NICE Reviews | Glassdoor

NICE Reviews

Updated March 16, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance is challenging with the need to be available in various time zones (in 26 reviews)

• there was no work / life balance at all (in 10 reviews)

1. "Principal Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Fremont, CA

I worked at NICE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, benefits and balance of work and personal life.

Cons

Lack of direction and energy.

"Tier 1 Helpdesk"

Former Employee - Tier I Engineer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Tier I Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at NICE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cafeteria in the building has good food. The building is very secured for the protection of current employees from any upset laid of workers. HR department is a joke.

Cons

Poor management, company restructuring causes constant instability, constant lay offs to ship jobs overseas. Terrible company to work for!

Advice to Management

Managers create a tense uncomfortable environment that is akin to working for large corporate company. Management has no backbone and doesn't stand up for employees but instead bows to the corporate overlords. This company has let go great talented workers in exchange for low wages and poor customer service overseas. Soon the customer base will realize what NICE truly represents and offers to their not so valued customer base.

3. "HR Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at NICE (More than a year)

Pros

Great Start for a Intern!

Cons

I saw alot of turn over for other employees

Advice to Management

More Training

"Finance"

Pros

nothing comes to mind at this point

Cons

Management is not tune with employees needs.

6. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Good benefits including lots of sick time, personal days

Cons

acting slowly like a big company; lots of politics between organizations

"Great company. Bright future and momentum in all fronts. Exciting markets and amazing products"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at NICE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good compensation. Sense of energy. Engaging team. Treat good employees with fairness. Driving out low performers to uplift standards. New management transforming the company

Cons

Work hard but rewarding. If you are low performer orbit here to work you'll be let go fast. High standards

Advice to Management

Continue to take bold moves

"Standard Software Sales Roles"

I have been working at NICE (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is very competitive with a number of solid solutions that work well.

Cons

The company has grown through acquisition, so there are a lot of products competing for resources. It is sometimes tough to know who can help or hurt in a sales process.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Newark, NJ

I have been working at NICE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NICE is a great company. The people are amazing and the atmosphere is awesome. Is it hard sometimes? Yes. Is it busy? Yes. Will you get through it WITH your team and come out on the other side? Yes. The benefits are great! The compensation is on par if not better than most. The outlook is constantly getting better. The CEO and the people he surrounds himself with, know what they want to do and where they are taking this company, and it is exciting.

Cons

The Customer Support and Maintenance teams make it difficult on the sales teams, because they are lacking. The worst meeting is one where you go to an existing customer and talk about new things to buy, and the customer does nothing but talk about how terrible the "day 2" support is. I hope to see changes and something to be fixed in this area soon.

Advice to Management

Making the Support and Maintenance better at NICE would go a long way in making the company as a WHOLE preform better. "You are only as strong as your weakest link" and right now that LINK is Customer Support. NICE as a whole should expect MORE from that side of the business, and should take the proper steps to improve it ASAP.

Keeping the benefits where they are (not raising Employee health care pay out rates) or making them better (higher 401K match, cheaper rates on Health, etc.), will keep moral high.

"Company as awhole is good"

Former Employee - Tier II Systems Administrator in Parker, CO
    Former Employee - Tier II Systems Administrator in Parker, CO

I worked at NICE (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is on the leading edge of technology

Company continues to profit

Cons

I worked there for 5 years and in those five years I had 8 managers. The VP of support is useless and Managers see it right away and leave the position.

Support department is moving to India and all employees are treated as a number rather than a person

"AVOID! Run!"

Former Employee - Regional Account Executive
    Former Employee - Regional Account Executive

I worked at NICE full-time

Pros

The only pros I can think of are that I was able to fly to some great places, get a few cool gadgets, and meet some great coworkers who are still my friends. I am still friendly with some of my old customers too.

Cons

Everything about NICE was a CON!!

I was sold a bill of goods by my old manager and RVP. They told me that there was a lot of growth in my territory (i.e. upside) and I would make a lot of money. I quit a great paying job thinking the grass was greener but I walked into to a huge landmine with all of my accounts. The previous AE (who was very nice and made a ton of $$) just walked away from the nightmares and left me with customers screaming at me). I had service issues in all of my accounts and trying to get help / support was like pulling teeth. I had a great support person but we could only engage so many people before the executives told us that no one else could fly out to be on premise to meet with the customers.

I was also pulled in to help sell maintenance contracts to my existing accounts which would have fine if I had been paid.

At the time that I was employed, they had people handling smaller sales for us. In theory this is great and takes a lot off my plate but the person assigned to my team was best friend's with my manager and managed to mess up almost every single order and I always had to help him out which created more work for me at the end of the day.

Then, if you sold something, the time it takes to install it was INSANE! Hi Mr. / Ms. Customer, you wanted this installed this year, well, due to the lack of resources, we can't get to this for about two years, sorry.

Training or lack thereof. We were sent down to TX for "bootcamp" and quizzed on stuff that had nothing to do with what were were selling. We had to take tests - which is fine and name all the executives, what their background was, etc... but at the end of the day I need to know and understand what I am selling.

I was supposed to configure my proposed solutions for my customers - how do I do this if I am not trained correctly on what licenses I need to sell? No one would look over my designs but if there was a mistake, I was responsible for it. That is not fair to my customers or me.

At the end of the day, I felt bad for my customers who I tried to help along with my engineer and support person.

My manger and RVP did not support me. My engineer who sold everything with the previous AE basically left me in the to work with others and let me flounder (I had to get a new engineer finally).

P.S. If you are a woman, stay away from this company.

Advice to Management

Give new employees the resources they need to succeed. Don't let people hide behind their phones and computers.