NRS Media Reviews

Updated May 9, 2021

3.1
NRS Media Global CEO 	Neil Tanner (no image)
Neil Tanner
Pros
  • "Met some great people that previously worked here and still work here(in 6 reviews)

• "regular coaching every week whether it's side by side or listening to your call's really helps you develop into a brilliant ISE(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "extremely high staff turnover - over 70% within 1 year(in 4 reviews)

• "No comms, no recognition, no career growth, greedy and sneaky Country Managers and MD's(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0

Former Employee and Road Warrior that loved my job

May 14, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

travel to places you never thought you'd end up, personal growth- lots of training for employees, team-oriented environment, fun and smart people in leadership as well as in the ranks, great travel perks- you keep all your frequent traveler points, loads of vacation time to compensate for heavy travel.

Cons

travel can be tiring and overwhelming, lacked growth strategies for company success, in need of inspirational leader.

3 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Specialist

Thank you for your comments. We are very happy to hear that our employees are enjoying the benefits of working for NRS, including travel, personal growth, training, a team-oriented environment, and generous vacation time. Since the time of your comments in May 2014, we have a new CEO, Neil Tanner, and a clear growth strategy for the company’s future success. We appreciate that leaders who micromanage or simply dictate will not achieve the best results and strongly believe that our renewed leadership team possesses the skills needed to inspire our employees to deliver results to their full potential. Thank you once again for your feedback.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good

Jan 21, 2020 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best place to work. Be prepared to work

Cons

Daily hectic work schedule all year round

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pros

Great general training. Entertaining motivational speakers and vision casting from the very top of the organization and great people to work with.

Cons

Enormous disconnect between the vision cast and the actual experience. Succesful transistion can be tough with excellent leadership, AND nearly impossible when there are weak leadership links, frequent directional & policy changes, and a bad NRS Media brand, especially in more mature markets.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

The US office on life support

Aug 5, 2015 - Account Director in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was a cool culture and very innovative in its approach to sales and media consulting. Also used to be a fun culture where great ideas flew to the top and made things happen.

Cons

No longer do they value people and the travel is a grind. After being acquired by non media people in 2014 it has been run into the ground with slashes and cuts. Atlanta once had over 55 employees and now down to about 6 employees so quite crushing for the spirit.

6 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Specialist

Thank you for your comments. There have been a number of changes since the business was acquired in 2014, including a complete restructure of our US business. Prior to the acquisition, our US business was operating poorly, both financially and in terms of customer satisfaction which forced some difficult decisions. The new owners have a clear vision for the future and the majority of our customers tell us that they are more than happy with the changes that have been made. Many of our employees look forward to travelling as part of their job and recent changes now provide for a much improved work/life balance. Our new management team in the US is working hard to make the business profitable and provide great service to our clients, which is largely possible due to their international business experience and the fact that they have also worked with NRS Media for many years from the media partner side. Thank you once again for your feedback.

5. 3.0

Old school thinking

May 27, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to travel, be a part of a team.

Cons

Old way thinking - "we've always done it this way". Inflexible.

7 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to offer our employees the opportunity to travel as part of their work and to be part of a great team! NRS Media was acquired in April 2014. With the introduction of our new CEO in April 2014, Neil Tanner, we have taken a look at all of the ways we do business and considered new ways to approach them. We encourage all of our employees to make suggestions if they believe there is a better way of getting something done. We certainly want our employees to feel heard and we take seriously all recommendations that could help us improve our business and carry us forward.

6. 2.0

Project Manager

Aug 17, 2015 - Project Manager in Smyrna, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to travel Autonomy in decision making for the most part

Cons

No opportunity to advance Company in state of flux

4 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Specialist

Thanks for your comments. We are pleased to offer our employees the ability to travel and to have autonomy in their roles. The Project Manager role has evolved into a Sales Operations Specialist position to reflect the new skills in operations management and specialized knowledge in reporting that are now required of the role. Our current employees have benefited from additional training that will help them succeed not only at NRS but also in their career. We believe these changes have helped advance and progress this role within NRS Media. Thank you once again for your review.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

Account Specialist

Aug 9, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Its really an awesome place

Cons

I don't have any cons

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Place to Work

May 9, 2021 - Sales Operation Director in Oakville, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really enjoyed my time there

Cons

Not really anything was a con

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Mar 31, 2021 - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in Greater Noida
      Business Outlook

Pros

Every that company provide and it is good

Cons

No cons at all as i know

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

g

Mar 11, 2021 - Sales Associate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

hard to reach set targets

Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Reviews