NMR Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
David Garcia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at NMR Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and compensation. Good reputation as a federal government contractor. Although small, it's a stable company that's been around for quite a while.

Cons

Although the company is primarily an IT consulting firm, it has a bit of a mixed marketing message concerning a plethora of additional services it offers. Might be better to focus a little more on their core competency.

2. "Solid Company"

I worked at NMR Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

fast faced, hard working employees.

Cons

career progression can be very slow

Jun 13, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Our employees are our greatest asset, and we want them to feel both valued and visible. To that end, career planning and education are important benefits that we offer. Our performance review... More

3. "Meh"

I worked at NMR Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The actual work was fun.

Cons

I hardly ever interacted with anyone from my company.

Advice to Management

Take APG Employees out to lunch more often to build a sense of community and support.

Mar 27, 2017 – Marketing Manager

We appreciate your advice to management. Building a sense of community and support is extremely important to us! To help us foster an environment in which our staff feels valued and visible, we... More

4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Hagerstown, MD
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Hagerstown, MD

I worked at NMR Consulting (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company to work with.

Cons

I can't think of any Cons

5. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at NMR Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have really enjoyed my time with NMR Consulting thus far. I feel as though my interests are looked after, and people genuinely care about one another. I don't feel like another number at NMR, which is think is due to the small size of the company. Also, many employees are afforded the opportunity to work from home multiple days a week. Overall, I enjoy working for NMR, and would highly recommend this company.

Cons

I do not get to meet some of my other coworkers who do not work at the same location as me. However, I do still get to speak with them via email and telephone, and I have gotten to know quite a few of them.

Advice to Management

I really don't have any advice to management. I haven't seen any case where an employee was dissatisfied with this management staff. Keep up the good work!

Oct 19, 2015 – Marketing Manager

With employees working at different locations across the country, feeling connected can be challenging. To overcome this challenge, we are developing a company blog where all employees can get news... More

6. "Employee-Centric"

I have been working at NMR Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NMR Consulting has grown considerably during my tenure. As the number of employees increased, I've seen management respond with new ideas for connecting so that every employee feels like part of the team. They sincerely want good things for their staff, and work hard to provide those things in a challenging industry.

Cons

As is typical with contract work, employees are spread out over different locations. This can make cultivating culture difficult, but management is working hard to overcome that challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue planning for the future with your employees in mind.

7. "Good so far!"

I have been working at NMR Consulting full-time

Pros

NMR is a great place to work!

I’ve joined the team two months ago and we are growing so fast. It's very exciting. I am eager to see future projects come into flourishing. NMR has a diverse list of clients and capabilities. I see and understand why this company has been so successful!

I also like the open door policy management follows. Being able to speak with the top executives without having to make an appointment 4 months out is great. I feel my ideas are heard and by the top people who can make them happen

Cons

would like to see the company implement a robust wellness program. Possibly create fitness challenges so employees remote or near are interacting on some level.

Advice to Management

Not at this time.

Oct 9, 2015 – Marketing Manager

Our employees’ health and well-being are important to us. We are currently beta testing a wellness program that will encourage all employees, regardless of their office location, to participate in... More

8. "Great Employee-focused Company"

Former Employee - Manager in Edgewood, MD
    Former Employee - Manager in Edgewood, MD

I worked at NMR Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NMR is one of the rare federal contracting companies that understands they have to take care of their people to be successful. NMR is not an anonymous body shop that stops at nothing to fill seats and bill hours like many of its competitors. NMR has put responsibility for success of customer projects on its own shoulders. I have seen the company take actions that cost them substantial amounts of money to make it right and satisfy customers. When its employees need support, they have always provided it and been an advocate for them. Its reputation as one of the best contracting companies to work for is well deserved.

Cons

The industry itself... contracting... just about guarantees that there will be periods of uncertainty as contracts approach their expiration. However, NMR has always been fair and loyal, and has done everything it can to ensure continuity in employment with any transition.

Advice to Management

Do not lose your employee focus in an industry that treats employees like commodities. The better you treat employees, the better they will treat customers, and the more success that can be shared for everybody. Keep it up!

9. "Committed to their employees"

Former Employee - Business Process Developer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Business Process Developer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at NMR Consulting (More than 5 years)

Pros

In my 5 years with NMR I found them to be committed to offering their employees as many opportunities as possible.
    The company goes far to keep employees on board. During the sequester in 2012 & 13 and the related contract issues my position was defunded. NMR found work for me at the company HQ that allowed time for a new contract vehicle to be found for me. Most other contractors would have immediately cut an employee.
    NMR is a relatively small company which allows them to truly know their employees. They know the long range plans and care about professional growth.

Cons

They are a smaller contractor so the lateral opportunities are a bit more limited. I see their size as a pro and a con- depending on what your employment goals are.

Advice to Management

Keep putting your employees first and working with them to make their goals a part your planning. As long as they continue to enjoy working for you they will be committed to you.

10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at NMR Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid benefits and pay, free training and certification bonuses, high referral bonuses, low turnover, and management actually cares about the employees! Most of the other contractors I work with would rather work for NMR.

Cons

Only a con for some but If you can't pull your own weight, you may not last long.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, don't lose touch with employees and customers.