KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.4
NRC Health CEO and Director Michael D. Hays
Michael D. Hays

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people trying to do a lot with little direction and not enough resources.(in 19 reviews)
  • "NRC has a great culture which creates an unlimited earning potential.(in 16 reviews)
  • "hours are flexible – with a little 'outside regular hours work' but I can arrive late the next day to make up for that.(in 9 reviews)
  • "The work/life balance is great at NRC Health!(in 8 reviews)
  • "Great team, Love working with the director and VP(in 8 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of NRC Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

NA

May 27, 2022 - Technical Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Its a good company to work for

Cons

no comments on this company

2. 2.0

Meh

Jun 19, 2022 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generous PTO and great colleagues

Cons

High turnover - I’ve seen plenty of people leave, which adds responsibility for no added comp. None have come back.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Nrc

May 15, 2022 - Senior Revenue Management Analyst in Lincoln, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible job environment with good benefits.

Cons

High turnover rate with employees and managers.

Associate Talent

Thank you for leaving your comments and glad to see that you enjoyed your time with NRC Health! Right now with the current environment, companies all over are seeing employees moving on to other employment. We are happy to say that we have many employees that return to us after leaving, because they really missed the company and culture, which really speaks volumes about our organization. Thank you again for your review.

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good at beginning, culture varies depending on team

Apr 12, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Welcoming culture initially. Great internship experience. Room to move up.

Cons

Over worked with average compensation. Lots of turn over on the service and technical side. No changes being made my upper management to address turn over. Training program is improving but still lacking.

3 people found this review helpful

Associate Talent

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is important to us, so we appreciate it! We do make sure to review our compensation, so we can remain competitive in the space. Glad to see your felt very welcomed with our culture, which really does set us apart from other companies! I couldn't agree more about our internship programs and the endless possibilities to grow. Thank you again!

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Decent

Apr 5, 2022 - Project Specialist in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being able to work remotely.

Cons

There is lack of training Raises don’t match the increasing cost of living A lot of turnover in all areas of the company causing overwork while constantly on waiting on backfill over and over again

2 people found this review helpful

Associate Talent

We always appreciate feedback, so thank you for taking time. We do review our compensation and do a full analysis, so we can remain competitive. We also pay for performance and reward for doing great work! Thank you again for your feedback!

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

amazing

Feb 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great work environment, friendly, supportive

Cons

culture, work life balance, place

Associate Talent

We do have a really great environment, as you mentioned, along with a very friendly, collaborative, supportive culture. I am would love to learn more as to why you feel you don't have a good work-life balance, as we really want associates to take time as they need and encourage time off. Please let us know if you care to elaborate, so we can help in any way.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Decent money for the job

Feb 18, 2022 - Data Specialist in Lincoln, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, good health insurance, good PTO

Cons

boring work, lots of deadlines

Associate Talent

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. Sorry to hear that you feel your working is not as engaging as you like. Have you talked to your leader about taking on any special projects or tapping into any other interests? Glad to see that you enjoy all the benefits here! Hopefully you can find some more tasks to take on to keep things fun and engaging!

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Proceed with caution

Feb 12, 2022 - Customer Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of really smart, kind people Above average work/life balance Young professionals can learn a lot and be given quite a bit of responsibility early in their careers

Cons

A fantastic trajectory somehow got flipped upside down. The culture, politics, strategy, and treatment of associates were impacted significantly by a number of factors. Compensation model poorly structured and executed. A mass exodus of wonderful people and institutional knowledge (IMHO, due more to the first con listed than the second) will likely impact growth for the business.

4 people found this review helpful

Associate Talent

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback. NRC Health really values the thoughts and ideas of our current and past associates, so we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Needs Some Work

Feb 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO and flexible work schedule. Some of the people you work with are truly amazing and you can learn a lot from them. The purpose of the company can be rewarding if you care about healthcare experiences.

Cons

The comp plan is not sustainable if NRC plans to continue to grow. It will be extremely difficult to find sales talent and have them buy into the comp plan with its current structure. They need to award individuals for their successes versus having it tied to the entire teams successes. You have employees who are outperforming others in terms of metrics, but don't hit large bonuses due to their success being tied to the team.

5 people found this review helpful

Associate Talent

Glad to see that you enjoy the PTO and the flexibility around schedules. You hit the nail on the head about the associates and they are all amazing individuals. We really have some of the best and brightest around! With change in compensation structure we wanted it to be a more "team" based approach and everyone really works together. We are all in this together and it makes sense in making it more collaborative in nature. Thank you for your feedback!

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very poor experience

Mar 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely smart and talented people.

Cons

Horrible work culture. Toxic. High-competition yields extreme degrees of politics at the upper levels, that impedes ability to successfully accomplish work at the lower levels of the org.

5 people found this review helpful

Associate Talent

Sorry to read that your experience wasn't positive. We pride ourselves in an excellent culture, and I know that is a big reason people love their experience with NRC Health. I would agree that we have very smart and talented associates and that's another reason as to why we are such a great company! It's the drive and ideas that keep us moving forward. Thank you for taking time to leave a review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 209 Reviews

NRC Health Reviews FAQs

NRC Health has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 221 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at NRC Health to a friend and 49% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, NRC Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at NRC Health. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

53% of NRC Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NRC Health 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at NRC Health to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with NRC Health Job Seekers