NTT America Reviews | Glassdoor

NTT America Reviews

Updated January 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great benefits - PTO, paid holidays, health coverage, etc (in 6 reviews)

• good pay and staff, loved the people I worked with, and as stable as they come (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They offer no training and there is absolutely no possibility of advancement (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management always came from Japan and they brought their Japanese way of thinking to the office in San Jose (in 4 reviews)

"My Worst Employment Experience Ever"

Former Employee - New Accounts Development in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - New Accounts Development in Denver, CO

Pros

I was fired today without warning and without cause after working at NTTA in Denver for three days, so I cannot think of a single "pro". Avoid this unethical, unprofessional and demeaning outfit.

Cons

I was subjected to a lengthy interviewing (four interviews) and detailed background screening process over a six week period prior to accepting the position and beginning employment at NTTA. On day one I was barely welcomed as a new employee. On days one and two the computer at my desk was not working properly. I spent two hours with a tech person in DC/Virginia on the phone., who was unable to troubleshoot the problem. (NTTA is a tech company). The sole person - at the next cube - who was there to train me on their complex systems and procedures was disinterested, unprofessional and was put out to proactively assist me. She was most unpleasant and insular. I sent an email to HR in NYC re: the computer problem and the lack of training. How were my legitimate concerns addressed? On day three I was summoned into the office of a most unpleasant woman (with whom I'd had no previous interaction) who informed me I was being discharged. She offered no explanation other than saying, "it's not a good fit." When I asked for an reason she literally laughed in my face and said, smugly, "Colorado is an 'at will' employment state. We don't have to give you an explanation." When I questioned that, she said, rudely, "I'm not going to debate this with you. Just leave." At NTTA they apparently find it more expedient to get rid of the messenger than address actual issues and concerns. I was appalled ant my grossly unprofessional and offensive handling. I had been subjected to a protracted interviewing process only to be spat out within days of beginning employment. Avoid this unethical company!

Advice to Management

Seriously, get a clue. Cultivate integrity, civility, ethics and basic manners. The way I was treated was unconscionable and goes down as the worst employment decision and experience in my life.

"disappointing experience"

Former Employee - Manager in Flower Mound, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Flower Mound, TX

I worked at NTT America (More than a year)

Pros

incredible insurance mostly paid by company

Cons

leadership is lacking; one certain business unit spends all the money and has no responsibility for what they spend; HR cares more about protecting themselves rather than working with employees and getting details on things that go on; no communication from upper management to managers; lack of teamwork from groups within own department; severely underpaid for what I was doing and responsible for;

3. "QA Manager / lead"

Current Employee - QA Manager/Lead in Artesia, CA
    Current Employee - QA Manager/Lead in Artesia, CA

I have been working at NTT America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Flexible hours.
    2. Can learn different domains
    3. Cross-functional team interactions experience.

Cons

1. Unstable with employment status
    2. No motivation
    3. No salary hikes

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Corporate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Corporate in Denver, CO

I have been working at NTT America full-time

Pros

Really enjoy my position at NTTA. Came in on ground floor position and have worked my way up the corporate ladder. Great people, benefits, and working conditions.

Cons

Working with and dealing with those toxic employees who are negative about the company. Listening to the same "poor me" stories and complaints over and over. These kinds of employees should be shown the front door as they bring the morale down on everyone that is exposed to their constant whining and negativity.

Advice to Management

Salaries seem to be below the standard when compared to the same position outside the company - adjust or offer better annual percentage raises. Promote from within and across other business units within NTTA.

"Account Manager - Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at NTT America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am fairly new to the organization. I appreciate my amazing coworkers and strong leadership team. There's definitely a sense of family and belonging in our success culture. Even though we are large company, our organization is very close and nimble. I also love the fact that our customers love us, this isn't something I'm necessarily used to in my former jobs. Last, the benefits are great and the pay lines up with my drive to succeed.

Cons

With such a tight-knit group comes less autonomy; for me, it's balancing my love for my team with time to focus on my own effectiveness like working remote on occasion or spending more time with my clients.

Advice to Management

We have a lot of internal processes which seem too manual and time-consuming. It would be great if we could streamline some of those and cut down on time if we implement use some of the new technologies we work with.

7. "Positive Culture, The Perfect Environment For A Go-Getter, Rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Pros

- Growth potential/promotions. In just the last year, I have personally witnessed over 10 promotions. It's the ideal sales environment: put in the work, meet/exceed bench marks and be a positive team player and your hard work/effort will certainly be recognized and rewarded
    - Benefits package is extensive
    - Comp plans / benchmarks are realistic and rewarding
    - Accessibility and communication within departments and upper management
    - NTTA has an excellent reputation within the industry; it's easy to get behind the product/support teams and feel proud of the company you work for
    - Positive atmosphere in the office. For example, breakfast is delivered every Monday, there are occasional BBQs, potlucks, Pizza is normally ordered for the entire office during big sporting events, Foosball table on site, and there is almost always a team/dept contest going on. Prizes include TVs, iPads, time off, domestic/international trips, large sums of money etc
    - Management empowers their employees by giving them space to work (micro-managing is rare) and provides many useful resources to ensure their sales and marketing reps have exactly what they need to be successful in their role. It is the ideal environment for that go-getter salesperson who is resourceful, proactive, and hungry for success

Cons

- Understandably, nearly everyone in the organization travels which can sometimes slow down processes. It's important to understand this simple fact and be proactive/persistent with following up on action items.

Advice to Management

- Continue focusing on creating a positive, rewarding, and empowering environment.

8. "Consulting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at NTT America (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large client base, lots of consulting opportunity

Cons

Not much visibility with sr management

9. "The Global IP Business unit has a HORRIBLE sales environment. Churn and burn."

Pros

Good network. Strong technical and engineering individuals. Hard working employees. Most decisions are made local so no need to involve Japan

Cons

A couple reps are successful who manage large assigned accounts . Most don't last a year. Take the job if you need it otherwise keep looking .

Advice to Management

Look at it or do you really not care?

10. "Linux System Engineer"

Former Employee - Linux Systems Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Linux Systems Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at NTT America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Benefits Package
    Supportive Upper Management
    Strong employee work ethic and genuine team environment
    Some opportunities to improve your skill sets

Cons

Uncertain working hours, since the shift you work might change
    Slightly below average base pay when compared to the market pay rate
    Very difficult to obtain anything but the smallest pay raise if you are not one of the top employee performers.

Advice to Management

Saving money by keeping employee raises low is penny wise but pound foolish. Being fair and competitive with market conditions will likely aid long run retention.

"Awful Corporate Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at NTT America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

benefits are ok; it is a stable business and some people work there for years; nothing else positive to share

Cons

Bad communication between departments and within departments; absolutely no training - sink or swim environment; very long hours and no life work balance; very hard to implement any changes; management does not invest in employees development;