NIKSUN Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
NIKSUN Chairman and CEO Dr. Parag Pruthi
Dr. Parag Pruthi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Some good people to work with along side (in 7 reviews)

• Great people, salaries in line with position (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management plays games with peoples lives by letting random people go for no reason just to keep everyone on their toes (in 9 reviews)

• Accts: There is no accts given to new sales people (in 4 reviews)

1. "Time flies when you are having fun!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at NIKSUN full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Intelligent people thinking creatively to help clients meet their security needs in most exciting market space today. Rapidly growing, fast paced, great family environment, no strict dress code, super friendly staff. Compensation in line with position. Management is tough but fair. No sliding by here, people are held accountable.

Cons

The workload is very heavy and with aggressive deadlines. Additional efforts are needed to simplify and organize the training for new employees.

Advice to Management

Focus on more hiring, training and automation, because there are too many manual processes and insufficient resources.

2. "new place"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at NIKSUN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really love coming into the new office. NIKSUN has an entire building to itself. We’ve also moved the entire company under one roof, which makes things easier and more efficient. We have our own cafeteria and several pantries.

Cons

I’ve heard that some people have a longer commute. I’d rather not have the cafeteria tv on.

Advice to Management

Can we get food trucks to stop by or a couple of vending machines?

3. "Good Intern Position to Learn"

Former Intern - Intern in Princeton, NJ
    Former Intern - Intern in Princeton, NJ

I worked at NIKSUN as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot about being an assistant and also managing contracts etc. It was very interesting to learn a little bit about the security industry. Good pay for an intern.

Cons

I really enjoyed my time. Of course I was an intern with no benefits or PTO so its hard to judge that.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Keep doing what you do!

4. "Managing Director"

Former Employee - Ssles
    Former Employee - Ssles

I worked at NIKSUN full-time

Pros

Great people, salaries in line with position.

Cons

Needless travel, at times lack of support and inter department communication.

Advice to Management

Provide more support for the sales teams. Create better marketing programs, out reach and staff that is better connect to the clients and market place.

"changes...."

Current Employee - Network and Computer Systems Administrator in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Network and Computer Systems Administrator in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at NIKSUN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We recently had an announcement of two promotions to VP, including one to VP of HR. Well not even a month has passed since the promotion and HR is at it again, giving us a new Health Plan option that reduces our out-of-pocket maximum by almost half. For people with significant medical expenses this is a huge benefit who will immediately taking advantage of this.

Cons

Continual improvement of the health plan is great. I wish HR would look into instituting 401k matching as well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive improvements. Keep employees more informed of the state of the company.

"great experience"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at NIKSUN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have recently taken a position at NIKSUN and I couldn’t be happier with the process from application to day one. I was contacted by a recruiter within a day of sending in my resume and brought in for an interview only 3 days later. Then, unlike many other companies, I was given immediate feedback and an offer was made within 2 days. I started a week later and have already gotten to it.

Cons

The offer was a couple of thousand dollars less than what I was ideally looking for, but I feel that is more than made up for by NIKSUN’s obvious desire to bring me on board (as evidenced by the swift process) and by the warm and friendly environment I find myself in.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Hands On"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at NIKSUN full-time

Pros

NIKSUN is a great place to gain experience. Supervisors work hands on to make sure all employees understand how they are contributing to the company’s success.

Cons

The product is complex and takes a while to understand. Sometimes not enough training is provided. Sometimes work days are extremely long.

Advice to Management

Continue to give feedback on our work. Hold more training classes. Have more team building activities both inside the office and outside.

"positive changes"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Princeton, NJ

Pros

NIKSUN is a technology company and it now seems to permeate the entire company! Almost every other day HR seems to be announcing new technologies like the ADP self-service rollout and ways to improve our health benefits like online doctor services and health advocates.

Cons

There is no 401k matching which discourages employees from contributing. HR also seems not to be following the current trends in tech companies: Working from home, unlimited sick days, extended paternity/maternity time.

Advice to Management

Some type of 401k matching would be a great way to invest in the company’s employees. Adopting more modern facing policies regarding sick days or maternity/paternity leave would help to foster a west coast culture at an east coast company.

9. "Teamwork.."

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at NIKSUN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For me, the best thing about working at NIKSUN is the caliber of people. Super smart, motivated, and down to earth people (for the most part). The always-present drive for quality and pushing limits - makes it an incredibly rewarding place to work. Each employee has the opportunity to add value, even outside of his or her direct area of responsibility, and there is heavy emphasis on teamwork versus individual contributions.

Cons

As with many software development jobs, there is a poor work life balance.

Advice to Management

There are literally thousands of security companies in the market today but NIKSUN has been able to lift themselves above the fray with technologies that are relevant and impactful in the marketplace. However the company needs to double down on its most loyal customers

10. "Niksun values talented employees"

I have been working at NIKSUN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Through the years working in Niksun I believe that the upper management group truly value their employees who possess the right skills and provide many opportunities for them to grow.

Cons

In case of severe weather the company should allow employees to work remotely.

Advice to Management

Salary increase for those who work hard would greatly encourage them work even harder.