NIKSUN Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
NIKSUN Chairman and CEO Dr. Parag Pruthi
Dr. Parag Pruthi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Some good people to work with along side (in 7 reviews)

• Great people, salaries in line with position (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management plays games with peoples lives by letting random people go for no reason just to keep everyone on their toes (in 9 reviews)

• Accts: There is no accts given to new sales people (in 4 reviews)

1. "new place"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at NIKSUN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really love coming into the new office. NIKSUN has an entire building to itself. We’ve also moved the entire company under one roof, which makes things easier and more efficient. We have our own cafeteria and several pantries.

Cons

I’ve heard that some people have a longer commute. I’d rather not have the cafeteria tv on.

Advice to Management

Can we get food trucks to stop by or a couple of vending machines?

"Regional Sales Mgr,"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager, in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager, in Princeton, NJ

I worked at NIKSUN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Niksun has a decent portfolio of Manged Networks & Security Services, good SE support, Etc...

Cons

Branding: Niksun is not well, and there is zero channel relations or partnerships
    Sales & Support: Niksun has no lead generation, Direct MKT programs, no inside sales Etc
    Training: Niksun does not have any onboard or new hire training
    Accts: There is no accts given to new sales people
    Corp culture: Major disconnect here, this place seems like a shell company, you are basically on your own, meaning, very little interaction between other dept employees. The vibe here is drab, bleak..

Advice to Management

1. Return phone calls
    2. Acknowledge emails
    3. Acknowledge Mtg requests
    4. Provide some transparency
    5. Develop and hire a channel MGR/Program
    6. No comment

"Not employee oriented"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Monmouth Junction, NJ
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Monmouth Junction, NJ

I worked at NIKSUN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Non to speak of currently

Cons

Do not pay. Benefits over priced they short your checks owner thinks all employees are not inteligent.

Advice to Management

change your way of thinking

"changes...."

Current Employee - Network and Computer Systems Administrator in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Network and Computer Systems Administrator in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at NIKSUN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We recently had an announcement of two promotions to VP, including one to VP of HR. Well not even a month has passed since the promotion and HR is at it again, giving us a new Health Plan option that reduces our out-of-pocket maximum by almost half. For people with significant medical expenses this is a huge benefit who will immediately taking advantage of this.

Cons

Continual improvement of the health plan is great. I wish HR would look into instituting 401k matching as well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive improvements. Keep employees more informed of the state of the company.

"great experience"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at NIKSUN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have recently taken a position at NIKSUN and I couldn’t be happier with the process from application to day one. I was contacted by a recruiter within a day of sending in my resume and brought in for an interview only 3 days later. Then, unlike many other companies, I was given immediate feedback and an offer was made within 2 days. I started a week later and have already gotten to it.

Cons

The offer was a couple of thousand dollars less than what I was ideally looking for, but I feel that is more than made up for by NIKSUN’s obvious desire to bring me on board (as evidenced by the swift process) and by the warm and friendly environment I find myself in.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Lousy company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NJ

I worked at NIKSUN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fascinating field, very high end equipment and technology. Worked with some great people, in spite of the company stepping on its own feet on a regular basis.

Cons

Too many games being played on a consistent basis. For what they charge they should be more concerned with the needs of their clients, especially the biggest ones. Also, the company plays games with the staff. Some people are rewarded to excess, others are barely acknowledged, and it is the latter who keep things actually working.
    Upper management plays games with peoples lives by letting random people go for no reason just to keep everyone on their toes... great co-workers, lousy owners.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking you are so perfect, your staff knows exactly how messed up you are, work on fixing your relationships with your team, your reputation depends on it... the industry knows just how screwed up your working conditions are.

"Hands On"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at NIKSUN full-time

Pros

NIKSUN is a great place to gain experience. Supervisors work hands on to make sure all employees understand how they are contributing to the company’s success.

Cons

The product is complex and takes a while to understand. Sometimes not enough training is provided. Sometimes work days are extremely long.

Advice to Management

Continue to give feedback on our work. Hold more training classes. Have more team building activities both inside the office and outside.

"positive changes"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Princeton, NJ

Pros

NIKSUN is a technology company and it now seems to permeate the entire company! Almost every other day HR seems to be announcing new technologies like the ADP self-service rollout and ways to improve our health benefits like online doctor services and health advocates.

Cons

There is no 401k matching which discourages employees from contributing. HR also seems not to be following the current trends in tech companies: Working from home, unlimited sick days, extended paternity/maternity time.

Advice to Management

Some type of 401k matching would be a great way to invest in the company’s employees. Adopting more modern facing policies regarding sick days or maternity/paternity leave would help to foster a west coast culture at an east coast company.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Monmouth Junction, NJ
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Monmouth Junction, NJ

Pros

Regional sales team - sales colleagues, sales management, sales technical support - were exceptional in all aspects. Experienced, driven, intelligent, creative, customer focused were the positive aspects of the regional sales team that drove our success and shielded the team from most of the dysfunction that permeated NIKSUN HQ team - CEO on down.

Cons

Watch your back and always get in writing from COO/CEO what is being committed verbally from anyone in your reporting chain if you want to be compensated according to realistic expectations when placing orders and satisfying quota according to sales performance.

I have watched from afar after leaving this company, and very similar, and many same problems exist today that existed since its inception. Such great potential, but to this day, NIKSUN has not fulfilled its potential and has not captured a significant market share that a technology company with the lead it had on the competition at the time of the company's inception should have been able to exploit and capitalize on with advantages at the time with being first to market. NIKSUN has failed to retain important customers over the longer term. Customers dropped the NIKSUN product for NIKSUN's inability to stabilize the product, make it easy to use (customer interface issues), deliver customer value consistent with the investment made, be responsive with actionable intelligence (diminished time to effective, appropriate, consistent usable results), ineffective integration with other cyber security products (co-exist and add value to the customer's overall cyber security investment/framework/solution architecture - meaning limited flexibility).

However, the most chilling issue with working at NIKSUN is the ability of to obtain compensation committed by NIKSUN management for whatever reason that the CEO/COO made those commitments. Thus, one should go into employment with NIKSUN with eyes wide open and demand all commitments be made in writing for legally binding recourse should you be put in that place by management reneging on their commitments to pay for performance.

Advice to Management

Re-trench, re-invest to drive product to a market leadership position by achieving timely, responsive, easy to consume/use actionable information that is consistent with the demands for rapid detection, quantification of intrusion events. Major overhaul of the product is needed to be technologically current, user friendly (customer user interface), easy to integrate with 3rd party cyber security/security information management products.

"Not a good place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at NIKSUN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are great people who are stuck in a stressful place.

Cons

Do not believe any of the positive reviews. They are all fabricated. If someone posts something too inflammatory they will work with Glassdoor to try and get it deleted. Management is horrible. Especially HR management. You should not have "family" sitting in that role because employees know they don't have any support within the organization. I could go on and on and on but I gave them too much of my life already.

Advice to Management

They would never listen to anyone's advice. That's the problem. But here goes. Let people you hire actually do their jobs. There's a reason this company is stuck in the mud because they think they know exactly how everybody should do their jobs.

Oh and get a keurig machine for the employees.