NIKSUN Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
NIKSUN Chairman and CEO Dr. Parag Pruthi
Dr. Parag Pruthi

Pros
  • I learned a lot about being an assistant and also managing contracts etc (in 4 reviews)

• Hired good people willing to make a difference but never trusted them (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management plays games with peoples lives by letting random people go for no reason just to keep everyone on their toes (in 9 reviews)

• There is no 401k matching which discourages employees from contributing (in 5 reviews)

"Director, Systems Engineering & Product Management"

I worked at NIKSUN full-time

Pros

A committed company to Cyber Security driven by the CEO

Cons

Requires a 15 hour day commitment to business that is seldom appreciated.

Advice to Management

Needs professional management - technology is well covered.

2. "IT Professional"

I worked at NIKSUN full-time

Pros

Good environment & people are nice

Cons

poor management and dpt not like share info with each other

"Regional Sales Mgr,"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager, in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager, in Princeton, NJ

I worked at NIKSUN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Niksun has a decent portfolio of Manged Networks & Security Services, good SE support, Etc...

Cons

Branding: Niksun is not well, and there is zero channel relations or partnerships
    Sales & Support: Niksun has no lead generation, Direct MKT programs, no inside sales Etc
    Training: Niksun does not have any onboard or new hire training
    Accts: There is no accts given to new sales people
    Corp culture: Major disconnect here, this place seems like a shell company, you are basically on your own, meaning, very little interaction between other dept employees. The vibe here is drab, bleak..

Advice to Management

1. Return phone calls
    2. Acknowledge emails

5. "Managing Director"

Former Employee - Ssles
    Former Employee - Ssles

I worked at NIKSUN full-time

Pros

Great people, salaries in line with position.

Cons

Needless travel, at times lack of support and inter department communication.

Advice to Management

Provide more support for the sales teams. Create better marketing programs, out reach and staff that is better connect to the clients and market place.

"Not employee oriented"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Monmouth Junction, NJ
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Monmouth Junction, NJ

I worked at NIKSUN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Non to speak of currently

Cons

Do not pay. Benefits over priced they short your checks owner thinks all employees are not inteligent.

Advice to Management

change your way of thinking

"changes...."

Current Employee - Network and Computer Systems Administrator in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Network and Computer Systems Administrator in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at NIKSUN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We recently had an announcement of two promotions to VP, including one to VP of HR. Well not even a month has passed since the promotion and HR is at it again, giving us a new Health Plan option that reduces our out-of-pocket maximum by almost half. For people with significant medical expenses this is a huge benefit who will immediately taking advantage of this.

Cons

Continual improvement of the health plan is great. I wish HR would look into instituting 401k matching as well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive improvements. Keep employees more informed of the state of the company.

"Be wary.. Dysfunctional family owned company with poor execution."

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at NIKSUN (More than a year)

Pros

Hired good people willing to make a difference but never trusted them.

Cons

CEO is narcissistic, micromanager who doesn't listen to any of his employees who have good ideas. The company has a packet capture technology which is cost prohibitive to scale. It is highly unlikely that this company will ever grow larger than it was several years ago. Employees come and go through the revolving door and fear for their employment typically within the first 2 months. Definitely my worst experience with any employer and I regret ever making that move.

Advice to Management

So the company before it shuts down

"Market share loser"

Pros

Handful of competent engineers. Opportunities for challenging systems level work.

Cons

Reducing market share. Competition has gained massive market share even though Niksun was pretty early player. Family managed company with few employee rewards.

"great experience"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at NIKSUN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have recently taken a position at NIKSUN and I couldn’t be happier with the process from application to day one. I was contacted by a recruiter within a day of sending in my resume and brought in for an interview only 3 days later. Then, unlike many other companies, I was given immediate feedback and an offer was made within 2 days. I started a week later and have already gotten to it.

Cons

The offer was a couple of thousand dollars less than what I was ideally looking for, but I feel that is more than made up for by NIKSUN’s obvious desire to bring me on board (as evidenced by the swift process) and by the warm and friendly environment I find myself in.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Lousy company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NJ

I worked at NIKSUN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fascinating field, very high end equipment and technology. Worked with some great people, in spite of the company stepping on its own feet on a regular basis.

Cons

Too many games being played on a consistent basis. For what they charge they should be more concerned with the needs of their clients, especially the biggest ones. Also, the company plays games with the staff. Some people are rewarded to excess, others are barely acknowledged, and it is the latter who keep things actually working.
    Upper management plays games with peoples lives by letting random people go for no reason just to keep everyone on their toes... great co-workers, lousy owners.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking you are so perfect, your staff knows exactly how messed up you are, work on fixing your relationships with your team, your reputation depends on it... the industry knows just how screwed up your working conditions are.