NOCO Reviews | Glassdoor

NOCO Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2019

Found 32 reviews

3.4
NOCO CEO Jim Newman (no image)
Jim Newman
  1. "NOCO review"

Current Employee - Store Manager in East Aurora, NY

I have been working at NOCO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, employee treatment, ability to grow within business

Cons

None that I can think of

NOCO2019-04-09
  2. "Good company"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at NOCO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work around your personal life when able

Cons

They sold to a national company

NOCO2019-07-29

"Terrible company, terrible owners"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Tonawanda, NY

I worked at NOCO full-time for less than a year

Pros

Got to be out of office customer facing.

Cons

Newman's only care about themselves and their tight circle. Always find ways to pay you less. Avoid this company at all costs unless you just need something to fill a void for a couple months.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and maybe you'll retain some.

NOCO2019-07-25

"Clerical"

I worked at NOCO full-time

Pros

Nice co-workers. Good schedule. Good location.

Cons

Management creates unnecessary drama. Specifically on 2nd floor.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to find negatives in employees and focus more on loalty of employees.

NOCO2019-01-04

"Good company if you’re in the right hands...."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Tonawanda, NY

I worked at NOCO full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Super great company to work for -Manageable tasks if everyone does their part -Customers! -Most of the higher up people I’ve acquainted with are very sweet and friendly, like Kathy the woman who trained and certified me, and Jessica from HR is a huge sweetheart. -Decent hours (if you work by the book, and manager of course)

Cons

-STORE MANAGERS (don’t get warmed up to one persons ways, my store switched managers like underwear and my experience ended horrible due to my final one....) -Lottery jackpot nights!!! In good humor lol -Did not regard my call to corporate at all -Sexual Harassment my manager just called gross and made about her own self, and was never written up for a habitual customer months after complaining

Advice to Management

This company has it’s pros, but they are outweighed by the cons. I prided this company, worked for them as I thought they should be represented, it’s an incredible and reputable company. Though, the store I worked for, management did not follow proper work ethic. I was falsely accused and terminated over an issue that was not addressed before they had finalized it, did not let me view the surveillance of the shift I... worked that they accused me of things I was not guilty of, and I was CERTAIN I did not do the things they had accused me of and got rid of me over. I was not given the slightest chance, not questioned or addressed about the issue to understand it happened so I was able to correct it. Meanwhile, I am aware of things that were happening at my store that is very unethical, to the individuals themselves, and to the company. I called NOCO’s corporate office, because I loved this job and wanted to be heard out. I was not, not even called back. They turned a blind eye to what I had to say because they would not believe a word I say due to dishonest word of mouth, and the reason for termination. My store had gone through 4 managers as I was employed there. The last manager that was transferred to my store due to us not having a manager at the time, had stayed at the store, and ever since the store has gone so downhill, and almost seemed to not represent the company, which is something I like to regard, just did what they had to do. Anyone there longer than myself, which was eventually one person working at the store a longer duration than I, by about a year, at that store at least talked down at me, and my other co workers. Whatever they didn’t feel like completing on their shift, which was a significant amount, they would put on the relievers shift, and if the numerous tasks were not completed IN SATISFACTION to them, they would not directly address the individual(s) that worked the shift where things were not to liking of others who did not even keep up on their own tasks as well, never was I directly confronted by my manager for my wrong doings, I won’t say I did not make mistakes, but I corrected them. But I do not agree with the way I was confronted, by anyone other than my manager. It’s very unprofessional to not confront an employee on something against policy, or lack of effort, anything along the lines, and to instead have it travel through word of mouth from my assistant manager, who no longer works for this company, but he always kindly confronted me if I made a mistake and got written up, and would let me in on what my manager’s words were about the situation and to sign my write up, and further progress. With some jobs there are obstacles you learn from. My manager would also very often talk very rudely to me about my coworkers, even calling one stupid, when he’s a nice kid and gets taken advantage of easily due to his personality, she would vent to me about how she could not stand him and that he was stupid, can’t learn or remember anything. And of course, no matter how I felt about what was said, I never spoke what was spoke to me, I did NOT like to stir the pot of drama like these people at my store seemed to... I was the only individual besides one overnight and my assistant manager (who often listened to what he was told but always briefly confronted his employees because manager did not !!!!) who kept to themselves. Same went for customers, I would have customers come in and complain to me of other employees of the way they acted towards them and what they specifically did not like about them, I always kept to myself regarding such comments. Also ever since I had been terminated they have lost 3 people on going 4, and the current manager takes 1-2 months to train and certify employees, one had even walked out and never came back, with reason, got sick of training because it was too long for learning nothing. I was trained and certified in a week with who was originally my manager when I was hired. That person GREATLY represents noco and has very good work ethic, is surprisingly very professional and experienced considering the age he was, I’m young and he was not too much older than myself, and he was transferred to a better store that made more money because the DM said he was too good for ours, (which in the end turned to be true), and even while he was at my old store offered me assistant manager position he saw good in me. My old store is run so poorly and I feel bad that reflects on such a great and reputle company, loved the job it’s a shame they got rid of a genuine and honest employee over $8 worth they accused me of stealing... Not even an ear listened to my side or what I knew. Manager was just incredibly unprofessional and makes the name of the company look bad and had it out for people that didn’t deserve it....

NOCO2018-11-21
  6. "Good Job"

Current Employee - NOC Analyst I in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at NOCO full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible Schedule that allows for outside activities Good Management Great staff

Cons

Can get boring at times

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

NOCO2018-09-21
  7. "Retail Associate"

I worked at NOCO part-time

Pros

You can work with your schedule for time to work Generally friendly folks to deal with The training program for NOCO Express associates is top notch

Cons

When they say that the pay is good, it's really minimum wage. "good" depends on who you're talking to, but why call it competitive? Communications with your manager can be a real nuisance Call off times must be 4 hours before shift minimum, and sometimes that is NOT POSSIBLE, though I can understand why it's a pain to deal with a real attitude from your manager isn't very professional

Advice to Management

Work on communicating with employees, while maybe also integrating the gift card processing machine into the POS terminal

NOCO2018-05-11

"horrible bosses who know absolutely nothing about running the place"

I have been working at NOCO full-time

Pros

free coffee if u are a coffee drinker i suppose

Cons

i dare not say the "R" word here but it starts with r-a-c... their management needs to be replaced and have better control of induvidual store managers who treat people badly based on their race or gender. This was worse than usual when i picked up a shift at another of their stores nearby where the manager was a neurotic person who seemed to hate men(especially from certain background...)

Advice to Management

get better managers

NOCO2018-03-07
  9. "Great job before company was sold."

I have been working at NOCO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing management, support, pay and commission structure.

Cons

All of the pros became cons upon the sale of the company and transition to GH Berlin

NOCO2017-12-19
  10. "Engaging"

Former Employee - NAV Developer/Analyst in Tonawanda, NY

I worked at NOCO full-time for less than a year

Pros

The IT director was great to work for. Really good person and very fair. There are a lot of good people at that company.

Cons

Since IT is not the focus of the company, working in that department can be challenging. You have to make due with the resources provided, which may be fun for some people but could be frustrating to others.

NOCO2017-12-22