NICE inContact Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
NICE inContact President, CEO, and Director Paul Jarman
Paul Jarman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "After some family changes, my team worked with me to make a flexible schedule that included reduced working hours and work from home days" (in 18 reviews)

• "Great work environment, Great People" (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "New upper management that doesn't even know what their team does" (in 20 reviews)

• "The work life balance is non-existent" (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Interesting and Challenging Work, Great Company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sandy, UT

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can only speak for the R&D group in Sandy. I realize that other departments have pains and I don't discredit that. However, R&D transitioned through the NICE acquisition much quicker than the rest of the company which makes me hopeful that employees in other departments will begin flourishing soon.

inContact's platform is complex which offers a lot of fun and challenging work. As a software engineer, I have the opportunity to work on interesting projects using new technologies. I love my team and the people around me which makes me look forward to coming to work. The atmosphere is laid back, there's a lot of trust on our team, and my manager does an excellent job muffling the extra noise while looking out for my personal interests and growth. I've never felt micro managed in R&D and I trust our leadership. There are a lot of very talented and intellectual people who are willing to help anyone with a smile. I've never felt afraid to approach our principal engineers with a question and I know they'll guide me toward figuring out the answer. Some of the glassdoor reviews mention moral and layoffs. There were a handful of positions that were moved to other locations but it's clear it was a strategic move to position the company globally. There is so much industry and platform knowledge in Salt Lake and I trust management when they say their plan isn't to outsource our jobs because the company would be sacrificing their bread and butter, the talent that built this company.

In addition to inContact being a great company to work for (for the important reasons), they put a lot of effort into adding additional perks. If I need a prescription filled, I walk down stairs to our clinic (and it's free). If I want to go workout on my lunch break, I go down stairs to the gym. Lunch? Foodcarts and subsidized treats in the lunch room. Haircut? A bus drives up to the building, outfitted as a barber shop. Dentist? Oh, they come to the office too.

inContact throws a great holiday party, we have a very fun Halloween where everyone decorates their area and employees bring their kids to trick-or-treat, top-performing employees get awarded with an all expenses paid trip to somewhere exotic every year, the CTO takes the entire department to movies, and we have a very generous amount of vacation time (especially after being with the company 5+ years).

inContact is doing it right and I'm proud to work here.

Cons

There were a few hiccups over the last couple of years during and after the NICE acquisition but nothing that outweighs the pros of working for inContact. The biggest hit for me and a lot of others was losing our employee stock purchase plan.

The health benefits could be better and less expensive.

Pay is not as competitive as some companies in the valley.

Advice to Management

Continue to strive to take care of your employees and work to build a best in class software platform. Bring back ESPP and get better health insurance (this just changed.... so maybe make it a long term plan ;) ).

Dec 13, 2018 – Talent Management

Wonderful review and thank you for all you do as an employee. Your feedback is important to us and we take your Advice to Management to heart. Thank you.

2. "Excellent Place To Work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent place of employment, plenty of opportunities to advance. Technologies are constantly expanding and newer techs are often integrated.

Cons

Cross training among different R&D sections are not encouraged. It would be nice to get your hands dirty on various components to expand knowledge.

Advice to Management

None

"The Pain and the Gain"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company growth is great. inContact is a massive part of the NICE growth plan.
    Excellent co-workers (in my area at least)
    Location is very easy to get to in Salt Lake
    Positive challenges in my day to day

I've held many different roles and this is the first place where I have felt like I'm not just a cog in the greater machine. I actually feel like my actions matter and that I'm able to make a difference.

I've never had a better work life balance, and flexibility at work like I've had here.

Cons

A lot of the negative reviews are highly critical of upper management, and while some of that is justified a lot of it is directly correlated to pain from the acquisition. We're now 2 years out from the official acquisition from NICE and honestly it's going to be another 2 years before things are smoothed out.

That's just how it goes sometimes.

inContact itself has experienced a very large shakeup since the acquisition that has been very difficult for a lot of employees, and there is still some question as to where things go from here. That makes for a very uneasy sense for some groups.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good fight. inContact is doing great work, make sure that NICE recognizes that.

"Unpleasant with some bright spots"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I worked at NICE inContact full-time

Pros

Some great coworkers, occasional flexibility

Cons

Many career and job traps, revolving door, limited/inexperienced management (especially regarding company culture) handling it's own growth

Feb 6, 2019 – Employee Communications Manager

Thanks for your feedback. First, we are happy to hear you enjoyed working with your coworkers. We pride ourselves on our great people. But we are also always working to provide developmental... More

"Account Development Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time

Pros

-Great culture
    -Great starting pay
    -Great way to get into enterprise SaaS sales
    -Ton of upward mobility

Cons

-100% covered healthcare would be nice :)

Jan 30, 2019 – Employee Communications Manager

Great review - thank you! We agree - our culture and career development opportunities can't be beat.

"Sales Ops for the Win"

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Sales Operations team is fantastic and has a great culture. My schedule is flexible and I can count on anyone in Sales Ops for anything. Great boss! Wonderful co-workers! Fun environment!

Cons

Travel policy, NICE stipulations and expectations, boys club on the Sales floor, some leadership, little accountability, promoting people with tenure when they are not qualified for a leadership role.

Advice to Management

NICE should continue to allow inContact to do their thing and take a really close look at the culture of the SMB team, as it leaves much to be desired as seen in turnover.

Jan 30, 2019 – Employee Communications Manager

Thanks for the review - we are happy to hear that you are enjoying your environment, manager and schedule at NICE inContact. So great to hear!

We also take your other comments to heart - we read... More

"Great working environment"

Current Employee - Sales Development in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Development in Sandy, UT

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They care about their employees and are want you to like what you do. They put an emphasis on not micromanaging their employees and look to learn from everyone.

Cons

I liked the old health care plan

Jan 30, 2019 – Employee Communications Manager

Thanks for the feedback - we're thrilled to hear that you are enjoying working at NICE inContact.

"Was great. Was being the key word"

Former Employee - Senior Architect
    Former Employee - Senior Architect

I worked at NICE inContact full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Had a good thing going until

Cons

NICE acquired inContact and it went downhill.

Jan 30, 2019 – Employee Communications Manager

Thanks for your review. Since NICE acquired inContact, we've all enjoyed benefits, including massive growth. But we also know that there have been challenges as we align the companies. Thanks again... More

"District Sales Manager"

I worked at NICE inContact full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Positioned well in their specific industry - Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) with backing by industry analysts. Experienced and considered a market leader. Structured sales process that has proven to win deals.

Cons

Still runs as a very "clicky" company. Getting others to do their jobs requires a lot of relationship building (i.e. "sucking up", giving gift cards, etc.). NICE is the ultimate parent company, which is known for NOT being very nice, to employees, partners and customers.

Advice to Management

Break up the mini fiefdoms that have formed over the years, focus on solid processes and create a sense of accountability, work on stabilizing the platform that the clients rely on to run their business. Develop stronger leaders.

Jan 30, 2019 – Employee Communications Manager

Thank you for your comments. We are so glad to hear that you believe in our products and our sales process. We take your comments seriously and are sorry you weren't able to resolve them before the... More

"Promoting Women in Leadership positions"

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Customer first policy
    *CTO and R&D take pride in developing innovative technologies
    *Market leaders in Cloud Contact Center software
    *Participation in Salt Lake City Women in Technology is strong

Cons

*Individuals who left inContact in lower positions re-hired at a Sr. Director and above overlooking internal
      candidates, where is the loyalty for employee commitment and leadership development?
    *Promoting women in leadership roles is non-existent in majority of departments.
    *NICE inContact recognition for promoting women in leadership roles is very low.
    *Annual review process limits leadership ability to designate multiple "top performers" in a department. In such situations,
     someone who is a top performer will be rated lower to meet a company goal.

Advice to Management

Create an internal program to develop women in leadership roles, and hold leadership accountable for documenting a measurable path to promotion instead of "top performer" and "solid performer" ratings that are bias and limiting.

Feb 6, 2019 – Employee Communications Manager

Thank you for your concern and feedback on a very important topic. We are continuously working to make sure all women at NICE inContact have a clear pathway to leadership roles. Across NICE... More