NICE inContact Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
NICE inContact President, CEO, and Director Paul Jarman
Paul Jarman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They're very flexible with remote working too - I work from home two days a week and there are some teams that work 3" (in 17 reviews)

• "Great work environment, Great People" (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "New upper management that doesn't even know what their team does" (in 19 reviews)

• "The work life balance is non-existent" (in 8 reviews)

"Opportunity waits for no one"

Current Employee - Product in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Product in Sandy, UT

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Highly successful cloud software company with consistent growth.
    Opportunity to make a large impact in not only the company but the industry.
    Resourced very well to execute.
    Market forces are very favorable.
    Growth opportunities are abundant.

I have worked at inContact for over 13 years. I have recently returned after a few years working in another cloud tech company in the SL Valley. I missed a lot of the stages where most of the negative reviews came from. I cannot defend them. What I can tell you is the company I rejoined is working hard to do the right things and to improve our customers and employee's lives. Business is hard and drives challenges no matter what but the opportunity here is substantial. There are very few places where you can be a part of what is happening here. I recommend you look past the reviews and talk to someone here about how they feel today.

Cons

Keeping up with market demands on salary and benefits is going to be a challenge for every company in Salt Lake. I think we can do better there.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to acknowledge the past while building the future. Legacy is not built over this quarter or this year. It comes from the collective effort that started many years ago and continues today by the commitment and dedication of our employees. We have great ones so please don't forget that because some of them struggled with change.

Sep 5, 2018 – Talent Management

Thank you so much for your feedback. Your suggestion to acknowledge the past while building the future is vital to our growth as a company. We agree that we need to recognize our experiences and... More

2. "Amazing company. Awesome opportunities!"

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for those who want them. We work hard, play hard and we earn our rewards. Nice inContact is THE leader in our space and we are experiencing considerable growth in our business as a result.

Cons

Some growing pains but we know how to learn and get past them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the AMAZING work leading us to more and more exciting markets around the globe.

Oct 17, 2018 – Talent Management

Fantastic review. Thank you for your feedback.

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

Company has growing pains.
    Communication between different departments need improment.

Oct 8, 2018 – Talent Management

We are definitely excited about our growth. Global communication is a primary focus for the organization and we are confident that it will continue to improve as we refine our processes and... More

"Implementation"

Former Employee - Implementation Manager in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Implementation Manager in Sandy, UT

I worked at NICE inContact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great, very helpful colleagues
    Nice building

Cons

The interview process made it sound like a great place to work, but after being there a few weeks I got that sinking "oh crap" feeling that I made the wrong choice. I decided, however that I was there and that I would make the best of it. In retrospect, should've baled sooner.
    It’s a sweatshop - essentially flipping burgers. Mantra was to strictly follow the established process with a sink or swim mentality. For certain people with different career backgrounds, this is fine, but not for me.
    Often required to work 60+ hours/week to keep up with the workload quota assigned to me
    Senior Management is unapproachable
    Pay is below average. The rhetoric was that we are at industry standards and my manager told me they pay me "an awful lot". If that were the case, we wouldn't be losing people to other companies who take 20-30% pay increases (like me)
    Because of inadequate training and a patchwork of out of date tech, learning curve was extremely steep.
    They talk about valuing their people, but their actions don’t support their words.
    The place is a revolving door with good people leaving en-mass. 70% turnover in my group in just the time I was there.

Oct 8, 2018 – Talent Sourcer

Thank you for your feedback. The Professional Services organization has managed significant change over the last six months. As a result, they have implemented new hiring strategies that will set... More

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at NICE inContact full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good story with some good employees

Cons

They talk about valuing their people but their actions don’t support their words.
    No loyalty to people that have been there a long time.
    Promotions often don’t make sense.
    3 years ago it was an amazing job - but a few bad eggs are taking the company in the wrong direction quickly.
    Many good people are leaving like in mass - no one used to leave this place.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people that got you to where you are.
    Look at some of your key leaders and realize what they are really doing to your culture.

Sep 5, 2018 – Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry your experience at NICE inContact did not end as well as you’d have liked. We value all of our employees, regardless of how long they have worked here. We... More

"Growing, Maturing, Exciting Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's unfortunate that there are so many negative reviews that have brought the overall review score down. If you read many of them, they are related to the pain associated with the acquisition that occurred a couple of years ago. Granted, that is never an easy process to go through, but this day and age, to stay relevant, this is reality. I do believe the company is finally turning a corner from a culture and growth perspective. This is a fresh place to work. The growth potential (career and business profits) is high, which means continued opportunities to do great work. The employees are incredibly talented and passionate about the work they do. They’ll say “we work hard and we play hard” and this is true. However, the flexibility offered makes up the “work hard” part. Other great perks…cool and down to earth leadership/management, competitive pay, remote and telecommuting flexibility not an issue. Onsite workers enjoy free drinks, coffee, food provided at times, onsite clinic and workout facility. Remote workers enjoy…well, working remotely! Overall benefits are pretty standard, they don’t blow you away but they’re definitely better than other companies I’ve seen. 401k match offer pretty mainstream as well. Overall, I give this company high marks based on them being the global leader with cloud call center platform and apps, growth potential, flexibility, compensation and other fringe benefits offered.

Cons

Not cons but opportunities...mature internal processes to make them more efficient and lean as possible. The corp cell phone reimbursement options are pretty lackluster. Recommend revising that for greater flexibility. Also recommend to continue to integrate NICE and inContact into being truly one company. Other than this, keep the focus on delivering great products, growth and making this a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Ongoing efforts to nurture the employees and enhance the culture. Hire solid, professionals that'll help move the company forward. Focus on marketing the great products offered and continue to grow the global level of adoption of the products.

Aug 9, 2018 – Talent Management

Thanks you so much for your detailed review. We agree with you on all accounts. The transition associated with any acquisition is lengthy and challenging, but as you say, there are new and exciting... More

"Stay away from this company"

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits and great co-workers.

Cons

From a sales perspective, this was a great a place to work. Territories have been downsized and quotas have increased. Many of my former co-workers have joined competitors (8x8, Five9, Genesys, etc.) with substantially higher compensation packages and larger territories. You consistently have to babysit the Pre-Sales and PM teams or your prospects will be neglected and become frustrated. Also, it's no secret that NICE has a dreadful reputation within the channel community. Stay away!!!

"One of the best Sales Jobs out there"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sandy, UT

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic Earning Potential, Great Training Programs, Strong Leadership Team. I have observed and worked with several software companies in the valley. NICE-inContact is probably the strongest sales organization I have been apart of. They know exactly what they are doing and how to do it. If you can become successful in this organization you can be successful anywhere. They have strong sales engineering support to assist in closing deals. From a pipeline perspective they have strong channels, sales development and pipeline development training to help build pipeline. The sales processes are top notch and they actually care about you as an individual which is great.

Cons

Complex Sales Process Can be Difficult and it Takes Time to Get up to Speed. Internal processes can be difficult post sale. There is alot of complexity to getting a deal sold and deployed and often times reps are having to babysit the process.

Advice to Management

Streamline internal support processes outside of sales both during the sales process and after.

"I hung on for as long as I could."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I worked at NICE inContact full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are truly great people that work here. Unfortunately they are leaving in droves.

Cons

Pay is below average. The HR rhetoric is that we are at industry standards. If that were the case we wouldn't be losing people to other companies at 20-30% pay increases.
    There are almost no company perks anymore. We used to have parties, picnics, movie days. These have all been severely limited and getting approval for morale boosting activities is akin to pulling teeth.
    All this with the company reporting record profits.
    There is definitely a "Boys Club" mentality. If you are good at talking yourself up to the right people or schmoozing them, you will go far in this company. If you work hard and help those that need it, you have the possibility of receiving a paltry raise.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep employees make them feel valuable. There is a cancer eating inContact, and it needs to be cut out. There is no faith in the EC or management. I wish I had better advice, but most of the damage is already done. Telling people that their jobs were safe one week then "Globalizing" the next, complete with layoffs, killed the already fragile confidence we had in the company. It breaks my heart, because we were truly a great company to work for.

"NOC"

Current Employee - NOC Engineer in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - NOC Engineer in Sandy, UT

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No pros Because of no lack of care of the employees.

Cons

Over worked and under paid. Not investing in the platform or people.

Advice to Management

Management changes needed and need to keep hiring with growth.