NORDAM Reviews | Glassdoor

NORDAM Reviews

2.0
Meredith Siegfried

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Generous benefits and salaries, family-owned environment (in 4 reviews)

• Great people, great environment, good benefits (in 4 reviews)

"Turn around and run"

Former Employee - Mechanic in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Tulsa, OK

I worked at NORDAM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, some great employees to work with.

Cons

You are expected to work lots of overtime while your managers and lead enjoy family time. Management and leads seem to run the good employees off. I know several managers who should be terminated.

Advice to Management

Meredith needs to watch the management and leads better. Management cost the company millions cause of bad leadership.

"Will The Captain Go Down With The Ship?"

Pros

No stress atmosphere. Pay almost reasonable. Most general working relationships were good.

Cons

Company acts like pay raises were under their seat and their butts were pinched too tight to release it to it's stakeholders. Too clickish! If you weren't one of the few that grew up together then you didn't advance. CEO is kept blind to what is really going on at the production level. Unlike the previous founder who knew executed a flawless business and employee respect. Lack of pre-qualified workers for most positions. They were trained on the job so if their trainer was wrong then guess what,,, their trainee was also wrong. QA hasn't any real idea of true quality control procedures except for one individual. She's really knowledgeable and informative. Kudos to her!!!
    They rush with a program and remodel a whole section of the plant just to have their quota filled a year early and no need for the remodeling.
    Everyone is so afraid to speak up for fear of being walked out. Management wouldn't last a day in the real world of management. Audits are performed like they were thought up in the 1800's.

Advice to Management

Pull your heads out and quit thinking all money. People and attitudes make a company powerful not the dollar bill. With peoples and the right attitude comes quality and pride and with pride comes perfection which generates returned revenues and positive financial success. Think about it!

"Family feud"

Former Employee - Bonder in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Bonder in Tulsa, OK

I worked at NORDAM full-time

Pros

The employees create a good atmosphere to work in. The people a friendly and will go out if there way to help each other

Cons

To many chiefs and not enough Indians as the old saying goes. Sometimes you can go around circles before get a answer.

Advice to Management

Get over your family feud. Just because one family member tries to go out on his own and sister doesn't like it she takes it out on employees that tried the grass on other side of fence. If anyone is acting immature it's her. What goes around comes around and one day it will bite her

4. "Better jobs out there..."

Former Employee - Marketing in New Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Marketing in New Tulsa, OK

I worked at NORDAM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely loved my tenure at NORDAM, but unfortunately got laid off a few years ago during massive company-wide layoffs. Pay was decent. I loved the busy aspect of my job and the domestic and international travel I got to do.

Cons

After a while on the job, I found out what a back stabbing bunch of childish girls I worked with. Then they laid off my awesome manager and put me under this butt - kissing know it all who would throw you under the bus every chance she got. She is/was pure EVIL. Then they cut our pay in order to keep most of us only to be surprisingly laid off completely out of the blue a few months later. The Siegfrieds run everything. Never ever forget that.

Advice to Management

None because it would fall on deaf ears.

5. "Used to be a Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at NORDAM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most Employees treat each other like family and work to help each other out especially in a time of personal crisis. Worked with a lot of really great people.
    Oportunity to learn alot about the aerospace industry and make contacts across the globe

Cons

In recent years the turn over in management has brought in many folks just looking to make it to retirement. They did not care about doing the right things, nor did they care about their employees. Proper training and tools to do your job is difficult to come by. Work-life balance is non-existant, especially for anyone in support staff positions. Also Managers are not interested in accountablity nor giving credit where it is due. Considering the aviation industry is so regulated, I cannot believe the pass the audits they do, especially when error and mistakes are made daily and no one in management ever works to correct the root problem.
    Could be a first class company again if 'real' managers were employed, most presently don't have a clue what is going on or what needs to be done to fix it.
    I never have understood how a manager could support their people when they don't have a single clue what their people do or are supposed to do.
    When you can't 'walk' in their shoes - how can you lead them?

Advice to Management

If you dump all the work onto your 'star' workers, they just become burned out! That has been evident in the last year with several very good people passing from stress related illnesses.
    Quit worry about the bottom line and start focusing on Quality of work and Quality of Life.
    Do the right thing all the time and everything else will fall into place!
    ***Bill Peacher has not been the CEO for many years. The current CEO is a Siegfried family member

6. "Very hostile work environment"

Former Employee - IT Area in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - IT Area in Tulsa, OK

I worked at NORDAM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

my work schedule was flexible

Cons

Bed bugs, a case of bed was found and or area was notified days after they found the bugs. Management lacks experience in leading people. Management allows stakeholders to yell and speak negatively to IT staff. I happen to work for the Director that calls himself the "the gay trouble maker", on Vimeo. The director that I reported to was rated one of the worst in the whole company on an employee survey and they kept him. More than half of the department left the company and it was a very cohesive group for the exception of the director. I have never worked at a company where the managers and directors have such a disrespect for their employees. What is odd is the executives and family members are always respectful. There is just a huge issue with the director and managers and the HR dept.. HR at NORDAM is a meant to support the managers and directors. If you are an employee with an issue keep it to yourself because you don't have an HR department to help you.

Advice to Management

Always take in everyones opinion and realize there are good ideas that may not be yours. Value your employees they also deserve respect. Look up the definition to boundaries.

"The real NORDAM"

Pros

The learning opportunities are great. NORDAM works on a lot of different things.

Cons

The company seems to be all that matters. They say they want you to have a balanced life with work and family, but reality seems to be company comes first.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and their knowledge. Stop leading from your ivory towers.

"Ok"

Pros

I had nice working colleagues

Cons

I have seen better management

9. "Engineer Review"

Former Employee - Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at NORDAM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As an engineer you will gain a lot of structural repair knowledge.
    Exposed to plenty of product types from nacelle components to flight controls.
    Work life balance.

Cons

Management does not have an idea what they are doing.
    Indecisive management.

10. "Great experience, bad management"

Former Employee - Repair Development Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Repair Development Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at NORDAM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work-life balance, good colleagues, own time management,

Cons

bad management, no system, messy

Advice to Management

wake up the idea