NRC Health Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
NRC Health CEO and Director Michael D. Hays
Michael D. Hays

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • NRC has a culture that is protective of work/life balance (you will never work 60 (in 14 reviews)

• generous pto, health insurance for single people, location, free beer (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • outdated systems and products, out of touch CEO, COO, and President, high turnover (in 3 reviews)

1. "So Much Fun!"

Current Employee - Data Management Specialist
    Current Employee - Data Management Specialist

Pros

Working at NRC is the best. We have a great team of people who all work well together with mutual respect and teamwork. Benefits are great, and leadership recognizes associates who work hard.

Cons

Parking downtown, but NRC does a great job of making that easier on associates.

Dec 8, 2016 – Director, Associate Talent

Thanks for your positive feedback! We're doing our best to further improve our parking options as best we can. Thanks for understanding!

"Great People, Questionable Direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at NRC Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, work/life balance, travel autonomy (if you're on a sales or service team), and competitive benefits. Beer30 on Fridays!

Cons

For all the talk about being an "inside out" company, the new leadership does not seem to relate well to employees. There have been a lot of changes over the past 2 years and while they have not all been bad, a number of them have flown in the face of the company culture NRC used to pride itself on.

Advice to Management

Make more of an effort to manage people like they're people, not products. Provide more growth opportunities/career development for tenured employees.

Dec 8, 2016 – Director, Associate Talent

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We're doing our best to gather this type of information through our monthly on-line 'stay' surveys. If you haven't already, expect to receive one in the next... More

"Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at NRC Health (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the people are great, nice downtown location, says they are flat but they are not, provides free alcohol on Fridays... simply to cope

Cons

Poor management, hypocritical leadership, lots of drama

Advice to Management

Put people first and not your pocket books.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

If you filter the review score by location, you'll see that the most people in the Seattle office are happy with their jobs. Depending on where you apply, your experience may vary from mine.

- You get to work with very smart, friendly people; great team dynamic due to mutual respect among colleagues and high sense of ownership.
    - The people around you invest in you, and the company makes an effort to help you achieve your career goals.
    - You get to solve interesting problems using latest technologies (.NET shop), and your work is immediately visible.
    - Central location in downtown Seattle.
    - NRC has a culture that is protective of work/life balance (you will never work 60+ hours a week here, unless you want to).

Cons

- Part of the company was sold off, so the office feels kind of empty.
    - High intention to communicate and leverage technology to do so, but it's not the same as working with people in the same office.

5. "Implementation Specialist"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at NRC Health (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, true to their culture and values, people are fun to work with, great work/life balance and benefits.

Cons

None that I can see.

"Technical #2"

Current Employee - Tech in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Tech in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at NRC Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Same as in my original review (Apr 22, 2013)

There has been incremental progress in terms of developing tech infrastructure ... possibly learning from consequences?

Cons

Largely same as in my original review (Apr 22, 2013)

Leadership always quits the most important tech overhaul/improvement initiatives when they realize that it's "just too complicated and expensive".

Lots of resource waste and ill-conceived planning.

Turnover continues to be a problem ... the 'disease' progresses (organizational ADHD, shortsighted goals, lack of infrastructure dev/doc, generally poor management all around).

Culture/values are really cliche and eye-rolling

Advice to Management

See my original review (Apr 22, 2013)

There is huge potential at NRC, and that is why I remain on board. Just waiting for a change in C-suite, which is long overdue!

"Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at NRC Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance. You get a ton of flexibility and freedom to do your job your own way (depending on what division you are in). The earning potential is also light-years ahead of any other company that I have seen hire entry level. Very fun, casual atmosphere

Cons

Near-sighted goals can be stressful. Executive leadership turnover creates a lot of uncertainty.

Advice to Management

If possible, try to create some stability in policy and company initiatives. Try to avoid constantly changing territories to let sales people build more relationships and cultivate.

Apr 14, 2016 – Director, Associate Talent

Thank you for the positive review. NRC takes pride in offering our associates the flexibility and freedom to manage their own success. You're right - building relationships with our potential clients... More

8. "Good place"

Pros

Great culture, fun coworkers, lots of PTO

Cons

limited growth options, only ok pay

9. "Great Company, Unlimited Earning Potential"

I have been working at NRC Health full-time

Pros

NRC has a great culture which creates an unlimited earning potential. You have flexibility to fulfill "life" responsibilities, no questions asked. NRC allows you to travel at your convenience but expected to meet goals for onsite meetings etc. Sales managers provide guidance when needed and are willing to travel to close business. Every Friday you can attend the beer thirty in the afternoon before you leave. Also team celebrate performance of hitting goals etc.

Innovative company to develop new products to meet client needs.

Cons

Continuous change every year whether it's territory or otherwise. Low salary.

"Okay but not great long term"

I have been working at NRC Health full-time

Pros

The company has a very flexible work environment. In addition, a majority of the employees are friendly and helpful.

Cons

The company struggles with communication in general. The company vision and direction is unclear, and many employees are left without career advancement or development.

Advice to Management

One thought might be to actually sit down with the employees and ask them where they want to go and develop a plan around that or diagram out potential career paths.

Dec 21, 2015 – Director, Associate Talent

Thank you for your honest feedback. You're right - we do need to sit down with our associates and develop a career plan. We're working to encourage this throughout 2016. Stay tuned!