NICE inContact Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

3.7
NICE inContact President, CEO, and Director Paul Jarman
Paul Jarman
Pros
  • "Great people to work with, tons of learning opportunities and growth(in 31 reviews)

• "Decent work/life balance with a generous work from home policy(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "New upper management that doesn't even know what their team does(in 22 reviews)

• "Work life balance is harder to come by(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great company to work for

Dec 28, 2020 - Implementation Manager in Sandy, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work is challenging and rewarding it is only surpassed by the people you get to work with.

Cons

I don’t really have a downside to speak of.

4 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Amazing Company

Apr 20, 2021 - Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They truly care about their employees and our career growth. Very innovative and strategic.

Cons

Nothing at this time to notate

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

An Unfortunate Marriage

Apr 29, 2021 - Management in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

inContact (intentionally leaving out NICE) is a great company with an amazing market opportunity. inContact leadership cares about people and tries to do the right thing. There are a lot of opportunities for growth and development. The product seems to be best of breed.

Cons

The acquisition of inContact by NICE seems to be the greatest impediment to inContact's growth. NICE Management has crushed the culture and forced NICE and inContact into the octagon to fight through conflicting objectives and incentives rather than leading the transition with clarity and direction. Anyone who sits in inContact All-Hand's calls can tell you inContact is overachieving in every meaningful way and that inContact is the darling of the company - but it certainly doesn't feel like it. It is a fight and a struggle to get things done, even simple things like renewing software subscriptions, because NICE management doesn't trust anyone but themselves. inContact leadership really isn't in charge. NICE leadership (on the other side of the world) does not care about people; they don't enable leaders to take care of their employees. They brag about $1b in cash and growth, but then tell employees they can't afford to run a normal merit cycle or that a solid performer can't get 100% of their bonus.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great working with a leader in the space

May 3, 2021 - RVP, Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Never a dull moment, plenty of opportunity to engage with world class organizations, established leadership position, lots of smart driven professionals around you at all times

Cons

Its gotten big and that creates layers, which in turn slow internal processes down from time to time

5. 5.0

A Great Company with Great Growth Opportunities

Apr 20, 2021 - Financial Analyst in Sandy, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Because of the amount of growth that the company has been seeing, there are tons of growth opportunities in just about any area of the business.

Cons

Some of the benefits are very good and competitive with the market... but others are lacking and could use some updates.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company - cares for it's employees

May 5, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers very supportive and flexible when I need to work from home on occasion.

Cons

Very aggressive timelines, which spun positively means you won't be bored.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Grateful for a stable job during pandemic, but I might be bailing like many others have if things don't change.

May 2, 2021 - Professional Services in Sandy, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Onsite health center, stability during pandemic, growing industry, still working from home until it is safe to return to the office, an okay 4% 401K match.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid since a few months into the pandemic. My work load increased about 30% with no extra pay. You are appreciated with kudos through Motivosity, another mug or t-shirt, or just a verbal "good job" instead of a promotion or salary increase. A great employee just left after 7 years because she was "in the pipeline" for a promotion, but never received it. 7 years! I'm not going to wait that long. I really love my manager, but those above my manager and up the chain are a huge disappointment. The company has been touting record growth, profits, and revenue every quarter for over a year. They have hired on over 100 new employees, yet they won't give promotions, nor did they offer a base pay raise last year, and apparently there is no budget for a small bonus here or there for taking on more work or responsibilities. Where is this money going and why aren't you taking care of those of us who have been here a while? They seem to be adding to budgets to teams with high attrition instead of those with low attrition. They also have company polices that don't allow everyone on a team to receive a raise even if everyone is performing well. Managers are forced to pick and choose on a bell-curve kid of scale. This is ludicrous. They will also only promote one or two from each team a year- even if more deserve it. This is also unwise and will lead to higher attrition.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Take care of your people

Feb 13, 2021 - Sales Developer in Sandy, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great career development and learning opportunities.

Cons

We hold regular company calls to discuss how well we are doing at it seems we are doing very well. Executive leadership loves to boast how much money we have in the bank and how amazing our company is for not laying anyone off due to COVID. However, even though or company continues to be the leader in the space and make so much money they will not give pay raises for merit, no care packages while people are working from home, and they refuse to allow in line promotions with a pay raise. Instead, they are taking advantage of their top performers by asking them to act as if they have been given the promotion they qualify for and take on all the responsibilities but no title change or pay raise. "We hope that they make the change soon", is all they're willing to do about it.

12 people found this review helpful

HR Generalist

Thank you for your review. We, at NICE inContact, have multiple processes in place to review our employees' performance and reward them accordingly. We hire top talent and our "pay for performance" culture ensures that strong performers are duly compensated. Moreover, we have continued to pay bonuses to our employees despite many companies holding off in 2020 as a result of the pandemic and resulting economic situation. We recommend that you reach out to your HR Business Partner to discuss your specific concerns further.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great teams, great projects, multiple technologies, and challenging new problems.

Feb 22, 2021 - Engineering in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

inContact has grown so much over the years and the integration into the NICE Suite exposes employees to many different projects and technologies. As an engineer it's great working for a company always willing to evaluate new technology and is willing to be a trail blazer. Leadership is often willing to listen to new ideas and we have a great synergy between the engineering and product organizations. Very generous PTO package for tenured employees.

Cons

Outside of PTO, the benefits package is very average. We have health/dental/vision and 401k match but they are "industry standard" at best. We have a cool office building with a gym and onsite dr, but those perks are basically gone with Covid, would rather a more permeant/flexible WFH offering. Sometimes we have too many priorities, making it hard to get one quality item wrapped up and finished.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Generalist

Thanks for sharing your feedback. It’s always great to hear from long-standing employees (10 years+, wow!) and learn about your satisfaction with the different projects and technologies you work with. We pride ourselves on being an innovation trailblazer and are happy to know that this is felt in your daily work. You are invited to speak to your HR Business Partner to discuss any specific issues that you have.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company culture with opportunity for promotion

Mar 10, 2021 - Enterprise Account Developer in Sandy, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's been a long time since I worked for a company where people enjoyed coming to work. Management does a lot to make the work culture fun and inclusive. The company is growing and the product is leading the market so there is great job security for anyone willing to show up and work hard.

Cons

One challenge is that actual software product is complex and can be difficult to learn. It took me 6 months to understand where the product fits in with a typical company's technology stack.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Generalist

Thanks for leaving a review. As you likely know, there was a recent announcement about our future mode of operations, and we will not be returning to full-time work in the offices. Rather, once the WFH period is over, we will be commencing a hybrid model which will enable flexibility and an effective balance between the two working environments (home and office). Please speak to your HR Business Partner to discuss any specific issues that you may have.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 427 Reviews