NTT Global Data Centers Americas, Inc. Employee Reviews about "ragingwire"

Updated Dec 2, 2020

Found 13 of over 128 reviews

4.0
NTT Global Data Centers Americas, Inc. CEO Doug Adams (no image)
Doug Adams

57 Comments

Tech

211.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=NTT Global Data Centers Americas, Inc.~242665
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and pay at all levels(in 11 reviews)
  • "The only good thing about the time I was there are the great people I met and found friendships with.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Friendly work environment.(in 5 reviews)
  • "amazing people, culture, work life balance and great benefits.(in 4 reviews)
  • "The communication is also great, the CEO Doug does a great job of letting us know any important updates and any big changes, which there have been a good amount of especially in the past few months with us transitioning to being NTT Global Data Centers Americas, Inc.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "ragingwire"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Happy to be back!

Dec 2, 2020 - Director of Purchasing in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

NTT GDCA (formerly RagingWire Data Centers) has created an organizational culture that is transparent, sincere and genuinely cares for its employees, and is exemplified by not only the fringe benefits that are offered, but by the involvement in the employee's career path development. The opportunities for internal and external training along with career advancement or changes within the organization provide options that are not available within every organization. The people who are in leadership positions provide whatever is needed by the individual employees or the teams to get their jobs done, and every request or suggestion is given the same consideration rather than being summarily denied or ignored. NTT GDCA is a fast-growing and very progressive organization and it is great to be on the team.

Cons

Having to work from home is a change that was needed due to the COVID pandemic, and not having the personal contact with the teams within the organization is missed. Hopefully there will be an opportunity to work in person with everyone again in the future.

Employee Engagement Specialist

Welcome Back! The biggest compliment we can receive is when a former employee returns to us. It’s true, we are a fast-growing organization during a time when many are slowing down. With that, we want to make sure our employees are being offered all the necessary development and training tools available for them to grow along with us. Unfortunately, we cannot change the current restrictions in place to keep our employees and customers safe during COVID. However, please keep a look out for the different virtual engagement opportunities we regularly offer to connect with your team, colleagues, and different departments. We look forward to the opportunity to see you again in person, too!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for

Feb 18, 2020 - MEP Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

RagingWire is one of those companies that one can work for and feel like they are in a hometown, close-knit family, while having the benefit of being a part of a global company. Being a member of the world's third largest data center business. The workload is normal for this type of business, and the pay is competitive. The benefits are good as well. The key is to always have a work/life balance, and here, it is not only possible, but encouraged.

Cons

Every work place has its "cons" or drawbacks. I would only say that when undesirable or drawbacks happen, management is very involved to not only be made aware, but also actively resolves those issues. I really don't have anything negative to say, and I have been here long enough to have lived through some pretty lean times.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful Place to Work

Apr 3, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It has been a great experience working for RagingWire! There are many reasons but the overall environment is one of the best. For starters, everyone I have the pleasure of working with is extremely kind and helpful. It also is the kind of environment where everyone is dedicated to their job but at the end of the day we all are a team and are willing to help each other and have fun. The communication is also great, the CEO Doug does a great job of letting us know any important updates and any big changes, which there have been a good amount of especially in the past few months with us transitioning to being NTT Global Data Centers Americas, Inc. Overall, it's a great place to work.

Cons

Cross departmental communication can be an issue from time to time.

Employee Engagement Specialist

We strive to provide a secure and connected future that empowers our people, clients, and communities. Our employees help foster this vision and we appreciate you helping to make our workplace environment one of the best! We recognize that communication and connectivity is more vital than ever before and will continue regular updates on important changes taking place across the organization. Additionally, we are proud to announce our newly formed Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accountability (IDEA) Advisory Council and Diversity Champions Team who are helping to lead the efforts in us becoming an even more creative, engaged, and empowered workforce.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Company

Apr 3, 2020 - Corporate Recruiter in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely love this company. The people, benefits, culture and perks really stand out against the rest and I would not have known until I joined the team. I have nothing but positive things to say about my tenure here and I am more excited for things to come.

Cons

I do not have any negative words to stay about RagingWire/NTT

Be the first to find this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Place to Work

Dec 11, 2019 - GL Accountant L2 in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, friendly people to work with, RagingWire consider each employee as an asset for the company, only hire the right people whose skill sets, personality fit with company culture so everyone loves his or her job.

Cons

People stay at their job for long time so not easy to find a replacement opportunity but company is growing very fast, so a lot of new openings

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Employed with RagingWire for three (3) years; was never happy

Nov 29, 2014 - Inside Sales Department
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pros to working with RagingWire is lower level employees. These individuals work hard, give it their all on a daily basis. The commute can be ok at times.

Cons

- the only interaction management has with the employees is, do your job or get fired. - there are no advancement opportunities - don't bother offering suggestions because they will be shot down. - no matter how hard you work for this company, Management is never satisfied and is always looking for a way to put lower level employees down. - morale is very low. - most of the employees at the Ashburn and Sacramento location are looking for work - they treat minorities very poorly and Management does that openly. - some employees work sometimes work over 60 hours a week and their hard working efforts is never good enough - upper management has absolutely no management skills, constantly disrespects the employees and upper management sits back and does nothing - the HR department is a joke - employees are always in fear of loosing their jobs

14 people found this review helpful

recruiter

Thank you for feedback and experience at RagingWire. We regret you were not satisfied for three years. We wish you the very best. Again, Thank you for the feedback.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

They truly care!

Dec 27, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

When the President, CFO, COO, VP, and countless other executives know you by you first name, you know you're at the right company. There is so much room for growth and opportunity here, it's insane. I feel like I work at a Top 5 tech company such as Google, apple, and Facebook. While at the same time, I feel like I work at a family owned company where you're not just a number on the payroll. RagingWire truly cares for it's employees.

Cons

If you don't town ownership, personal accountability, or hard work seriously, you'll hate it. They don't micromanage here and they'll help you succeed, but if you don't take the steps to succeed yourself as well, then it's "Bye Felicia" time.

5 people found this review helpful

recruiter

Thank you! We do care, but still have a lot of work to do and will strive to enhance our candidate and employee experience. Thank you!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best Data Center in Northern California - Great Place to Work - Rapidly Growing

Dec 15, 2011 -  in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

RagingWire is the best run data center in Northern California, and we're expanding to Virginia this year. This is an excellent place to work and build a career. Pros: -High growth, fast paced technology company (Something that is rare in Sacramento) -Still has a small company feel -Great customers - Some of the biggest names on the Internet -Killer 'cloud computing' offering at our subsidiary (www.stratascale.com)

Cons

Sacramento is a long commute from the Bay Area. It's great if you live up here, but hard if you are in SF. Need to open some branch offices to recruit from other regions.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Fine as a place to start a career

Nov 24, 2015 - Infrastructure Engineer in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

RagingWire's environment is pretty threadbare, so when someone has a good idea for a new way to do something or a way to improve on what's already being done, others generally at least listen. If you have basic IT skills, this will be a place where you can make them better and pick up complementary new skills.

Cons

RagingWire treats employees as resources. They'd like to pay you the minimum you'll accept. If you're laid off, there will be no severance. If you need training, you're on the hook to go get it yourself. If you don't like it, they figure they'll just find someone else to replace you. The organization is full of people who want to learn, but also full of people who are incompetent. There will be no room for career growth. RagingWire IT is what it is, and management believes in recruiting and promoting their friends, not you.

recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. The review is very critical and we like the feedback. We regret your negative experience and strive to enhance every current employees experience at every level. The feedback you give today will help us improve and learn as we continue grow into new markets throughout North America. Again, thank you for your feedback and we wish you the very best in your employment search.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

What's it like on the inside?

Feb 5, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Wonderful growth opportunities. Company looks to develop their employees through training and internal promotions before hiring externally. If you show that you're a hard worker, they will give you an opportunity to move up and show them what you've got. - Great work environment. Usually always something snack on, free drinks (soda/coffee), departments are reasonably well spread out. The company rules and policies are quite lax and nothing to out of the ordinary. - Offers cell phone and gym membership reimbursements. - Although there's always a bad apple at every company, the majority of the people at RagingWire are very friendly and helpful. I have always felt as though there's a great network of employees who are willing to support and provide advice when requested. - Each week offers something new to tackle. I always feel challenged and I have rarely felt as though my job has become stagnant, although that is more relative to the type of employee you are. - A company at the forefront of data center construction with a portfolio of high-profile clients. The company focuses on quality over quantity, although that business model may shift in the coming years. They look to design buildings that are aesthetically pleasing instead of those concrete eyesores that are popping up all over Ashburn. Good travel opportunities if you're in the right department, but not mandatory. - Lower level management for IT is very strong and hands-on. - The company ensures that all employees are well-equipped to perform their duties. Hardware and tools provided generally exceed requirements.

Cons

- Compensation for hourly/salary employees is below industry average. This is a very well-known thing internally. Pay does not fluctuate based on the area's cost of living, instead you will be paid the going rate in Sacramento. That does not cut in Ashburn, VA. Due to this, there is a very high turnover rate, especially in the VA sites. However, with good performance, you will see a small raise and decent bonus every year. - The company does not hire enough staff to support the workload. The company is very slow at replacing outgoing staff members, sometimes taking 4-6 months to hire for a position that's in dire need of being filled. I have seen this across all levels of the ladder, from Data Center Technicians to C-Level employees. Some departments are required to provide 24/7 support and they feel the pain when someone on-shift has to call out or worse, puts in their two weeks. - There is a large disconnect between the company sites. Sometimes I feel as though the RagingWire out in the west coast is a completely different entity than the one in VA. - Not necessarily a con, but health benefits are average and could do with some better plans. The same goes with their 401k. I believe this will change drastically in the next couple of years. - HR department is much too involved in company procedures and politics. They seem to have their hands in everything and it's just not necessary. Good luck getting anything approved for purchasing. Hoping the department budgets will also increase. - Some (emphasis on some) members of the executive staff are completely invisible, which is not necessarily a good thing when they are the figurehead of your department. I haven't seen several of the big wigs in years. More communication from senior management would be nice, even if it's just a quarterly meeting.

5 people found this review helpful

recruiter

Thank you for your positive experience at RagingWire Data Centers! Your feedback will be taken to enhance all employment experiences and grow. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews