NICE inContact Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
NICE inContact President, CEO, and Director Paul Jarman
Paul Jarman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "After some family changes, my team worked with me to make a flexible schedule that included reduced working hours and work from home days" (in 18 reviews)

• "Great work environment, Great People" (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "New upper management that doesn't even know what their team does" (in 20 reviews)

• "The work life balance is non-existent" (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Interesting and Challenging Work, Great Company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sandy, UT

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can only speak for the R&D group in Sandy. I realize that other departments have pains and I don't discredit that. However, R&D transitioned through the NICE acquisition much quicker than the rest of the company which makes me hopeful that employees in other departments will begin flourishing soon.

inContact's platform is complex which offers a lot of fun and challenging work. As a software engineer, I have the opportunity to work on interesting projects using new technologies. I love my team and the people around me which makes me look forward to coming to work. The atmosphere is laid back, there's a lot of trust on our team, and my manager does an excellent job muffling the extra noise while looking out for my personal interests and growth. I've never felt micro managed in R&D and I trust our leadership. There are a lot of very talented and intellectual people who are willing to help anyone with a smile. I've never felt afraid to approach our principal engineers with a question and I know they'll guide me toward figuring out the answer. Some of the glassdoor reviews mention moral and layoffs. There were a handful of positions that were moved to other locations but it's clear it was a strategic move to position the company globally. There is so much industry and platform knowledge in Salt Lake and I trust management when they say their plan isn't to outsource our jobs because the company would be sacrificing their bread and butter, the talent that built this company.

In addition to inContact being a great company to work for (for the important reasons), they put a lot of effort into adding additional perks. If I need a prescription filled, I walk down stairs to our clinic (and it's free). If I want to go workout on my lunch break, I go down stairs to the gym. Lunch? Foodcarts and subsidized treats in the lunch room. Haircut? A bus drives up to the building, outfitted as a barber shop. Dentist? Oh, they come to the office too.

inContact throws a great holiday party, we have a very fun Halloween where everyone decorates their area and employees bring their kids to trick-or-treat, top-performing employees get awarded with an all expenses paid trip to somewhere exotic every year, the CTO takes the entire department to movies, and we have a very generous amount of vacation time (especially after being with the company 5+ years).

inContact is doing it right and I'm proud to work here.

Cons

There were a few hiccups over the last couple of years during and after the NICE acquisition but nothing that outweighs the pros of working for inContact. The biggest hit for me and a lot of others was losing our employee stock purchase plan.

The health benefits could be better and less expensive.

Pay is not as competitive as some companies in the valley.

Advice to Management

Continue to strive to take care of your employees and work to build a best in class software platform. Bring back ESPP and get better health insurance (this just changed.... so maybe make it a long term plan ;) ).

Dec 13, 2018 – Talent Management

Wonderful review and thank you for all you do as an employee. Your feedback is important to us and we take your Advice to Management to heart. Thank you.

"Promoting Women in Leadership positions"

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Customer first policy
    *CTO and R&D take pride in developing innovative technologies
    *Market leaders in Cloud Contact Center software
    *Participation in Salt Lake City Women in Technology is strong

Cons

*Individuals who left inContact in lower positions re-hired at a Sr. Director and above overlooking internal
      candidates, where is the loyalty for employee commitment and leadership development?
    *Promoting women in leadership roles is non-existent in majority of departments.
    *NICE inContact recognition for promoting women in leadership roles is very low.
    *Annual review process limits leadership ability to designate multiple "top performers" in a department. In such situations,
     someone who is a top performer will be rated lower to meet a company goal.

Advice to Management

Create an internal program to develop women in leadership roles, and hold leadership accountable for documenting a measurable path to promotion instead of "top performer" and "solid performer" ratings that are bias and limiting.

3. "Great with flexibility"

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked with NICE inContact for about a year and a half. After some family changes, my team worked with me to make a flexible schedule that included reduced working hours and work from home days. The company is very welcoming, especially in the Utah office. The SaaS committee puts on great team building activities that make coming to work more fun.

Cons

The magnifying glass that NICE puts on everything is incredibly frustrating. It makes it difficult to get anything done when everything has to be approved by people who don't know our business and who live across the globe from us. NICE leadership seems very out of touch to what inContact employees find important, and I think that will drive turnover.

Dec 13, 2018 – Talent Management

We really appreciate your review and your dedication to the company. While every organization faces its share of challenges, we work hard to provide a positive and motivating environment.

"Stay away from Operations."

I worked at NICE inContact full-time

Pros

When I first started, things were good. That was before the acquisition.

Cons

After the takeover by NICE, everything went downhill despite the company's successes. Overworked, perks taken away and continued shifting of jobs overseas. Overall, moral took a dive for the worst.

Advice to Management

They already know.

"A bad thing just got worse"

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NICE inContact offers health insurance

Cons

If your spouse turns down the insurance plan at their workplace and chooses to be covered by you, you'll have a $75/month surcharge on top of the premiums. If, however, your spouse uses the insurance of their employer, you'll get $50/month bonus. If you don't have a spouse you won't qualify for this bonus.

Advice to Management

You call this a 'carrot and a stick.' I call it unconscionable. There are so many issues with this: 1. We weren't even informed of this new fee until after open enrollment ended at all our spouse's companies. 2. What if someone has kids and needs to insure them but doesn't want to have the $75 fee for insuring a spouse? Can they somehow have family coverage without spouse coverage?? 3. Is this your sneaky way to help bring about a change to socialized medicine? Making corporate health plans truly untenable?

Dec 13, 2018 – Talent Management

Your concerns are understandable. Healthcare is a sensitive area for most people, especially those with families. NICE inContact has been following national healthcare trends for some time and it’s... More

"Columbus Beware"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at NICE inContact full-time

Pros

Location is nice. Private parking lot you don't have to pay for close to downtown. If you are looking for a job where you can coast, you can probably do that here. Pay can be reasonable if you are aggressive, they won't just give you money because they think you are worth it.

Cons

Columbus beware! I can only speak for the Columbus office, but you will have wildly different experiences depending on which team you are on. The Columbus office was an independent company (Callcopy/Uptivity) that got purchased by inContact, who in turn got purchased by NICE, so if you are working on a legacy product of Uptivity or Callcopy, there is a good chance your priorities are at least third on a list. They say there is no "us vs. them" and that "we are all one team," but have done little to back it up. Even internally they still refer to the old company names, so there is no real unity.

Several re-orgs in the last 2 years make it seem like they can't commit to a plan.

Expect to report to a remote manager who may or may not have any idea what you actually do.

The work/life balance issue isn't that they will work you into the ground, it's that you will go from periods of nothing to being called after hours to work on something because management dropped the ball on scheduling or expectations.

Advice to Management

Do something MEANINGFUL to unite teams. It's a technology company, these are smart people, they can see through meaningless gestures like cheap plastic gifts. Until you can do that, expect to have teams full of half-engaged employees.

Dec 13, 2018 – Talent Management

Working across geographically dispersed offices is challenging. This is especially true for those who have stayed with us through the Uptivity acquisition and have seen so many changes. We... More

"You can't write enough fake PRO reviews to change the truth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Yes, we have health insurance. Amazing people to work with. We have ping pong & other amenities. Prior to NICE acquiring inContact it was one of the top companies to work for in Utah.

Cons

Most employee's believe 2020 is the year the golden parachute's kick in. As bad as things have gotten since the acquisition, when the puppet Paul leaves the exodus with be massive, not that it isn't happening already.

Advice to Management

Putting lipstick on a pig may be a rhetorical expression, although it fits perfectly in this company. Executive Management is using lipstick to make superficial or cosmetic changes in a futile attempt to hide the truth. I find it hard to argue with most of the negative reviews. As to the glowing positive reviews...I highly question their validity.

8. "9 month new employee"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Sandy, UT

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, very nice work atmosphere, tons of employee engagement, and solid pay for the position. I've worked in manufacturing, logistics, etc, and I've never experienced the level of care I've seen at NICE inContact. We get the tools we need to get the job done, be it software, meeting tools, advice from upper management, etc.

Cons

working with our parent company can be difficult due to the time zone differences

Advice to Management

keep fighting to keep our culture intact and i'll be staying as long as I can!

Nov 7, 2018 – Talent Management

This is really fantastic feedback. Thank you for your commitments and we wish you the best. And as you say, we will continue to fight to maintain this wonderful culture.

"Can't decide what it wants to be."

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are great people to work with here. Most work hard, have a passion for the job they do and do the best to make the work environment great. The onsite clinic is nice, and the building is beautiful. Saas is often creating events or challenges to make employees feel valued.

Cons

Your workload will always increase with little chance of release. While the committees work to make you feel valued, raises are denied for arbitrary reasons. While the past layoffs have done their damage, they are far from forgotten. Moral is often a struggle as the company is more reactive than proactive, and a lot of tribal knowledge is being lost as longtime workers are leaving for better opportunities. Mixed messages, as people are denied increases and recognition on the back end, but hey, here is a free t-shirt and a $50 gift card!

Advice to Management

Work on clear messages, and transparency. Find ways to make your employees feel valued by the company and not just the cheerleaders who head up the committees. Don't be afraid to challenge the policies that are causing the bleeding of good employees in several departments.

Nov 7, 2018 – Talent Management

Thank you for the Advice to Management. There are always opportunities to communicate better and focus on ways to improve the employee experience. We can assure you that Human Resources and our... More

10. "Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management
    Progressive thinking
    Fun to work with
    Growth
    I personally love working here
    We really care about our customers

Cons

More staff is needed to keep up with the demands.
    Processes could improve.
    It can be stressful due to the amount of workload.

Advice to Management

Hire some more folks.

Nov 7, 2018 – Talent Management

We love this feedback. Thank you. And we are hiring as fast as we can to meet the growing needs and success of the company.