NICE inContact Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

NICE inContact President, CEO, and Director Paul Jarman
Paul Jarman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Company cares about employees (HR feedback has been taken seriously and resulted in company changes) as well a great atmosphere with great people (in 27 reviews)

• They're very flexible with remote working too - I work from home two days a week and there are some teams that work 3 (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Some of the upper management tends to be much more reactionary than proactive which leads to issues with capacity planning, and future proofing (in 16 reviews)

• Work-life balance isn't great, but impossible to find a sales job that is (in 6 reviews)

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sandy, UT

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great leadership from VPs and above. Sales managers are pretty good. Great opportunity to advance. You will learn to sell anything.

Cons

Sales managers could be better at training, but still help you succeed.

"Who needs morale, really?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the best people in the world!

Cons

Everything has gone downhill since NICE acquired inContact. No one ever really knows what to expect, since "the powers that be" are quite secretive about everything, but we're now always waiting for the other shoe to drop. We've lost our employee stock purchase program, cell phone reimbursement, and, for many, yearly merit increases. We've also lost a number of great developers who haven't been replaced. The morale is palpably low, but upper management continues to try to spoon-feed us the idea that everything is awesome. It saddens me to see a once pretty great company headed straight for the iceberg.

Advice to Management

I can't imagine management would listen to any advice, at this point.

"Circling the Drain"

Current Employee - Tech Support in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Sandy, UT

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the people, but the good ones are leaving fast.

Cons

Once upon a time, not long ago, I was excited to be part of a company whose vision was to become one of the top 100 places to work. Now, I just hope I don't die at my desk. Management certainly wouldn't notice or care. What a tragic 180 degree turnabout.

The CEO sold us out for a golden parachute. He built this company on the backs of selfless, dedicated, do anything for the customer employees. Then he stabbed us all in the back, collected his windfall payout, and will soon leave us behind to suffer.

I've been through the takeover nightmare before:
      Step 1: Name merge, "NICE inContact"
      Step 2: Cut benefits, eliminate bonuses, freeze hiring
      Step 3: Hostile work environment, eliminate merit increases for nearly half the employees
      Step 4: Name takeover, drop the "inContact" and make it just "NICE"
      Step 5: Fire any remaining inContact managers and replace them with cold, unfeeling NICE managers.

Who needs morale? Segregate your employees into the "Haves", the 60% who get merit increases and the "Have Nots", 40% who don't, then ask them all to "pull together and work as a team". The result is a dog-eat-dog workforce where employees turn against each other and it's every person for themselves. What a sick, sick mentality.

It's all about the bottom line for NICE. They treat inContact like we're selling a dying technology and we need to be cut to the bone. The irony is that NICE wouldn't have a cloud presence if it weren't for inContact.

Hey NICE, maybe you can get away with treating people like that in Israel, but it just makes inContact another detestable place to work. Thankfully, there's a terrible tech shortage in Salt Lake City. NICE has made inContact's greatest assets into unwanted expenses on the bottom line and those "expenses" are walking out the door. Good luck replacing them or recruiting new people. Not here, not now, not in this economy. In just 1 year, NICE has destroyed one of the best companies in the US. This place is doomed.

Advice to Management

Find a backbone, strap on a pair, draw the line. You won't be around long either if you don't stand for something.

4. "Director"

I have been working at NICE inContact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has significant Momentum and a strong vision

Cons

Still going through teething pains as part of the Merger with NICE...these things are to be expected and I see this as something that will resolve itself with time

"It's alright as long as you have a good supervisor"

Former Employee - Legal in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Legal in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at NICE inContact full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people at inContact were very professional and knowledgeable.

Cons

Long hours. The job was great until I got a new supervisor. Things went quickly downhill from there.

"Change is not always for the better"

I worked at NICE inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

inContact used to be a very employee-centric company with a work family atmosphere. They are a leader in their industry and set to continue growing. The medical benefits aren't bad. A little pricey but good coverage.

Cons

After the acquisition by NICE, all of the fun was sucked out of my department. inContact went from feeling like a work family to feeling like I was not important at all. The turnover in management makes it hard to stick with a strategy and direction. Great place to work if you like to work your butt off for a company which cares very little about you.

Advice to Management

Start thinking about your employees and morale instead of the bottomline.

7. "Fabulous company to work for. Family type atmosphere."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at NICE inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People, always learning something new, passionate, understanding, friendly.

Cons

Salary is not where it should be when compared to various other positions of the same type.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Remember, don't ever assign a task to someone that you yourself wouldn't do. That philosophy right there is what makes a great boss.

"Severely disappointed"

Current Employee - Implementation in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Implementation in Sandy, UT

I have been working at NICE inContact (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing Colleagues
    - Someone is always willing to help
    - Very nice building with a lot of perks

Cons

- Management gives in to any and all demands, no matter if they're correct or not
    - In most cases, required to work 60 + hours a week
    - Pay vs. work load
    - Severely understaffed in Services Dept.
    - Senior Management is unapproachable

Advice to Management

Management needs to stand behind their employees benefits and compensation need to increase, TREMENDOUSLY

"All Reviews Are Accurate"

I worked at NICE inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some great people
    Strong position in their market
    Good technology
    Great money-making opportunity for sales people
    Average pay and benefits
    The CEO is a good man who cares about the company and its people. Unfortunately, due to the acquisition by NICE, his influence has been greatly diminished.

Cons

Every review on Glassdoor is accurate. The 5-star reviews are true - that's what that person has experienced, thus far... It is also true that some of those are planted by HR. The scathing 1-star reviews are also true...
    Acquisition by NICE in 2016 has had negative effect on culture, and getting worse.
    The "clique-culture" is alive and well. As several reviews have mentioned; 90% of the employees who "earn" the Champions Club trip are the same people every year.
    Many people in the mid-to-upper management levels excel at "managing up", but struggle (and/or do not care) to manage those that report to them. However, they are safely entrenched because they make themselves look good to the VP and C-level - at the expense of those below them.
    Advancement opportunities are few and far between.
    New "performance-based" evaluation program is really a way to minimize raises and merit increases.

Advice to Management

Spend less time and effort on posting 5-star reviews on Glassdoor, or attempting to have negative reviews removed, and focus on fixing the root of these problems. Many of these negative reviews share common themes - they are to be taken seriously and acted upon. Stop using band-aids to try and cure your cancer.

10. "Good folks"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at NICE inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Seemed to be growing for sure

Cons

Smaller company mindset, hope they keep growing

Advice to Management

Unsure how Nice will impact this company