NTI Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dr. M.J. Willard

1. "Great People Who Care"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in San Angelo, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in San Angelo, TX

I worked at NTI part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very positive and supportive with disabled employees. Helps talented people with disabilities find meaningful work.

Cons

Undercapitalized. Could be the leader of the next wave in work from home industry providing exceptional opportunities for disabled workers.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and build a strong company.

2. "Horrible"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at NTI part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work at home positions for disabled and Vet

Cons

No communication; poor customer service; don't answer questions; no call backs.

3. "Great Company that is helping the disability community who aren't able to leave home. Greatful for the opportunity."

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at NTI part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Disability friendly and empathetic.
    Wonderful training program.
    Understand that their is room for advancement
    Always available to answer any questions
    Recruiters and Trainers are excellent at motivating and helping

Cons

I have none, so far.

"Extremely Poor management!!!"

Former Employee - IRS OEC
    Former Employee - IRS OEC

I worked at NTI part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employment with company enables disabled individuals to work from home.

Cons

NTI was extremely lacking in communication! They failed to reply to emails and telephone calls. They lost quite a bit of my and several other employee's money by entrusting it with a flexible benefits company which was owned, directed and managed by one individual. The individual who operated the company stole millions of dollars and was indicted. Out of several hundred dollars that was stolen NTI claimed that I was only due a refund of less than $30 with no further explanation. Because I work on a seasonal basis, I was recently offered to continue employment with them as a re-hire but once I questioned the loss of my funds, I was immediately terminated with no explanation or communication. I had sent all requested paperwork and after it was sent I never heard from them again. I find this to be very suspicious and I truly believe that something dishonest is going on with this company. They are so discourteous that they wouldn't even give the courtesy of a reply to emails or messages left. BEWARE!!!!

Advice to Management

At least have the courteousness to reply to emails and telephone calls. You initiate the process of rehire and request paperwork and then disappear with all of it. I will be reporting this to the Social Security Administration and other appropriate authorities.

"Home based agent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NTI part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working from home is great.

Cons

Little communication with coworkers and supervisors

"Trainer"

Pros

Schedule Flexibility
    Worked with great group of people

Cons

Would have liked more opportunities to train

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Instructor in Rogers, AR
    Current Employee - Instructor in Rogers, AR

I have been working at NTI (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff and students are wonderful!

Cons

Dont have any cons at this time

Advice to Management

Doing an outstanding job

"Great in Theory"

Former Employee - Former Core in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Former Core in Boston, MA

I worked at NTI full-time

Pros

Company mission-one of few companies working as advocates for individuals with disabilities to join or rejoin the workforce. NTI is as an employment agency.
    Many Americans with disabilities throughout the country who would otherwise be unemployed are given the opportunity to feel useful again as well as have a source of income and contribute to the workforce.
    Core staff who work directly for NTI have very flexible work schedules and opportunities to work from home. As with most non-profit organizations the lower level staff who do the bulk of the grunt work aren't paid much, however this is made up for somewhat by strong benefits options with above average employer contributions for health and dental insurance. With time and increased benefits cost, this changed over the years but still better than what is offered in the Boston area.
    NTI firmly believes in promoting from within. This might not necessarily be the best idea when promoting under qualified individuals but it's nice to know that even in a small non profit there is opportunity for growth.
    Due to the size of the company organization there is ample opportunity for employees to cross train and wear multiple hats. In that sense the company is a good non profit for an individual right out of college to start out in in order to gain experience.
    Having gained some experience, an individual who has professional aspirations will likely leave the organization after a year or two.

Cons

Disorganized: For a company that as been in business for over 20 years there is no true structure. Change is good but change that is done randomly, every few months and without much thought to laws and all the changing factors is not good for the overall business structure. These changes are borderline unethical even.
    High Turnover: I am not referring to the turnover among the disabled staff. Within the core staff of no more than 45 employees the turnover has been higher than 70% over the past 2 years. The staff is now a shell of it's former self. A lot of this turnover was not due purely to mediocre salaries but more so bad management, inequity at many levels, pettiness at even the highest levels of management, and the tendency for top management to reward staff based on who behaves obsequiously, especially for one's own advantage rather than on performance. There have been quite a few cases of people being promoted, offered higher salary and yet they jump ship because of ineffective supervisors.
    Others have mentioned discrimination in their reviews-I did not want to focus on that but indeed there have been cases of discrimination which is very disturbing in this day and age.
    Advocacy: The mission is to advocate for disabled individuals but quite a few people have lost sight of why one works for NTI. I can count so many instances of management not truly advocating for these individuals, they are treated in some cases as just a number. Try to genuinely care, it is not that difficult to do.
    Under qualified Managers-it is quite distressing to see individuals who could not get a job at any reputable firm, who can barely put a proper sentence together and cannot write a performance review to save their lives, in director roles. Quite often the lower level staff is more competent than the department head. Staff get so discouraged at having to report to clueless department heads that they left the company rather than continue with the incompetence.

Advice to Management

A thorough audit of the job titles, job descriptions, and related salaries is needed. The COO needs to recruit and maintain competent staff with advice from HR who's there to provide guidance. Pay based on performance rather than on who sucks up to him. HR is the backbone of the company, a competent HR Director is needed along with a full revamp of the policies and procedures in place. Structure, proper work ethic and competence is what NTI currently lacks. Make NTI great again!

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Representative in Topeka, KS
    Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Representative in Topeka, KS

Pros

I work on the Meijer contract. Great people, great work, I love my job! I have worked for NTI/Meijer for nearly a year and am still thrilled with the job. Meijer is a great company and NTI has really done a good job of matching me with the right position. I work from home and it has been a blessing to do so.

Cons

None, at this time, only pros.

Advice to Management

Maybe better pay but other than that, I can't think of anything. Keep up the good work!

11. "Review"

Pros

Great People throughout the company

Cons

Work can be repetitive sometimes.