee centric, Flexible work culture, Top down approach, Very clear strategy and roadmap, Believes in empowering team and leadership, Pay for performance. Flat hierarchy helps is close collaboration

Cons

Cant think of anything as of now

Advice to Management

- Continue the Employee centric culture you have imbibed in your organization. This is a +++++ NICE has and is also a Unique selling practice for its employees. It also helps in internal and external branding.

2. "90 Day Review"

Current Employee - National Account Executive in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - National Account Executive in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at NICE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am thoroughly enjoying my time at NICE. I have been here for 90 days and am very excited about working here. The support, across the board, has been fantastic. Everyone is here to support the effort and be part of supporting the sales effort at every phase. My boss is awesome; responsive, energetic, smart always available when needed. The depth of support and resources is very strong.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet. I look forward to getting up in the morning and working hard.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

3. "Solution Minded, growth company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at NICE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sales organization very metric and process oriented without a specific sales methodology. I like this since I learned a couple and like using Sandler best. Superb at training the sales staff newbie boot camp to weekly webinars.

Cons

Nearly impossible to be a market account executive and a product expert. Either own the customer relationship or own the solution.

"Rude work culture; below average benefits, comp and bonus"

Current Employee - Analyst in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at NICE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting technologies. Smart colleagues. Good schedule. Beautiful views from the NJ office to Manhattan.

Cons

Israeli/NYC management culture leaves a lot to be desired.

NICE is a very average employer in terms compensation, bonuses, benefits and work environment. They are making money hand-over-fist but seem to think the rewards should go to the executive suite and shareholders, and not to the rank and file employees. Arrogant.

In internal meetings people shout a lot and talk over one another. As a non-Israeli, this feels rude, unproductive and tiresome. As long as they keep importing management from Israel, I see this problem perpetuating. It makes the rest of us tune out and not bother sharing our ideas because to do so requires you to enter into the shout fest.

Advice to Management

Just because you’re a biggish tech company in NYC, doesn’t mean you’re the only show in town. Attrition seems high and recruiting appears slow. Many of your clients pay their FTE’s better and have richer benefit packages. I suggest you put focus on your comp & benefits and less on shareholder/executive rewards if you want to lead in the future. Your senior ‘knowledge workers’ are leaving. The rank and file don’t get options but are still expected to sing ‘rah rah’ for every new logo, sale or SOW signed. If you don’t share your success with the employees you’ll never get loyalty and retention. In the end you’ll continue to gravitate to being a very be average employer. Perhaps that is what management is content with.

"NO WORK LIFE BALANCE - Nexidia"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NICE full-time

Pros

They have great health benefits.

Cons

Literally no work life balance. Expecting someone to know the whole business model and function very quick without formal training.

Advice to Management

Live a little.

6. "Fast Paced Quick Learning"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NICE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Potential to make high commissions
    - Travel and expenses paid for
    - Incredible Learning Opportunity
    - Technology/Software Industry with room to grow

Cons

- Lack of support sometimes
    - Trial by fire attitude
    - Lack of proper communication
    - No formal training

Advice to Management

Make sure the sales team has the support and training they need to be successful especially when the bar is set high.

7. "Innovative"

Pros

Innovation is at the forefront; industry leader, part of technology pioneer

Cons

work life balance is challenging

"Winning is Everything"

I worked at NICE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Financially successful market leader. If you're in sales and eat, sleep, breathe the win-at-all-costs philosophy this is the place for you and you will be rewarded accordingly.

Cons

Parsimonious leadership that constantly boasts business success but won't reinvest in necessary infrastructure to sustain long term growth. A lot militaristic fear in the organization from hierarchy. "Barak says" is a common phrase to push what you want done. Strong, good leadership is pushed out of the organization if they differ in opinion from CEO and their teams/people quickly go with them. Turnover is a real issue particularly with some of the acquired companies like inContact (look up their Glassdoor page to see the pain). WORK/life 'balance' was not there for me. I was expected to attend meetings while on vacation, receiving WhatsApp texts any hour of the day/week and expected to reply.

Advice to Management

CEO's only work experience was in the military and at NICE, and it shows. I get it, NICE is a large, successful and respected company by Israel's standards. But the reality is the rest of the world hasn't heard of you, get over yourself. Simply being employed by you is not a godsend. The top negative sentiment throughout the organization is that it is hard to get things done. Make appropriate investments in your people beyond gimmicky prizes and events. Invest in back-end processes and tools that help getting the work done easier. Consider using the very tools you sell to others within your own organization.

9. "Sales VP"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at NICE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exciting everyday new ideas
    Unlimited Income
    Entrepreneur Spirit
    Team concept whatever it takes to solve the problem
    Customer First

Cons

Many solutions to sell must be willing to learn and expand your knowledge

Advice to Management

Keep expanding our addressable Market with technology and acquisitions

10. "The place to thrive..."

Current Employee - RVP Solution Sales in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - RVP Solution Sales in Washington, DC

I have been working at NICE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NICE is the place to show off your talents. Closing record sized deals with abundant resources and credible references. Leadership is consistent, strong, direct and warm. Incentives to perform exceptionally are the norm. A company of winners.

Cons

I had concerns initially with an Israel-based company and attitudes towards women and women leaders. NONE of it is true, I have found NICE to advance women and develop them for future leaders. Leadership embraces and encourages TypeA, enthusiastic, and direct communicators in the sales arena. That's me so it works.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring top talent and pushing for exceptional performance from product, service, delivery and sales!!