NTS Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "CEO Cyrus Driver"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at NTS Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hands on experience to learn from the CEO Cyrus Driver, family oriented environment, always willing to go the extra step to help out in any situation

Cons

I HAVE NO CONS FOR THIS JOB AT ALL.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great work! Many Thanks to
    CEO-Cyrus Driver
    EVP, Sales & Advanced Services -Angel Kandahari
    Director- Inside Sales, Account Management and Retention -Chris Ramirez

Apr 6, 2017 – Management

Thank for taking the time to give us your review and provide such positive feedback!

2. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at NTS Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Advancement opportunities. The only true fiber to the premises provider in the region. Super fast internet for dirt cheap speeds. Reliable enough for most people. The company is investing a lot of money in upgrading the network for voice, data, and video, but there is still a lot of old equipment on the network, and it's a disruption to move things over. The current ownership / management team is a big improvement over the last one, and they will be gone in a couple of years, so there is a chance for promotions when the current owners sell the company and presumably the new owners will need people to step up from inside the company. Health insurance takes effect immediately upon hire, and it's decent (BCBS) with low out of pocket premiums for a family.

Cons

Installation can take a long time and often requires handholding by the sales rep. All the sales reps are climbing all over each other - no territories or other way of splitting up opportunities. Too many sales reps in the Lubbock area. Reliability is far from 100% or even 99%. Management is making a lot of (much needed) changes, so the changes that directly affect sales reps are still months away, which is frustrating. No CRM. The customer management suite is awful and leads to big problems with installations and customer support. It's very difficult to find important information about existing customers.

Advice to Management

Revamp the entire installation process, especially for new business sales. This is a customer's introduction to NTS, don't make it a hassle and keep them apprised from start to finish rather than sending out techs randomly and nobody catching stuff that falls through the cracks. The sales rep shouldn't be the first one to hear from the customer about a no-show by an installation tech.... a week after the fact. Also you should evaluate the pay gap between inside sales and outside sales. When the entire inside sales team routinely hits 100%+ of $5000 quota, and the outside sales team maybe has 1 or 2 reps hitting $2500 quota each month, things are out of whack.

Dec 9, 2016 – Management

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At NTS, we are committed to providing the best service and support that we can to our customers. As we continue to grow our company, we are ... More

3. "Great Company, Friendly Staff"

I have been working at NTS Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NTS is a smaller company so the employees are like a friendly, supportive community. The management team seems smart and very dedicated to growing the company. The work is challenging but very rewarding. Plus the company offers good insurance options, 401K and paid vacations and holidays!

Cons

As of now, I have no cons. My experience with the company has been great so far and I hope to stay with NTS for many years!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Dec 9, 2016 – Management

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and let us know how we are doing. At NTS, we are dedicated to not only growing the company but providing the best possible work experience to ... More

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Lubbock, TX

Pros

Their Product was very good

Cons

Limited Commissions-No Residuals-To many salea people

Advice to Management

Re-Group

Dec 9, 2016 – Management

Thank you for the feedback and review. At NTS we are committed to providing the best products and services to our customers that we can so we appreciate your positive feedback on our products ... More

6. "Run of the mill call center."

Former Employee - Tier I Tech in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Tier I Tech in Lubbock, TX

Pros

Pay is okay. Free donuts on Friday mornings. Free coffee when they decide to have it stocked.

Cons

7th floor is hot as hell in the summer. Cold as the tundra in the winter.

Advice to Management

Give raises to the people that are making you the money. Stop giving the CEO and his cronies raises. We are the brains and labor behind the scenes. We are the brains that come up with the resolves we implement. You do nothing. No chance for further advancement with the new CEO. Health insurance is a rip off. $60 a paycheck for 10k deductible.

Dec 9, 2016 – Management

Thank you for your taking the time to write a review about your employment at NTS. We are committed to creating a comfortable, positive, and transparent environment for all of our employees. So, we ... More

"Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Lubbock, TX

I worked at NTS Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working for this organization!

Cons

Scam, run from this company. Employment ad is falsely advertised. Revolving door of sales reps so they do not have to pay commissions. Oversaturated market (16 reps in Lubbock is a joke), poor customer service, untruthful sales approach, no professional leadership. This is a company of lies and deception to the customers and employees.

Advice to Management

Re-Brand. Get rid of the CEO as he is running this company into the ground. Get rid of the directors. Stop taking advantage of the good people of Lubbock. Be honest, pay commissions when the jobs are sold and hire installers that can deliver services in a respectable time.

Dec 9, 2016 – Management

Thank you for your feedback. We are truly sorry that your experience at NTS did not match our intention of being the best place you have ever worked. Our senior leadership and management are always ... More

"Translations Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Pros

Great comradery between coworkers & good communication. Management is very supportive of the team needs. Flexible with time off.

Cons

Raises and upward mobility almost non-existent. Great entry level job for experience though. They only promote friends or bring in people from outside of the company.

9. "Poor Treatment of employees not realted to management"

Former Employee - General Foreman in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - General Foreman in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at NTS Communications (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a nice yard for parking

Cons

Pay is below standard for field level, vehicles are in poor condition, no vacation time for supervision, Owner is too present in everyday dealings

Advice to Management

Lead by example

10. "Great Place to work with great folks!"

I have been working at NTS Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Local community of workers and living conditions. I love the people around West Texas! Small and nibble company with lots of talent.

Cons

Smaller work environment with less access to big city. It may not be the big city, but that is also a plus.

Advice to Management

Be friendly and open to all. We are a complete team from the head to the toe.

11. "Worst company ever, bankrupt in a year"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Lubbock, TX

Pros

Flexible work schedule that allows you plenty of time to cry over your paycheck

Cons

With the new CEO, the company took a bad turn and one they aren't likely to recover from. Do not take a job with this company unless you want to hate life, have customers hate you and not be able to sell the product. When you don't sell an unwell able product. YOU WILL BE FIRED.

Advice to Management

Fire all management, sell to the competition and close your doors, because Cyrus driver has definitely turned the company around, from profit to total and complete failure.